Aba

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I’m writing this because I need some relief from the pain, and maybe some advice. Every since I started seeking God I’ve felt like there is a wall between me and my husband. It’s not that he’s being difficult or trying to hinder me in my journey with God, in fact he’s been very supportive to a point. But his thoughts aren’t the same as mine anymore. At least not all of them. You see my husband was raised a Jehovah’s Witness. Now he doesn’t practice it anymore but he said if he ever did go back to religion it would be that one. Not because it’s his favorite or anything but because that’s what his parents believe( they don’t believe in an eternal hell). I consider myself non-denomination. My husband is a very kind man, I sometimes am amazed at how much this man loves and cares about me. He has forgiven me for some very bad things I did and stood with me through my worst. Today he even told me that he is going to give me the whole state tax return to give to a charity because he knows it’s important to me.  We have been best friends and married for 14 years now. But when I look at him now, I see someone who is lost and I start to think about him suffering for eternity. I’ve already tried to explain to him that his parents are wrong about their view on hell, and I’ve tried to lead him to the correct doctrine but he isn’t believing it. I stopped pushing the issue because I don’t want to push him away from it by trying to force it down his throat. I’m not trying to say I’m perfect, I am struggling in my walk with God but I’m aware of it and trying to do something about it. When I look at him I might be smiling at him on the outside but on the inside im screaming and crying. Im hurting so much on the inside. I want us to be on the same page and have the same understanding. I feel like Any day I could loose him and it would be too late. I cry a lot over him, sometimes I have to hold my breath until after he leaves for work so I can cry as soon as he walks out the door. At the same time, im trying fix things that I’m doing wrong and overcome strongholds in my life. I feel so drained and sad. It feels very heavy on my heart, and it’s making things so much harder for me. I know I’m not responsible for his salvation, and I’ve told myself that. But I can’t help but worry about him. I have prayed for him a lot but not sure God hears me because I’m not completely righteous yet. I know he only hears the prayers of the righteous.  I often talk to God, not knowing if he’s listening or not but I figure what can it hurt? I tell him all the time that my husband has great potential to be a good Christian and do many kind things. I beg and plead with God to help him. But so far....nothing. I don’t know what to do anymore. 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

37 minutes ago, Aba said:

I’m writing this because I need some relief from the pain, and maybe some advice. Every since I started seeking God I’ve felt like there is a wall between me and my husband. It’s not that he’s being difficult or trying to hinder me in my journey with God, in fact he’s been very supportive to a point. But his thoughts aren’t the same as mine anymore. At least not all of them. You see my husband was raised a Jehovah’s Witness. Now he doesn’t practice it anymore but he said if he ever did go back to religion it would be that one. Not because it’s his favorite or anything but because that’s what his parents believe( they don’t believe in an eternal hell). I consider myself non-denomination. My husband is a very kind man, I sometimes am amazed at how much this man loves and cares about me. He has forgiven me for some very bad things I did and stood with me through my worst. Today he even told me that he is going to give me the whole state tax return to give to a charity because he knows it’s important to me.  We have been best friends and married for 14 years now. But when I look at him now, I see someone who is lost and I start to think about him suffering for eternity. I’ve already tried to explain to him that his parents are wrong about their view on hell, and I’ve tried to lead him to the correct doctrine but he isn’t believing it. I stopped pushing the issue because I don’t want to push him away from it by trying to force it down his throat. I’m not trying to say I’m perfect, I am struggling in my walk with God but I’m aware of it and trying to do something about it. When I look at him I might be smiling at him on the outside but on the inside im screaming and crying. Im hurting so much on the inside. I want us to be on the same page and have the same understanding. I feel like Any day I could loose him and it would be too late. I cry a lot over him, sometimes I have to hold my breath until after he leaves for work so I can cry as soon as he walks out the door. At the same time, im trying fix things that I’m doing wrong and overcome strongholds in my life. I feel so drained and sad. It feels very heavy on my heart, and it’s making things so much harder for me. I know I’m not responsible for his salvation, and I’ve told myself that. But I can’t help but worry about him. I have prayed for him a lot but not sure God hears me because I’m not completely righteous yet. I know he only hears the prayers of the righteous.  I often talk to God, not knowing if he’s listening or not but I figure what can it hurt? I tell him all the time that my husband has great potential to be a good Christian and do many kind things. I beg and plead with God to help him. But so far....nothing. I don’t know what to do anymore. 

