IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

'And the seven years of plenteousness, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.
.. And the seven years of dearth began to come, according as Joseph had said: 
.... and the dearth was in all lands; but in all the land of Egypt there was bread.
...... And when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread: 
........ and Pharaoh said unto all the Egyptians, "Go unto Joseph; what he saith to you, do."
.......... And the famine was over all the face of the earth: 
............ And Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold unto the Egyptians; 
.............. and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt.
................ And all countries came into Egypt to Joseph for to buy corn; because that the famine was so sore in all lands.'

(Gen 41:53-57)  

Praise God! - A mighty God and a Saviour.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

'Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, 
Jacob said unto his sons, 
.. "Why do ye look one upon another?"
And he said, 
.. "Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: 
.... get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; 
...... that we may live, and not die."

And Joseph's ten brethren went down to buy corn in Egypt.
.. But Benjamin, Joseph's brother, Jacob sent not with his brethren;
.... for he said, "Lest peradventure mischief befall him."'

(Genesis 42:1-4) 

Praise God!

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

45And the sons of Israel came to buy corn among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

6And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.

7And Joseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but made himself strange unto them, and spake roughly unto them; and he said unto them, Whence come ye? And they said, From the land of Canaan to buy food.

8And Joseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him.

9And Joseph remembered the dreams which he dreamed of them, and said unto them, Ye are spies; to see the nakedness of the land ye are come.

10And they said unto him, Nay, my lord, but to buy food are thy servants come.

11We are all one man's sons; we are true men, thy servants are no spies.

12And he said unto them, Nay, but to see the nakedness of the land ye are come.

13And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not.

14And Joseph said unto them, That is it that I spake unto you, saying, Ye are spies:

15Hereby ye shall be proved: By the life of Pharaoh ye shall not go forth hence, except your youngest brother come hither.Gen.42 :5-15

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, In Him said:

Dear sisters and brother: Sorry for posting anything here other than scripture, but I am confused again as to where to start posting after double posting, so I will bow out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part. God's blessings.

No bowing out sister .   I am greatly joyed when I see your posts .    one of the few places left where the center is all about the LORD .  You keep on posting sister .

I get such a great joy from it .    You are truly and dearly loved my dear sister .   

• Praise God! 1

Send one of you,

and let him fetch your brother,

and ye shall be kept in prison,

that your words may be proved,

whether there be any truth in you:

or else by the life of Pharaoh surely ye are spies.

And he put them all together into ward three days.

And Joseph said unto them the third day,

This do, and live;

for I fear God:

If ye be true men,

let one of your brethren be bound in the house of your prison:

go ye, carry corn for the famine of your houses:

But bring your youngest brother unto me;

so shall your words be verified,

and ye shall not die.

And they did so. Genesis 42:16-20

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Genesis 42:20-38 

20 and bring your youngest brother to me. So your words will be verified, and you shall not die.” And they did so. 21 Then they said to one another, “In truth we are guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the distress of his soul, when he begged us and we did not listen. That is why this distress has come upon us.” 22 And Reuben answered them, “Did I not tell you not to sin against the boy? But you did not listen. So now there comes a reckoning for his blood.”23 They did not know that Joseph understood them, for there was an interpreter between them. 24 Then he turned away from them and wept. And he returned to them and spoke to them. And he took Simeon from them and bound him before their eyes. 25 And Joseph gave orders to fill their bags with grain, and to replace every man's money in his sack, and to give them provisions for the journey. This was done for them.

26 Then they loaded their donkeys with their grain and departed.27 And as one of them opened his sack to give his donkey fodder at the lodging place, he saw his money in the mouth of his sack. 28 He said to his brothers, “My money has been put back; here it is in the mouth of my sack!” At this their hearts failed them, and they turned trembling to one another, saying, “What is this that God has done to us?”

29 When they came to Jacob their father in the land of Canaan, they told him all that had happened to them, saying, 30 “The man, the lord of the land, spoke roughly to us and took us to be spies of the land. 31 But we said to him, ‘We are honest men; we have never been spies. 32 We are twelve brothers, sons of our father. One is no more, and the youngest is this day with our father in the land of Canaan.’ 33 Then the man, the lord of the land, said to us, ‘By this I shall know that you are honest men: leave one of your brothers with me, and take grain for the famine of your households, and go your way. 34 Bring your youngest brother to me. Then I shall know that you are not spies but honest men, and I will deliver your brother to you, and you shall trade in the land.’”

