Mary8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

.Manifest Sons, Replacement Theology, Dominion, Restitution, Identity, Latter Rain, Sonship, [and more recently, NAR New Apostolic Reformation].
The following material is my notes about these teachings in 1988.
   Book review of Earl Paulk's book, "Satan Unmasked."  Viola Larson's book review was of vital importance in helping me to understand about the doctrinal stance of these groups.  Larson quotes the Puritan author Richard Baxter's book, The Saint's Everlasting Rest:  'The most dangerous mistake of our souls is, to take the creature for God, and earth for heaven.'   Larson exposes much when she quotes Earl Paulk, who said:  "Just as dogs have puppies and cats have kittens, so God has little gods.... Until we comprehend that we are little gods and we begin to act like little gods, we cannot manifest the Kingdom of God."
   An article, "An Introduction to the Potential Social Significance of the Doctrine of the Manifestation of the Sons of God," by an unknown author (perhaps Mr. Seward) contains specifics and details and was of even more importance in helping me.
   "A Planned Deception, The Staging of a New Age 'Messiah'" by Constance Cumbey, gives some excellent information and a list of prominent individuals who are teaching the manifest sons doctrine.  Cumbey states that the majority of MSOG teachers believe:  Lucifer is not Satan; that those who don't accept "sonship" truths are to be eliminated; the Bible is not to be interpreted literally; the Christ is an office, not a man; the future coming of the Year of Jubilee which will see the redistribution of the world's wealth; the Garden of Eden never existed as a real place -- only spiritual state; believe in existence of auras and energies; Jesus is not returning in one body as He did the last time -- but this time in many bodies -- we will be headed by one who will be our king, Jesus' younger brother; we'll never leave his planet, we reattain heaven, a spiritual state, by accepting "sonship;" those accepting the truths of sonship are the generation who will not see death, or who will loose the bonds of death.
   "Beyond Secution:  A Return to Biblical Christianity" by Dave Hunt, includes many quotes by those involved.  
   My personal experiences:     In October, 1984, I met a woman who invited me to [go with her] attend a "marvelous" fellowship located at Calvary Christian Church, "CCC."  
   She said that they were having a three day meeting and that families there would put up visitors for "Feast of Tabernacles" and invited me to go with her [several counties away].  I went, and greatly enjoyed all of the good testimonies, fellowship, lengthy (25 minutes) open praise periods that occurred intermittently.
   The people there were very kind.  I was ministered to by the pastor, elders and visitor [a preacher], (the son-in-law of Royal Cronquist, my friend told me).  He prophesied over me and said in part "let her recognize the authority that You have given her and of the residing Christ that's within her. ..."  (Notice he mentions "the" Christ -- C. Cumbey says that the group believes "The Christ is an office, not a man.")  Cronquist also prophesied [announced] that ________ , the local pastor, had been anointed for and was to walk in the ministry of an apostle.
   The church owns farm acreages and most of the families live in these areas near to the church.  The church owns and runs the _______ bakery, restaurant, in town.  In the spring, I went with my friend to Passover services.
   Then in May 1985 I visited "Camp _____" where guests Chuck Travis and Mark Chironna ministered at length to the group from CCC and others from other areas.
   And then in July, 1985, I went up to hear Royal Cronquist, internationally known speaker, whom the church there esteems highly.  I didn't find his speaking very clear or deep, and my friend said he was very tired, that he fasts much and doesn't permit himself much sleep as part of his fast.  She is close to Royal, and took him aside and introduced me to him.
   Some of his first words were:  'I like your friend's spirit.'  (C. Cumbey states that the manifest sons teach 'a belief in the existence of auras and energies.')  Then during one of his talks, he said:  "No man alive is fit to be my covering."  He did later tell the church elders there that he submitted himself to them, and they did pray over him.  Royal and my friend had a kindly talk about those who don't agree with him and are indeed lashing out about the matter.
   That fall, or perhaps it was in 1986, I went up again and heard Francis Frangipane of Indiana or Iowa preach.
   By my last visit in spring of 1987, I felt there were some things I didn't feel comfortable about.  For the most part, the prophecies with any content were brought forth only by the men designated as apostles, with other prophecies by about eight elders.  Women and children would take the microphone and prophesy, usually in song, and usually prophecies of a simple sort, inspirational.  I did see one black couple there, but realized that I had seen no black people before.  As far as I could tell, there were no Jewish believers at any of the meetings.
   Also, I noted a definite difference in my literal beliefs about prophecies and blessings of Israel and the Jews, to the preaching there.  Those [different] beliefs alone would be enough to separate me from these groups, but they do not openly state a lot of their ideas -- rather tend to "spiritualize" everything.  There was also an extreme emphasis upon terms such as sonship, manifestation of sons, dominion, kingdom, spiritual, bride, etc.  Yet I didn't hear any references to the words Jesus spoke about the ten virgins and the midnight call, etc.
   By then I had realized that the group did not expect a rapture of believers, but rather that an elite group would somehow overcome, manifest great power, and go up to God in victory over death without Jesus coming first.  Also that those who did not overcome and obtain etc. were supposed to be the church in the wilderness.
   I have long believed that the Lord will come for us, held it as "the blessed hope," and began to be angry and told my friend that apparently the "blessed hope" for me would be death.  I disposed of my tapes which I had made at the services.
   There is an emphasis on "the day of the Lord" and words such as "shine bright morning star" "the army" etc.  The Sabbath has been "restored" and the larger, longer meetings, communion, etc. were held on Saturday mornings and there is a quieter Sunday morning meeting.
