Thomas Eidsaa

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone! Does Christianity have essential deeds? No. We have salvation. While other religions grow out of deeds; never resting assured in your salvation; deeds in christianity grow out from deep personal relationship and conviction.

We have f.i the 7 pillars of Islam.

I`m a bit of a student myself, so I tried finding what the Bible says is essential. For; in Norway; we have 3 B`s. Bible, Bønn (prayer in english) , and Brødsbrytelse (Sacred Communion) .

So to my astonishment; I found 7 deeds that all start with a B in norwegian. I considered this a miracle.

I list those here.

1. Bekjennelse/Confessing; the christian faith, or becoming christian, and confessing sins.

2. Bønn/Prayer; for yourself, countries, loved ones etc facing Jerusalem 3 times a day. Your intimate life with God. Worship either through soaking, singing, praising God in nature, or art each day.

3. Bibel/Bible. Read the Bible, and study the works, and secrets of God`s hand in creation.

4. Bud/The commandments. Meditate on them, and keep them throughout the day; it helps us having God as our first priority, first love and focus.

5. Brorsfelleskap/Fellowship. Attending church. Being with Christian friends. Bible study. Cell groups.

6. Brødsbrytelse/The sacred communion.

7. Befalingen/The Great Commision. Preach the gospel to the ends of the Earth.

What do you think of this list? And if you liked it; is there something to add?

Yours sincerely.

Soaking is a pentecostal trend. Soaking is in my definition listening to worship without singing; simply resting before the Lord like David did in the Temple. :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

#2. ‘Worship either through soaking....”

What do you mean by ‘soaking’? And where can I find that in Scripture?

HMMMMMMM,     now where have I heard that word soaking or soaking prayer.     YEAH .   good spot yowm.    GOOD EYE BALL on that one .

Sniff.................................sniff sniff  ,  this old hound dog smells trouble.   

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Just thought you were referring to that ‘Pentecostal trend’ of visiting graveyards, lying on the tombs in an attempt to ‘soak’ up the spirits of previous saints.

It does happen, (see Bethel Church) and illustrates the importance of not following trends but rather Scripture.

Nevertheless, your view seems to be a mystical new age thingy...

Question: "What is soaking prayer?"

Answer: 
Since the 1990s there has been an increased focus on mysticism within various segments of Christianity. Bordering on the esoteric, these mystical experiences broaden the division between a "factual faith" and a "felt faith," and threaten to replace sound biblical teaching with emotion-driven response. Soaking prayer is one such mystical activity. It is described as resting in God's presence. This is accomplished by playing some gentle worship songs, either sitting or lying down, and praying short, simple prayers for an extended period of time, but otherwise keeping your mind free of other thoughts. At the point when you sense God's presence through some type of manifestation like tingling skin, a sensation of heat or cold, or even a gentle wind seemingly blowing through your body, you are to just "soak" in that presence.

Although that might sound a little strange to some, it does not immediately come across as being necessarily bad. However, the rule by which we measure our experiences in life is the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and when soaking prayer is examined accordingly, we find that it comes up wanting for biblical support. Nowhere in the Bible can a model of prayer be found that soaking prayer follows.

Prayer in its simplest form in the Bible is calling on the name of the Lord (Genesis 4:26), and in each instance where it is found in Scripture, it is descriptive of communicating with God. Soaking prayer starts that way, but quickly devolves into a trance-like meditative state. This is when soaking prayer ceases to be biblical and becomes more like a New Age practice or something an adherent of Hinduism would participate in.

There is no denying that experiencing the presence of God can be powerful and life changing. It is not the goal of soaking prayer that is biblically errant; it is its methodology. Soaking prayer focuses on obtaining a spiritual experience by seeking out the presence of God through mystical exercises. In this it is similar to ”contemplative prayer” and contemplative spirituality, which are equally unbiblical. Biblical prayer is talking to God with His will in mind (1 John 5:14). A biblically praying believer already understands that God's presence is always with him (Psalm 139:7Matthew 28:201 Corinthians 6:191 Thessalonians 4:82 Timothy 1:14), and he doesn’t need to experience any type of physical sensation to prove it.

https://www.gotquestions.org/soaking-prayer.html

UH YEAH.     and this old hound dog ,  seems to remember the DREAM UPTOPIA from this one as well.

sniff , sniff.......................this aint looking good at all.    Agenda.    Their is an agenda , remember .   

3 hours ago, Thomas Eidsaa said:

Hi everyone! Does Christianity have essential deeds? No. We have salvation. While other religions grow out of deeds; never resting assured in your salvation; deeds in christianity grow out from deep personal relationship and conviction.

