IGNORED

what is portion of our attitude that thinks of Israel?

lokp

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

what is portion of our attitude that thinks of Israel? we aim to have a Christ-like attitiude, AND He weep over Jerusalem, for her to receive Salvation...that must be the answer?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

For Jerusalem that now is , is still in bondage with her children but the Jerusalem which is above IS FREE , mother to all beleivers both jew and gentile.

YEAH if we love them,  we would preach and teach  , HEY JESUS ONLY SAVES and not be as these false men of belial who try and teach some other plan of salvation .

WEEP people , weep for all whether jew or gentile who reject Christ will be damned.   thus preach JESUS only saves OR you can say ONLY JESUS SAVES

the order matters not the message is the same .

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

now I understand your lingo bro!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Pray for the peace of Israel is not a "portion of thought" but is a core within all prayer thinking reading and application of God's precepts and directive for living;  history, prophecy including that which is yet to unfold, and is central to all understanding of God's word the Bible.

Without the core there is no substance to Christ Jesus His gospel nor faith and  hope in Him as Lord God and savior for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Pray for the peace of Israel is not a "portion of thought" but is a core within all;  history, prophecy including that which is yet to unfold, and is central to all understanding of God's word the Bible.

but what is the message of THIS PEACE.    TIS THE GOSPLE OF CHRIST ONLY SAVES for only that , only HE can reconcile a man whether jew or gentile to God.

its so sad neighbor , just so sad that many no longer even try to give th gospel to the jews.   

I mean its a tragedy.   a upmost abomination if truth be told .  I MEAN THE CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF told them ,  NO ME ,  NO LIFE . 

For if you believe not that I AM HE ,  you DIE IN YOUR SINS.     man I feel so heavy for so many right now .   

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We have hope for Her as the Scriptures foretell Her restoration and future blessings, we are to pray for her safety, peace and salvation.

And as YOWM clearly KNOWS this hope aint this big world peace lie cumbia interfaith dream either .    Yowm shuns that false peace back to the pits.

Be blessed yowm.     Man I knew you had it in ya to warn out about this,  even if it is my fingers doing the typing I know you know its false .  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Psalm 122:1-8 The Voice (VOICE)

Psalm 122

A song [of David][a] for those journeying to worship.

This is a Davidic psalm celebrating the grandeur and significance of Jerusalem and its temple. It is ironic that Jerusalem means “city of peace” since more battles have been fought over it than over any other city.

I was so happy when my fellow pilgrims said,
    “Let’s go to the house of the Eternal!”
We have made the journey, and now we are standing
    within your gates, O Jerusalem.

Jerusalem! What a magnificent city!
    Buildings so close together, so compact.
God’s people belong here. Every tribe of the Eternal
    makes its way to Jerusalem
Just as God decreed for Israel
    to come together and give thanks to the Eternal.
In Jerusalem, justice is the order of the day because there sit the judges
    and kings, the descendants of David.

Ask heaven to grant peace to Jerusalem:
    “May those who love you prosper.
O Jerusalem, may His peace fill this entire city!
    May this citadel be quiet and at ease!”
It’s because of people—my family, friends, and acquaintances
    that I say, “May peace permeate you.”

Footnotes:

1. 122:title Some manuscripts omit this portion.
The Voice (VOICE)

The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

=================================
Psalm 122:1-8 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

122 (0) A song of ascents. By David:

(1)I was glad when they said to me,
“The house of Adonai! Let’s go!”

2 Our feet were already standing
at your gates, Yerushalayim.

3 Yerushalayim, built as a city
fostering friendship and unity.

4 The tribes have gone up there, the tribes of Adonai,
as a witness to Isra’el,
to give thanks to the name of Adonai.
5 For there the thrones of justice were set up,
the thrones of the house of David.

6 Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim;
may those who love you prosper.
7 May shalom be within your ramparts,
prosperity in your palaces.

8 For the sake of my family and friends, I say,
“Shalom be within you!”
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

=================================================

Psalm 122:1-8 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
Psalm 122
A Song of [a]Ascents. Of David.

1 I was glad when they said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord!

2 Our feet are standing within your gates, O Jerusalem!—

3 Jerusalem, which is built as a city that is compacted together—

4 To which the tribes go up, even the tribes of the Lord, as was decreed and as a testimony for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord.

5 For there the thrones of judgment were set, the thrones of the house of David.

6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they prosper who love you [the Holy City]!

7 May peace be within your walls and prosperity within your palaces!

8 For my brethren and companions’ sake, I will now say, Peace be within you!
Footnotes:

Psalm 122:1 See Psalm 120 title footnote.

================================================

Psalm 122:1-8 New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 122
A song of ascents. Of David.

