IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith,

and the ark of the testimony,

And the table and all his vessels,

and the candlestick and his vessels,

and the altar of incense,

And the altar of burnt offering with all his vessels,

and the laver and his foot.

And thou shalt sanctify them,

that they may be most holy:

whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy.

And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons,

and consecrate them,

that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.

Exodus 30:26-30

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

* Thank you, '@In Him', for your comment concerning the laver.  x

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

10 hours ago, Christine said:

* Thank you, '@In Him', for your comment concerning the laver.  x

@In Him :amen: to what Christine said. I was also blessed by you sharing the OT foreshadowing and the tie-in with those wonderful scriptures in Ephesians and Titus. 

It's so exciting how we can discover in Exodus the fulfillment of these things in Christ! The earthly/physical  laws/rituals that God carefully set up in the time of Moses... These culminated through and in His only begotten Son...our Savior and Messiah. Praise the Lord! :emot-heartbeat:

• Praise God! 3

And you shall say to the people of Israel, 'This shall be my holy anointing oil throughout your generations. It shall not be poured on the body of an ordinary person, and you shall make no other like it in composition. It is holy, and it shall be holy to you. Whoever compounds any like it or whoever puts any of it on an outsider shall be cut off from his people.'"

(Exodus 30:31-33)

• Praise God! 2

The Lord said to Moses, "Take sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum, sweet spices with pure frankincense (of each shall there be an equal part), and make an incense blended as by the perfumer, seasoned with salt, pure and holy. You shall beat some of it very small, and put part of it before the testimony in the tent of meeting where I shall meet with you. It shall be most holy for you.

(Exodus 30:34-36)

• Praise God! 2

"And the incense that you shall make according to its composition, you shall not make for yourselves. *It shall be for you holy to the Lord. Whoever makes any like it to use as perfume shall be cut off from his people."

I thought Adam Clarke's Commentary on this was interesting.

*From all this we may learn how careful the Divine Being is to preserve his own worship and his own truth, so as to prevent them from being adulterated by human inventions; for he will save men in his own way, and upon his own terms. What are called human inventions in matters of religion, are not only of no worth, but are in general deceptive and ruinous. Arts and sciences in a certain way may be called inventions of men, for the spirit of a man knoweth the things of a man - can comprehend, plan, and execute, under the general influence of God, every thing in which human life is immediately concerned; but religion, as it is the gift, so it is the invention, of God: its doctrines and its ceremonies proceed from his wisdom and goodness, for he alone could devise the plan by which the human race may be restored to his favor and image, and taught to worship him in spirit and in truth. And that worship which himself has prescribed, we may rest assured, will be most pleasing in his sight. Nadab and Abihu offered strange fire before the Lord; and their destruction by the fire of Jehovah is recorded as a lasting warning to all presumptuous worshippers, and to all who attempt to model his religion, according to their own caprice, and to minister in sacred things without that authority which proceeds from himself alone. The imposition of hands whether of pope, cardinal, or bishop can avail nothing here. The call and unction of God alone can qualify the minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Except Nadab and Abihu HAD authority in line with Yahweh's authority to minister in sacred things.

NO ONE was permitted to touch the ARK as they did though - that was not "ministering in sacred things", but was disobedience.

ANY ONE who touched the ARK as they did would have been slain the same way,   and

any one who has authority to minister in (so-called) sacred things may die from disobedience also.

Note that to the Hebrews,  everything was 'holy', every part of life was owned by , subject to, belonging to Yahweh,  even their whole body, mind, soul and spirit as well as the land and all the things they were stewards of.  Their lives were not separated into so-called 'secular' and holy.  They were told they all, every day,  must be holy**, all of them, because their heavenly father is holy**.

**(meaning different from the world,  "set apart" from the world,  not the same as the world)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 Kings 4:8-17

8 Now there came a day when Elisha passed over to Shunem, where there was a prominent woman, and she persuaded him to eat food. And so it was, as often as he passed by, he turned in there to eat food. 9 And she said to her husband, "Behold now, I perceive that this is a holy man of God passing by us continually. 10 Please, let us make a little walled upper chamber and let us set a bed for him there, and a table and a chair and a lampstand; and it shall be, when he comes to us, that he can turn in there." 11 One day he came there and turned in to the upper chamber and rested. 12 Then he said to Gehazi his servant, "Call this Shunammite." And when he had called her, she stood before him. 13 And he said to him, "Say now to her, 'Behold, you have been careful for us with all this care; what can I do for you? Would you be spoken for to the king or to the captain of the army?'" And she answered, "I live among my own people." 14 So he said, "What then is to be done for her?" And Gehazi answered, "Truly she has no son and her husband is old." 15 And he said, "Call her." When he had called her, she stood in the doorway. 16 Then he said, "At this season next year you shall embrace a son." And she said, "No, my lord, O man of God, do not lie to your maidservant." 17 And the woman conceived and bore a son at that season the next year, as Elisha had said to her. 
NASB

• Praise God! 2

Oholiab and Bezalel

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

"See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri,

the son of Hur,

of the tribe of Judah:

And I have filled him with the spirit of God,

in wisdom,

and in understanding,

and in knowledge,

and in all manner of workmanship,