We have f.i the 7 pillars of Islam.

I`m a bit of a student myself, so I tried finding what the Bible says is essential. For; in Norway; we have 3 B`s. Bible, Bønn (prayer in english) , and Brødsbrytelse (Sacred Communion) .

So to my astonishment; I found 7 deeds that all start with a B in norwegian. I considered this a miracle.

I list those here.

1. Bekjennelse/Confessing; the christian faith, or becoming christian, and confessing sins.

2. Bønn/Prayer; for yourself, countries, loved ones etc facing Jerusalem 3 times a day. Your intimate life with God. Worship either through soaking, singing, praising God in nature, or art each day.

3. Bibel/Bible. Read the Bible, and study the works, and secrets of God`s hand in creation.

4. Bud/The commandments. Meditate on them, and keep them throughout the day; it helps us having God as our first priority, first love and focus.

5. Brorsfelleskap/Fellowship. Attending church. Being with Christian friends. Bible study. Cell groups.

6. Brødsbrytelse/The sacred communion.

7. Befalingen/The Great Commision. Preach the gospel to the ends of the Earth.

What do you think of this list? And if you liked it; is there something to add?

Yours sincerely.

Number eight .

BE on guard for many deicievers and false prophets have gone out into the world

appearing as men of Righteousness .

Be on guard .   

Thank you. That was indeed worthy YOWM! Praise Jesus!!! That was wonderful! God bless you!

Wow.. That`s the best I`ve ever heard.

I`ve written on soaking in a book of mine.

While the term ‘soaking’ is a new way of referring to contemplative prayer, the Bible has much to say about spending intimate time communing with God. In the Twenty-Third Psalm, King David wrote of the shepherding heart of God who leads us into green pastures and restores our soul.

There are many other Scriptures that refer to these intimate times with our Savior:

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me. Psalm 131:2

Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Psalm 4:4

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:7

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint.

Soaking in the presence of the Lord opens up the heart to Divine romance and intimacy. It allows the Lord to show His love to you and you to fall in love with Him. Much as a married couple find that their love and intimacy deepen as they spend more and more time together, so our love for the Lord grows through intimate times of fellowship with Him.

But soaking prayer can also be childlike and playful, like going to visit your best friend and just ‘hanging out’ together.

Soaking prayer is an exercise of resting in God. Jesus called this ‘abiding in Him’.

This is my view on soaking.

Now I will share some of my opinions on the matter of pentecostal trends.

Negative trends imo:

1. Happening-christianity: Where it`s a ¨thing¨, a ¨simple youth club¨, and more of a show/concert. Many seek sexual relationships.

2. Success christianity. Monetary business that sell books, and video-sessions on mental therapy, philosophy, and sociology rather than taking up your cross, and following Him (to put it bluntly).

3. Mercy-christianity with singular focus on Paulian bible-verses. Some far-out pentecostal Churches has become void of meaning if you can ¨do what you want.¨ Was Jesus sacrifice in vain???!! The gravity of sin is very real! I hope I can soon share my testimony of deliverance as to how important sacred life is.

I am sorry to tell you; we experience alot of wicca, satanism, and Luciferianism in Norway. I know the methods of the devil very well. I intend to expose him, and would love to start this as a topic here on worthy one day. The problem with all-accepting super-mercy pentecostal soaking services is that: that spiritual experience you feel might not be from God! We`ve had problems at our prayer-house with disguised satanists, but we`ve managed to reed most of them out. Halleluja. Praise Jesus.

If anyone want to debate, emphasize, or add to my opinion; please feel free. :)

I`m sick today - cough -  at a non-denominational prayer-house seeking the Lord. Im on my way. Im not where you are yet Yowm. Gosh. I love, and admire pillars of faith such as you.

Edited by Thomas Eidsaa
Reference to question

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

No,  "soaking" might have 'innocent' connotations for those who are pure in heart and not caught up in current movements the last 100 years , 

but it has basically , likely,  shown to be a new age concept that goes along with other new age ('modern' religion outside of Scripture and opposed to Scripture) concepts and practices (like UNholy laughter ?  I don't remember if there is a connection) ...

Even the terms "contemplative prayer" as used by the new world order, and the one world church(es),  is ungodly! seeking the destruction of many multitudes of souls ,  seeking to prevent little ones who are seeking YHVH'S KINGDOM from finding it !

Any who are pure in heart and unaware of the so-called "deep things" of hasatan ought simply hold fast and faithfully to the Name of Jesus as they have already,  and be not led astray by recent deceptions no matter how powerful ....

As written,  "Little children,  keep yourselves from idols."

• Praise God! 1