   In August, 1987, I saw Earl Paulk on "The Harvester Hour" on television, and was quite amazed when he said "the Lord has shown me the most beautiful type of the bride of Christ" and had the audience turn to Chronicles and proceeded to read about David playing the harp before Saul and said that David was the type of the Bride!  This is an example of the manner in which the scriptures are "spiritualized."
   Among the literature was one article called "The Manifest Sons" by Leland Earls.   Also, my friend gave me an article by .... Dr. Tom Berry, called "The Christian During Riot and Revolution," which includes a chart on which there is a sphinx with a hierarchy of groups and it seems to me to be claiming the Jews are part of a conspiracy (along with other groups).
   Survivalism including plans for country hideaways, ammunition, etc. is important to those who expect a coming warfare.
   "Charisma" magazine for about April, 1988, included many ads, meetings, announcements, etc. of individuals that are apparently persuaded by these doctrines.
   The meaning of CCC:  Apparently ICCC is used in other states, and means International Communion of Charismatic Churches or something similar.
   Natworking:  apparently this term refers to all the prophets who believe they are receiving new revelations in an on-going manner.  Thie would likely include many people who do not yet fully realize that these are some of the basic foundational teachings of Manifest Sons of God, Restoration, Dominion, Reconstruction, the Kingdom Now teachings [and in 2018, New Apostolic Reformation, NAR].
   Apostles, Prophets, Teachers of Manifest Sons, Kingdom Now teachers.  Following are names of individuals persuaded by some or all of these doctrines:  Manifest Sons of God, Latter Rain, Identity, Dominion:
Mel Bailey, apostle, Tom Berry,  Mr. Bickhart, Bill Britton, Jamie Buckingham, David Chilton, Bertrand Comparet, Royal Cronquist, Leland Earls, David Ebaugh, Sam Fife, Francis Frangipane, Mark Chironna, Dan Gayman, John Giminez and wife, George Grant, William Grimstad, Bill Hamon, George Hawtin, Marilyn Hickey, J. Holbrook, Larry Lea, James McKeever, David Minor, Jack Mohr, Norene Nicholls, Gary North, Earl Paulk, Dennis Peacocke, Ray Prinzing, Eldon Purvis, Howard Rand, T. Reid, Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson, James Robison, John R. Stephens, Wesley Swift, Ray Sutton, Larry Tomczak, Chuck Travis, Kelly Varner, George Warnock (in 1940s Latter Rain movement), Bob Weiner, Speed Wilson.
   I do not claim to know to what extent the above individuals hold to ideas about manifested sons receiving ongoing, new revelations and taking authority over unbelievers by pronouncing the judgment of death upon those who will not accede to their dominion.
   I do know that some of the above are believers, kind, nice people.  My friend who took me to the CCC church is still my friend and we have decided we disagree on a number of things however.  [She has spoken with hope of a rapture in recent months.  She lives in another county so we don't see each other often.]
   I have been careful in listing those that I know fellowship with, speak on the same programs with the Manifest Sons of God group.
   The MSOG group teach that fall, 1988, is the 120th Jubilee since Adam, and is supposed to be crucial.
   One newsletter in 1987 I received had a prophecy which stated that the time has come for the overcomers to call for "judgment."
   I thank all of those who care enough to try to learn about doctrines and ideas and share them so that we may know where each group stands, to compare Scriptures.
   In 1988, the Lord has given me such a love and a desire to intercede for us all, that whoever is right, whoever is wrong, His people will be helped and blessed.  Great blessing worth the struggle.
   What price unity?  The unity of love is required -- unity of doctrine is not.  We are to seriously study and understand the doctrines of the scriptures and to hold fast to these.
   Some people who strongly disagree with the Manifest sons teaching are John Ankerberg, David Hunt, Dr. Breese, Hal Lindsay, Zola Leavitt, David Kithcart, David Wilkerson, Dr. David Reagan.... and I think they would keep reminding us of the literal interpretation of prophecies, of a real live Antichrist, of Jesus the judge, of the church best shown as a waiting Bride -- not a group making up a manchild caught up to heaven to receive an immortal body and returning to earth to execute judgments, neither as a woman in the wilderness.
   I would like to quote a prophecy which the Lord gave to a friend of mine on January 2, 1991:
Beware, My little children.  I say there are wolves among My sheep.  They have long appeared as sheep, but I say to you they are wolves.  Oh, children, know My Word, know it well, so when they try to lead you astray, you will not be caught, for then My little ones, you will know if you know My Word!  They appear as leaders among My sheep, they have drawn you slowly, slowly from My Word.  Beware, My little ones, beware!  Make sure what you hear lines up with My Word!
   [Note how her words echo the scriptures:  Matthew 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.   Matthew 10:16   Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.]
Retyped 14 February 2018.   I have not attempted to list the 2018 preachers and television programs who share these beliefs.  Use of brackets [  ] will indicate where I have added something now as I retype my 1988 notes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Good stuff Mary8!. I'm familiar with a lot of it & Constance Cumbey's work.  It is good to warn people about this and even we see on the board here  new people who claim to have received 'a special revelation" that is contrary to scripture, so  it seems there is more doctrines of deceiving spirits spreading around these days, & a very prideful spirit accompanies .  I miss Dave Hunt. 

I remember Dave Hunt,we used to own all the books he wrote. .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Thank you for the welcome and good words.   I was a secretary for decades and it is a blessing to have this site as a place to quote Scripture (lists of them about Rapture and other topics), as well as to post my thoughts, interpretation of typology.   

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

The Bible is to be interpreted literally

All scripture is literal or in reference to other scripture where the literal interpretation is given

• Thumbs Up 1