GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

What are some of the signs of autism? Do you know anyone who is autistic? Can you relate to any of this?

These are {15} of my observations in my life (as someone with autism), my family (3 out of 5 of us are autistic), and friends (many who are likely on the autistic spectrum that either deny, ignore, or accept their autism).

God bless,
GE

Autism Hand.jpg

1. Empathy
• May have trouble understanding other people’s feelings or talking about their own feelings.
• Or may experience empathy but may have difficulty expressing that feeling outwardly.
• OR may be an Empath taking on the burdens and trials of others.

2. Non-verbal Communication
• May have a hard time understanding body language, social cues, or jokes.
• May lose language or other social milestones, usually between the ages of 15 and 30 months.

3. Eye Contact
• May avoid or have a hard time with eye contact.

4. Socialization
• May often want to be alone; or want to interact with others but may not be sure how to do so.
• May have a hard time making {close} friends. In some cases, may have plenty or very few acquaintances.
• May have a hard time (nervousness or anxiety) in social settings.
• May have rather strong opinions and have a hard time accepting other’s opinions.
• May have a hard time taking turns in conversations.
• May tend to take things very literally.
• May be unaware of social cues.

5. Interests
• May have narrow, sometimes obsessive or compulsive interests.
• In autistic circles, these can be called special interests or hobbies.

6. Self-Focus
• May talk about themselves or their interests.
• This may sometimes be for long periods of time and expect others to be interested in the topics as well.
• May have difficulty in talking about a range of topics.
• May use elaborate or complex vocabulary to express themselves.

7. Speech
• May speak in unusual ways, in monotone, or with an odd tone of voice.
• May have delayed speech and use sounds/signs instead of words to communicate.
• May revert to one word or repetitive sentences to communicate.

8. Body Control
• May be clumsy or awkward.
• May have odd or repetitive movements.
• May have a hard time controlling urination or bowel movements.
• May impulsively touch others’ bodies, hair, items, clothing.

9. Routine
• May have a need for very fixed routines, order, and rituals.
• May get frustrated by change or new experiences.
• May have unusual eating or sleeping habits.

10. Sensory Challenges
• May have extreme reactions or no reactions at all to one or more senses including lighting, sound, touch, taste, and smell.
• Too many inputs may lead to frustration, anger, withdrawal, or meltdowns.
• May have common reactions to sensory overload such as Flight, Fight, or Freeze.

11. Strengths and Weaknesses
• Many people with autism are exceedingly strong in certain areas (math, science, computers, art, writing, etc) and weak in others (communication, social graces, etc).
• The strengths and weaknesses of people with autism may vary.
• Each autistic person has their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses.
• May have extreme anxiety, phobias, and highly unusual phobias.

12. Brain Information Overload
• Similar to sensory challenges only has to do with too much information for the autistic brain to handle.
• With too much to juggle at once the brain short circuits and the person has a hard time concentrating, speaking clearly, or thinking clearly.

13. Stemming
• May exhibit “classic” behavior used to calm ones self including: rocking, spinning, swaying, twirling fingers, walking on toes for a long time, tapping feet, tapping legs, or flapping hands.

14. Diet
• May have a very restricted diet.
• May have strong reactions to sugar, Red 40, gluten, and dairy.

15. Sensory Avoiders and Seekers
• Some people may be sensory avoiders, but others are sensory seekers, looking for input from soft objects, heavy blankets, stuffed animals, playing with ribbons, etc.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

What are the tests for everyone ?  

test for mercury,  cadmium, aluminum,  pathogens, viruses,  msg  , 

(the bad things)

test for vitamin A, B, C, D, E,  and enzymes, proteins, blood levels, oxygen, etc etc

(the good things needed)

Some phenomenal (seeming) clinics are medically licensed and can test for all these and thousands of other things without needles and without intruding into the body.   Seek them out as desired for

second or third or more medical opinions on what is happening,

what is out of balance,  

and what can be done to correct that which can be corrected. 

Tests that can be verified and repeated anywhere,  with the same standards and same results.  (though some medical providers may focus on some things more than others, and may recommend different kinds of actions to take depending on their focus.

Nothing happens over night, of course - it took years of searching and testing sometimes.....  be persistent and don't ever give up !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As I usually do, I encourage for your consideration looking at Brain Balance program, Dr. Robert Melillo, and the books he has authored including Disconnected Kids, Reconnectd Kids, and the nutrition plan book.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

As I usually do, I encourage for your consideration looking at Brain Balance program, Dr. Robert Melillo, and the books he has authored including Disconnected kids.

I think I saw his books at a health food store, book section, along with about 12 others about the 'spectrum' and potential avenues to address it in a helpful way,  with many mom's (see mom's against autism online) finding that in their own cases between 2 months to 4 years their children lost the diagnosis !  (they kept always seeing the doctors, and it is the doctor's decision / testing to declare when the child no longer has the diagnosis).

The doctors with the most success might be more expensive, or might not be,  but those are the ones we seek out ...

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

I think I saw his books at a health food store, book section, along with about 12 others about the 'spectrum' and potential avenues to address it in a helpful way,  with many mom's (see mom's against autism online) finding that in their own cases between 2 months to 4 years their children lost the diagnosis !  (they kept always seeing the doctors, and it is the doctor's decision / testing to declare when the child no longer has the diagnosis).

The doctors with the most success might be more expensive, or might not be,  but those are the ones we seek out ...

Our family is living the experience. Absolutely encouraging, in fact awesome encouraging results. Expensive? Depends I guess, expensive compared to what as an alternative? There is  a decent financing plan.

• Praise God! 1

I can not use a youtube link here but please go  search "Dr. Robert Melillo Explains Brain Balance" watch, and then look at some of the other videos by the group.

Just one of life's mysteries. Or we are just having trouble concentrating? ???

Actually , I think  there is very good reason- there is great concern by many people as the diagnosis if not the various conditions under  that umbrella are not only epidemic they have become pandemic with 1 in 50 being iahgnosised instead of 1 in 10,000.

When the subject is that overwhelming there are lots of nuance and so lots of possible specialized threads of interests. The same question could be asked of the Bible itself, why so many different threads on it?

Within my family,  we are experiencing absolute wonderful change to the good in a family member from Brain Balance instead of the other medical solutions that  were a threat; that of the drugging into submission a child. So whoo hoo!, I am sharing for anyone to look and at least be aware of  a possibility that there can be success in physical therapies without meds.