35 As they emptied their sacks, behold, every man's bundle of money was in his sack. And when they and their father saw their bundles of money, they were afraid. 36 And Jacob their father said to them, “You have bereaved me of my children: Joseph is no more, and Simeon is no more, and now you would take Benjamin. All this has come against me.” 37 Then Reuben said to his father, “Kill my two sons if I do not bring him back to you. Put him in my hands, and I will bring him back to you.” 38 But he said, “My son shall not go down with you, for his brother is dead, and he is the only one left. If harm should happen to him on the journey that you are to make, you would bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to Sheol.”

• Praise God! 2

Joseph's Brothers Return to Egypt

And the famine was sore in the land.

And it came to pass,

when they had eaten up the corn

which they had brought out of Egypt,

their father said unto them,

Go again, buy us a little food.

And Judah spake unto him, saying,

The man did solemnly protest unto us, saying,

Ye shall not see my face,

except your brother be with you.

If thou wilt send our brother with us,

we will go down and buy thee food:

But if thou wilt not send him,

we will not go down:

for the man said unto us,

Ye shall not see my face,

except your brother be with you.

Genesis 43:1-5

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Genesis 43:6 And Israel said, Why were you so cruel to me as to say to him that you had a brother? 
7 And they said, The man put a number of questions to us about ourselves and our family, saying, Is your father still living? have you another brother? And we had to give him answers; how were we to have any idea that he would say, Come back with your brother? 
8 Then Judah said to Israel, his father, Send the boy with me, and let us be up and going, so that we and you and our little ones may not come to destruction. 
9 Put him into my care and make me responsible for him: if I do not give him safely back to you, let mine be the sin for ever. 
10 Truly, if we had not let the time go by, we might have come back again by now.
11 Then their father Israel said to them, If it has to be so, then do this: take of the best fruits of the land in your vessels to give the man, perfumes and honey and spices and nuts: 
12 And take twice as much money with you; that is to say, take back the money which was put in your bags, for it may have been an error; 
13 And take your brother and go back to the man: 
14 And may God, the Ruler of all, give you mercy before the man, so that he may give you back your other brother and Benjamin. If my children are to be taken from me; there is no help for it. 
  • Praise God! 1

On 12/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, In Him said:

Dear sisters and brother: Sorry for posting anything here other than scripture, but I am confused again as to where to start posting after double posting, so I will bow out.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part. God's blessings.

@In Him :) Praise the Lord! Thanks for not bowing out, sister. It's a blessing to see you posting scripture again. You do a nice job here. @Christine @angels4u The same is true of both of you. @frienduff thaylorde I haven't forgotten you, brother. :D 

I just wanted to express my appreciation that I can be in this faithful little clan here and encourage you that you are all :thumbsup: doing a good job.

• Praise God! 1

Genesis 43:15-23 

So the men took that present and Benjamin, and they took double money in their hand, and arose and went down to Egypt; and they stood before Joseph.

When Joseph saw Benjamin with them, he said to the steward of his house, “Take these men to my home, and slaughter an animal and make ready; for these men will dine with me at noon.”

Then the man did as Joseph ordered, and the man brought the men into Joseph’s house.

Now the men were afraid because they were brought into Joseph’s house; and they said, “It is because of the money, which was returned in our sacks the first time, that we are brought in, so that he may make a case against us and seize us, to take us as slaves with our donkeys.”

When they drew near to the steward of Joseph’s house, they talked with him at the door of the house, and said, “O sir, we indeed came down the first time to buy food; but it happened, when we came to the encampment, that we opened our sacks, and there, each man’s money was in the mouth of his sack, our money in full weight; so we have brought it back in our hand.

And we have brought down other money in our hands to buy food. We do not know who put our money in our sacks.”

But he said, “Peace be with you, do not be afraid. Your God and the God of your father has given you treasure in your sacks; I had your money.” Then he brought Simeon out to them.

• Praise God! 2