Sister

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- Jesus said, 'Lawlessness Will Abound'. How would we know it's Lawlessness Abounding if

The Mystery of Lawlessness hasn't fallen away?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, RevelationWriter said:

- Jesus said, 'Lawlessness Will Abound'. How would we know it's Lawlessness Abounding if

The Mystery of Lawlessness hasn't fallen away?

But the overall vast majority of churches are preaching a JESUS that promotes sin and lawlessness.   the time has come that many no longer endure sound doctrine .

Heck the so called christain church leads in interfaith ,  they hugging and saying all paths valid .   SOUNDS like a major falling away is building up to the upmost .

And the daughters more and more heed the mothers cry and desire unity with the whore of interfaith .    YA MASSIVE FALLING AWAY is happening big time

but most don't see it as that , they see it as Hugs for world peace and love .    Und  diese ist nich recht .  MEGA FALSE .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

My thoughts: The falling away is rapture. Notice the word "revealed" is mentioned three times with the restrainer being the church... 2 Thess 2:8 AND THEN..

2 Thess 2:3-8 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the falling away occurs first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 5Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

2 Thess 2:7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way (ginomai:).

Rev 12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

ginomai: to come into being, to happen, to become
Original Word: γίνομαι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ginomai
Phonetic Spelling: (ghin'-om-ahee)
Short Definition: I come into being, am born
Definition: I come into being, am born, become, come about, happen.

Conception of the church was at Pentecost 2,000 years ago, and the rapture is the birth. - Heb 13:8

Luke 14:33 In the same way, those of you who do not give up (apotassó) everything you have cannot be my disciples.

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

apotassó: to set apart, take leave of
Original Word: ἀποτάσσομαι
Transliteration: apotassó
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ot-as'-som-ahee)
Short Definition: I withdraw from, take leave of, renounce, send away
Definition: I withdraw from, take leave of, renounce, send away.

http://gospelhall.org/bible/bible.php?search=apotasso&dict=vine&lang=greek

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=bfe2WrDhDYuL5wL8xZcQ&q=forsake+the+world&oq=forsake+the+world&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4j0i22i10i30k1l6.488.2342.0.3510.18.16.0.0.0.0.116.1040.15j1.16.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.16.1038.0..35i39k1j0i131k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1.0.NmENGwlQcrU

My thoughts: The rapture is basically believers in Christ rebelling against religion and the beast system inside the 70th week (Rev 13). God is love, not religion.

Forsake [Noun] apostasia "an apostasy, defection, revolt," always in NT of religious defection

Luke 21:36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

John 11:44 The dead man came out (exerchomai:), his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."

exerchomai: to go or come out of
Original Word: ἐξέρχομαι
Transliteration: exerchomai
Phonetic Spelling: (ex-er'-khom-ahee)
Short Definition: I go out, come out
Definition: I go out, come out.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance - come forth, depart, escape, get out - From ek and erchomai; to issue (literally or figuratively) -- come (forth, out), depart (out of), escape, get out, go (abroad, away, forth, out, thence), proceed (forth), spread abroad.

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (apostasia) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

apostasia: defection, revolt
Original Word: ἀποστασία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apostasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: defection, apostasy
Definition: defection, apostasy, revolt.
HELPS Word-studies

646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

21 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

My thoughts: The rapture is basically believers in Christ rebelling against religion and the beast system inside the 70th week (Rev 13). God is love, not religion.

I Timothy 4  Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Sorry, doesn't add up with numerous examples regarding what will happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

I Timothy 4  Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Sorry, doesn't add up with numerous examples regarding what will happen.

I'm just thinking out loud right now. That is the other option, that apostasy means what it means.

1. Do you believe 1 Tim 4:1 is referring to believers or nonbelievers.
2. Who do you believe the restrainer is in 2 Thess 2.
3. Why did Paul and Timothy use two different words.

2 Thess 2:3
apostasia: defection, revolt
Original Word: ἀποστασία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apostasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: defection, apostasy
Definition: defection, apostasy, revolt.

Luke 8:13 / 1 Tim 4:1
aphistémi: to lead away, to depart from
Original Word: ἀφίστημι
Transliteration: aphistémi
Phonetic Spelling: (af-is'-tay-mee)
Short Definition: I lead away, seduce, depart, abstain from
Definition: I make to stand away, draw away, repel, take up a position away from, withdraw from, leave, abstain from.

Luke 8:11-15 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away (aphistémi). 14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

1. Do you believe 1 Tim 4:1 is referring to believers or nonbelievers.

For one to depart from the faith, they would first have to be joined with it.  Paul speaks about deceiving spirits and teachings of demons leading them away, and I don't think it is a mystery as to what the enemy wishes to lead people away from, the truth.  If their faith is in a lie, satan would just leave them where they are, right?

2. Who do you believe the restrainer is in 2 Thess 2.

I think ultimately God is the restrainer, though the reference could be to any number of chosen instruments.  The archangels Michael or Gabriel would be possible candidates, as Daniel depicts Gabriel standing up for Israel as well as Michael, and Michael is also depicted as an instrument of dealing with satan in Revelation.  At the end of the day, everything that ever has happened, or will happen, is according to God's time and purpose.

3. Why did Paul and Timothy use two different words.

Greek is no different than any other language, different words can be used to describe the same thing.  For example, I could say in English, Joe tripped, or I could say, Joe stumbled.  Means the same thing in either case.  In the Olivet discourse from Matthew, Jesus speaks of a falling away, the parable of the sower from Matthew, Mark, and Luke speak of it as well.  It is found in Hebrews and also in Paul's writings.  If we were talking about one isolated incident then a case could be made for misunderstanding, but evidence is contrary to that.