IGNORED

Could a war in space be part of prophecy?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.worthynews.com/30525-russia-china-developing-anti-satellite-weapons-space-wars-report-warns

So what are your thoughts on this news article in view of 

Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the troubles of those days, 'The sun will be darkened, the moon will not give its light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of heaven will be shaken loose.' 

Could this be a prophecy about a high tech war?

Taken off the internet when searching how many satellites circle the earth;

This definition makes our count much less because it includes only spacecraft and not debris that orbits the Earth. The Goddard Space Flight Center's lists 2,271 satellites currently in orbit. Russia has the most satellites currently in orbit, with 1,324 satellites, followed by the U.S. with 658.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

Could this be a prophecy about a high tech war?

Obviously high tech is involved, as part of everything, as it already has been for years - destructive military of the United States and most other countries as well,   killing,  stealing, destroying,  increasing human trafficking and drug flow beyond billions of dollars !

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I always figured Gundam would become an actual thing at some point. I call dibs on a Hambrabi. 

On a serious note, though, I think any satellite warfare would be rather small-scale. Stuff in space costs a lot of money, and if I know people, I don't think they'll want to put too much into it.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Looking at the context of the passage you quoted, (immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days) that event will happen at the end of the Tribulation thus indicating it is referring to Christ's return, not high tech war...

Mat 24:15-31  “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),  (16)  then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.  (17)  Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house,  (18)  and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak.  (19)  And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days!  (20)  Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath.  (21)  For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.  (22)  And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.  (23)  Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.  (24)  For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.  (25)  See, I have told you beforehand.  (26)  So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.  (27)  For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.  (28)  Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.  (29)  “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  (30)  Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  (31)  And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

This is interesting,

Are you saying that the sight of falling stars and the darkness of the sun and moon is the result of the coming of Christ? In that I mean that it is a supernatural occurrence heralding the second coming.

Or....could this be these satellite destroying weapons hitting satellites that then re-enter the earths atmosphere and look like falling stars.

It is not the time in Revelation when the new heavens and earth are created, so it must be something else happening.

I guess it could be some combination of natural occurrences but......22)  And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.  

Are there weapons now that could cause the sun and moon to go dark and if it wasn't for the return of Christ we would wipe ourselves off the face of the earth?

I'm bringing this up because we are in a position in this day and age where the things we have invented are highly likely to play into the signs of the second coming.

Could it be that this new technology that China and Russia are pursuing in the news piece is  part of a sign? 

:noidea: