IGNORED

What's the difference between a person's Rights, Desires, and Preferences?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

13 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Around 1950-1960, the seeming 'right' to be healthy was by federal law taken* away.  By corporations before and since then also,  frequently.  i.e. society is dangerous, pernicious, and not meant of their own motives or purposes to be helpful, as written in Scripture.  Sovereign Creator YHVH can and does still use it for His Own Purposes, as He Pleases.

*To realize this it must possibly be understood how few people were dependent on the government system around 1902, and up until then.  Since then it has been getting worse and worse, on purpose, every year.

That was the year long ago (years/ decades ago ) revealed that the powers that be in the united states got together and decided unanimously perhaps that making more money was the overall course to take,  with no regard for anyone's health --- only their own pocketbooks and how much more money could be made off the herds of people held captive.(general population,  in the usa,  and in the rest of the world as it has happened, as much as possible for those in power).

There are still 'hidden' resources of freedom and health and life , as God has called and chosen and set apart people for Himself, for His Own Purpose outside the greed and power of the purpose of the world system.  (oh, still living in the world, but free of its power, and witnesses testifying of God's Way as God decrees) .

This sounds like conjecture and conspiracy ;) What law took away citizens {I assume in the United States} to be healthy?

What evidence do you have for what you're saying? Is there some link or study done to back up these claims?

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Those crucified with and in Christ do not have any 'rights' to stand up for or try to defend.

They (we) REST IN HIM, and TRUST THE FATHER, SAME AS CHRIST !  (we have the mind of Christ)

Do what the Father says to DO,  as written in His Word. 

There's no worry then about anyone's so-called (and worldly or carnal or humanistic) "rights"

One right more people should be aware was taken from them,  is the right to know the truth about health (spiritual, mental, soulish and physical health) .

The enemy (hasatan) came only to kill , to steal, and to destroy,   and he works through all the governments of this world to do that.

I suppose the easiest way to address this is repeat myself?  Let's discuss for a moment A. Natural Law and B. distinguish between Vertical and Horizontal rights. Do you agree or disagree with this?

Natural Law can be boiled down to two parts:

1. Do not encroach on others or their property. This is the basis of criminal law.

2. Do all you have agreed to do. This is the basis of civil law.

It's important to distinguish between vertical (God to person) and horizontal (person to person) rights.

In our relationship with God, we have rights only as they are granted to us in Jesus Christ. For example, we can approach God boldly through Jesus Christ as our Mediator. Or we can claim through Jesus Christ the inheritance promised to those who confess that Jesus is Lord and believe in their hearts God raised Him from the dead - eternal life with God.

Over our lives and our property we have no rights before God. He has all the rights. He is the Maker and owner of everything. We simply manage what He's given us: Money, Time, other resources, etc.

Before our fellow man, though, it's a different story. Every person has basic human rights. Again, see the last few of the 10 commandments. This includes me and you. This is clear from Scripture, from common sense, from natural law, and from the foundations of basic republic/democratic nations. A basic principle of what we see in the Bible is every person should be treated with dignity and respect. Jesus Himself said that the law was summed up in loving God and loving people.

Matthew 7:12
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:36-39
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

You basically said the enemy works through all governments of this world to kill, steal, and destroy. Who sets up kings, world leaders, and establishes government?

Seems to me that God sets up governments and leaders?

Romans 13:1
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, GoldenEagle said:

I still think we are still talking over each other.

John 18:19-24
The High Priest Questions Jesus

19 The high priest then questioned Jesus about his disciples and his teaching. 20 Jesus answered him, “I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together. I have said nothing in secret. 21 Why do you ask me? Ask those who have heard me what I said to them; they know what I said.” 22 When he had said these things, one of the officers standing by struck Jesus with his hand, saying, “Is that how you answer the high priest?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If what I said is wrong, bear witness about the wrong; but if what I said is right, why do you strike me?” 24 Annas then sent him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

When Jesus was slapped on the face in John 18 what did He do? Jesus stood up to those who had done Him wrong. Is that a contradiction to Jesus's teaching on the sermon on the mount in Matthew 5? No, Jesus was showing that back handedly slapping someone was wrong and shameful. To turn the other cheek would have been heaping more shame upon the person doing the slapping and would have pointed out the rights of the person who was being violated that should have treated with respect.

Jesus never gave up his rights as the Son of God. He retained the right to call down legions of angels to aid Him at any time even up to the end. Jesus didn't make use of His rights to do so because He had a greater purpose. But make no mistake that Jesus rights were violated and the people who called for His death were guilty of the blood on their hands.

God bless,
GE

Jesus stood up to those who had done Him wrong

HE never said not to speak TRUTH .  He said not to repay evil WITH EVIL.  so no he did not contradict himself. 

PS JESUS is the only one RIGHTEOUS who would even have deserved those angels to defend him.     WE AINT ours is called a gift .

But praise the Lord peoples, praise the LORD . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Rights desires and privileges are to be subservient to  the greater goal given by Jesus to all that listened to Him at the sermon on the mount, and by extension to us today.    The idea that if told to do what is lawful, or even by unlawful demand, one is to go the "extra mile" without complaint, doing so in the name of Jesus and in order to provide more time to share of Jesus.

If commanded, as was done under the law of Rome, to carry a Roman soldier's burden for a mile, the saint in Christ Jesus faith was to carry it instead for a full two miles. The practical result is to have more time to share what a Christian is, and to spare another person the hardship of carrying an oppressive soldiers load too. The principle worked with Paul as  Roman prisoner bound to Roman guards too.

God also has said let oppression pass without response for there then will be an account made before Him. If one  does let it pass, God will punish at His time of choosing, including the great Judgement.

Jesus giving His sermon  at the mount steps up the limitation on retaliation from punishment limited to  pretty much in kind punishment, to a different standard even more limiting, no retaliation at all. Why? I understand it to be that the startling result will be that an oppressor will have to see there is a difference in those that know him  as Lord God and savior. The oppressor will be forced to acknowledge a difference exists within Christians for Jesus sake and for His glory. The Holy Spirit  may assault their mind with awareness, a challenge to hear and heed the call to turn about repent and receive  with that awareness  Jesus  as their Lord.

Those are my understandings of why rights desires and  privileges may be best surrendered, and that it is a good thing to do so  in order to be a light in a dark world reflecting and pointing to the glory of Jesus.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/16/2018 at 2:33 AM, Neighbor said:

Those are my understandings of why rights desires and  privileges may be best surrendered, and that it is a good thing to do so  in order to be a light in a dark world reflecting and pointing to the glory of Jesus.

Amen and HalleluYah!