IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Joseph Interprets Pharaoh's Dreams

25Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same. God has revealed to Pharaoh what He is about to do. 26The seven good cows are seven years, and the seven ripe heads of grain are seven years. The dreams have the same meaning. 27Moreover, the seven thin, ugly cows that came up after them are seven years, and so are the seven worthless heads of grain scorched by the east wind—they are seven years of famine.

28It is just as I said to Pharaoh: God has shown Pharaoh what He is about to do. 29Behold, seven years of great abundance are coming throughout the land of Egypt, 30but seven years of famine will follow them. Then all the abundance in the land of Egypt will be forgotten and the famine will devastate the land.31The abundance in the land will not be remembered, since the famine that follows it will be so severe.

32Moreover, on the basis of the dream being given to Pharaoh in two versions, the matter has been decreed by God, and He will carry it out shortly.

33Now therefore, Pharaoh should look for a discerning and wise man and set him over the land of Egypt. 34Let Pharaoh take action and appoint commissioners over the land to take a fifth of its harvest during the seven years of abundance. 35Under the authority of Pharaoh, let them collect all the excess food from these good years, that they may come and lay up the grain to be preserved as food in the cities. 36This food will be a reserve for the land during the seven years of famine to come upon the land of Egypt. Then the country will not perish in the famine.”

(Genesis 41:25-36)

Edited by turtletwo
  • Praise God! 2

Joseph Given Charge of Egypt

37This proposal pleased Pharaoh and all his officials. 38So Pharaoh asked them, “Can we find anyone like this man, in whom the Spirit of Goda abides?”

39Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40You shall be in charge of my house, and all my people are to obey your commands. Only with regard to the throne will I be greater than you.”

41Pharaoh also told Joseph, “I hereby place you over all the land of Egypt.”42Then Pharaoh removed the signet ring from his finger, put it on Joseph’s finger, clothed him in garments of fine linen, and placed a gold chain around his neck. 43He had Joseph ride in his second chariot, with men calling out before him, “Bow the knee!”b So he placed him over all the land of Egypt.

44And Pharaoh declared to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, but without your permission, no one in all the land of Egypt shall lift his hand or foot.”

45Pharaoh gave Joseph the name Zaphenath-Paneah, and he gave him Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On,c to be his wife. And Joseph took charge over all the land of Egypt.

• Praise God! 2

The Seven Years of Plenty

46Now Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph left Pharaoh’s presence and traveled throughout the land of Egypt.

47During the seven years of abundance, the land brought forth bountifully.48During those seven years, Joseph collected all the excess food in the land of Egypt and stored it in the cities. In every city he laid up the food from the fields around it. 49So Joseph stored up grain in such abundance, like the sand of the sea, that he stopped keeping track of it; for it was beyond measure.

50Before the years of famine arrived, two sons were born to Joseph by Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On. 51Joseph named the firstborn Manasseh,dsaying, “God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father’s household.” 52And the second son he named Ephraim,e saying, “God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction.”

• Praise God! 2

The Famine Begins

53When the seven years of abundance in Egypt came to an end, 54the seven years of famine began, just as Joseph had said. And although there was famine in every country, there was food throughout the land of Egypt. 55When extreme hunger came to all the land of Egypt and the people cried out to Pharaoh for food, he told all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph and do whatever he tells you.”

56When the famine had spread over all the land, Joseph opened up all the storehouses and sold grain to the Egyptians; for the famine was severe in the land of Egypt. 57And every nation came to Joseph in Egypt to buy grain, because the famine was severe over all the earth.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, turtletwo said:

The Famine Begins

53When the seven years of abundance in Egypt came to an end, 54the seven years of famine began, just as Joseph had said. And although there was famine in every country, there was food throughout the land of Egypt. 55When extreme hunger came to all the land of Egypt and the people cried out to Pharaoh for food, he told all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph and do whatever he tells you.”

56When the famine had spread over all the land, Joseph opened up all the storehouses and sold grain to the Egyptians; for the famine was severe in the land of Egypt. 57And every nation came to Joseph in Egypt to buy grain, because the famine was severe over all the earth.

You are loved dear sister .   Thanks for the reminders .   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

'And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, 
.. and in the eyes of all his servants.
.... And Pharaoh said unto his servants, 
...... "Can we find such a one as this is
........ a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
"
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, 
.. "Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, 
.... there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
...... Thou shalt be over my house, 
........ and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: 
.......... only in the throne will I be greater than thou."

.. "See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt."
And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, 
.. and put it upon Joseph's hand, 
.... and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, 
...... and put a gold chain about his neck;
........ And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; 
.......... and they cried before him, "Bow the knee": 
............ and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
.. "I am Pharaoh, and without thee 
.... shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt
.'
And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah
.. and he gave him to wife Asenath 
.... the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. 
And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt.
.. And Joseph was thirty years old 
.... when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. 
...... Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, 
........ and went throughout all the land of Egypt.'

(Gen 41:37-46) 

Praise God!

'And Jesus Himself began to be about thirty years of age,' (Luk 3:23)

* Zaphnathpaaneah:  Jerome says this name signified in Egyptian, Savatorem mundi, "the Saviour of the world;" The 'world' to Pharoah, being Egypt, of which Joseph could clearly have been considered it's Saviour in that day.

Edited by Christine
  • Praise God! 2

Dear sisters and brother: Sorry for posting anything here other than scripture, but I am confused again as to where to start posting after double posting, so I will bow out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part. God's blessings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, In Him said:

Dear sisters and brother: Sorry for posting anything here other than scripture, but I am confused again as to where to start posting after double posting, so I will bow out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part. God's blessings.

Hi In Him, all we do is post 1 Bible book at the time and we take turns posting a verse :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Genesis 41:46-50

46 Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from Pharaoh’s presence and traveled throughout Egypt. 47 During the seven years of abundance the land produced plentifully. 48 Joseph collected all the food produced in those seven years of abundance in Egypt and stored it in the cities. In each city he put the food grown in the fields surrounding it. 49 Joseph stored up huge quantities of grain, like the sand of the sea; it was so much that he stopped keeping records because it was beyond measure.

50 Before the years of famine came, two sons were born to Joseph by Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On.

• Praise God! 3

Genesis 41:50-52 New International Version (NIV)

50 Before the years of famine came, two sons were born to Joseph by Asenath daughter of Potiphera, priest of On. 51 Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh[a] and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.” 52 The second son he named Ephraim and said, “It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”

Potipherah /pɒˈtɪfərə/ was a priest of the Ancient Egyptian town of On, mentioned in the Genesis 41:45 and 41:50. He was the father of Asenath, who was given to Joseph as his wife by Pharaoh, (41:45) and who bore Joseph two sons: Manasseh and Ephraim. His name means "he whom Ra has given".

"Ra"god is the son god.

• Praise God! 3