Oh I completely understand you. I am in prayer for my husbands salvation. When we met neither of us were rooted in the word. Now, I am, and praying for his salvation has been a battle. Not a battle between he and I but between the forces of evil and darkness. It just seems like as soon as I got into God's word and started praying for his salvation Satan has been at work overtime to discourage me. One day can be beautiful  and then the next day or sometimes the next moment he will say something or do something that is completely against what I am praying for. It is very difficult and very discouraging I know God's timing is perfect. I know He hears me and I just have to wait patiently for him to move in my husbands life. I see subtle changes already and I have to praise God for that. I know He is working in him. God will send him through something where all he has to look to will be Him. He did the same for me, and I am thankful for it everyday. Trust me I know what you are going through, I am going through it as well. I cry almost everyday. But in the midst of my tears I praise God because I know He has heard me and is answering my prayer everyday. The breakthrough won't happen overnight, but when it does I will have a praising partner. You will too. Just keep the faith my sister. Don't give up on God, He hears you and is working on your husband, just as he is working on mine. God bless. I am praying for you

Edited by Unwavering Faith
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

56 minutes ago, Aba said:

You married him knowing he was JW? Perhaps you should pray to God for you and your husband. Ask that God will open up your heart to Him so that you will ask Him into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Give God your life 100% and put Him in the drivers seat of your life. If God is in the passengers seat change seats. Then you can pray for your husband for his salvation.

• Oy Vey! 1

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You married him knowing he was JW? Perhaps you should pray to God for you and your husband. Ask that God will open up your heart to Him so that you will ask Him into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Give God your life 100% and put Him in the drivers seat of your life. If God is in the passengers seat change seats. Then you can pray for your husband for his salvation.

Yes I did marry him. because back then I didn’t care about religion and he is a good man and I loved him, and still love him. Please don’t throw judgement my way. That’s the last thing I need right now is for someone to make me feel worse. And I did say in my post that I have been praying for both of us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Aba said:

Yes I did marry him. because back then I didn’t care about religion and he is a good man and I loved him, and still love him. Please don’t throw judgement my way. That’s the last thing I need right now is for someone to make me feel worse. And I did say in my post that I have been praying for both of us. 

Perhaps you could open your heart to God and ask for Him to guide and direct you and your husband in what God wants for your lives.

• Oy Vey! 1

56 minutes ago, Unwavering Faith said:

Oh I completely understand you. I am in prayer for my husbands salvation. When we met neither of us were rooted in the word. Now, I am, and praying for his salvation has been a battle. Not a battle between he and I but between the forces of evil and darkness. It just seems like as soon as I got into God's word and started praying for his salvation Satan has been at work overtime to discourage me. One day can be beautiful  and then the next day or sometimes the next moment he will say something or do something that is completely against what I am praying for. It is very difficult and very discouraging I know God's timing is perfect. I know He hears me and I just have to wait patiently for him to move in my husbands life. I see subtle changes already and I have to praise God for that. I know He is working in him. God will send him through something where all he has to look to will be Him. He did the same for me, and I am thankful for it everyday. Trust me I know what you are going through, I am going through it as well. I cry almost everyday. But in the midst of my tears I praise God because I know He has heard me and is answering my prayer everyday. The breakthrough won't happen overnight, but when it does I will have a praising partner. You will too. Just keep the faith my sister. Don't give up on God, He hears you and is working on your husband, just as he is working on mine. God bless. I am praying for you

Thank you for sharing that with me. I feel so alone sometimes. Yes our stories are very similar, I will pray for us all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Aba said:

Hey Aba, 

I will be praying for your husband's salvation with you! We know that the Lord can draw him in, He did it for each of us! It may not happen immediately but I do believe that as your grow in the Lord, your husband will see the change in you and it will make him seek out the Truth! Be Blessed!

Amy

• Thumbs Up 1