I rejoiced with those who said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Our feet are standing
    in your gates, Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is built like a city
    that is closely compacted together.
That is where the tribes go up—
    the tribes of the Lord—
to praise the name of the Lord
    according to the statute given to Israel.
There stand the thrones for judgment,
    the thrones of the house of David.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
    “May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
    and security within your citadels.”
For the sake of my family and friends,
    I will say, “Peace be within you.”

38 minutes ago, lokp said:

what is portion of our attitude that thinks of Israel? we aim to have a Christ-like attitiude, AND He weep over Jerusalem, for her to receive Salvation...that must be the answer?

Just now, Yowm said:

Right, it is the return of their TRUE MESSIAH.

but the anti messiah will first rise  , as you know .    and as JESUS told the jews,   

and made all hear the message,  IF ya aint in JESUS the day HE RETURNS.....................OH DEAR that wont bode well for any ,whether jew or gentile.

As you already know  .  be blessed yowm .

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Pray for the peace of Israel is not a "portion of thought" but is a core within all prayer thinking reading and application of God's precepts and directive for living;  history, prophecy including that which is yet to unfold, and is central to all understanding of God's word the Bible.

Without the core there is no substance to Christ Jesus His gospel nor faith and  hope in Him as Lord God and savior for me. 

bro, do u honestly do this in your quiet times?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi lokp,

This is my quiet time, and yes.

There is absolutely no value to that which is called the New Testament, without the Old Testament. The entirety of the Bible reveals my Lord Jesus. There is no basis  for Jesus who is God without Israel.

Pray for the peace of Israel is not a casual  complimentary close. It is fervent prayer.

As background; this once dogmatic atheist  was turned about aburptly and harshly by the Holy Spirit and has spent time learning  of the faith of Jesus.

I have spent under the instructions of Zola Levitt and his ministries, did ZLM's old testament studies ( derived from a Ryrie course), spent a limited amount of time with Zola in the year before his death.

I have been associated with a Christian School that  each winter does a Jerusalem Market Place place as it's Christmas season welcome to the community, and shares of it's students learning of Israel and Hebrew language. I also arranged for Zola to speak there at that  market as well as make his " Israel: Whose Land Is It Anyway?" presentation to my own local body  of Christ. 

I have suffered greatly, failing all effort to learn Hebrew.

My pastor of over twenty years is Jewish. I have had great privilege of having two Greek scholars from a local Christian College and two Jewish scholars too with national ministies to The Greek and the Jewish communities encourage me at that local body. 

My bride has been to Israel. I have only been to the local Holy Land Experience to study the great and I mean really great model of the old Jerusalem city.

Everything I read of the new testament I search out for the basis of it  within the Old Testament. I do think of the Bible Jesus read, as I read and of the city Jerusalem, as well as the nation Israel. I have studied the calendars, the feasts, the geography, even the great pyramid, etc. I try to put flesh to the bones of the word of God. I ask the Holy Spirit for enlightenment each day as I do.

Within touch of my hand behind me at this moment are my Bibles, my commentaries, dictionaries, calendars,  and my favorite Bible  The American Standard 1901 on which I have on the cover the grafted in symbol of the menorah the star of David and the fish ( which, please forgive my humor, I call  the holy dingle dongle.) See https://store.levitt.com/GID .  And, also in reach behind me is the Flag of Israel a gift from Zola. ( He was always kind to  share of one as he visited people and spoke.)  I keep and cherish it for the memories it brings me, along with the card of thanks from Zola and Sandra from their kind and extended visit here all in sight behind me and there as I turn to get reference material.

I cherish memory of just being out playing a round of easy paced golf with Zola. He was such a fine encouraging joyous saint. Though I knew him for only a vey short period of time, I miss him still today, and refer to his writings very often especially online and in his books.

I see in my minds eye Zola's  presentation to our local congrgation of the blessing from God and the words in Hebrew with expanation following in  English- with his hands making a triangle with thumbs and index fingers together looking over us through the hole tey formed as though God would look a triangle seeing all and blessing us.  It's a blessing in the name of God the triune God.

Am I knowledgeable or even  a scholar? No, no, and no! I am very slow, painfully so, to learn and have a hard time retaining what I do get to understand. I am a layman given the gift of helps that put it into service for the past 20 years of my life until hurt recently and finding at age 74 it was time to stop and let my body heal from the many  injuries and pains acquired.

I do not share of this, never have before anyway, but since you asked, and I am in a remembrance mode and  mood, at peace,  thinking of Israel and whether I can make the journey there even now; I choose to risk sharing and being though a bit of a chattering fool, all for the potential that it may  show that even a slow person, a bit  of a laggard, can be of service to His creator trying to do all things done, to the Glory of God.For which I believe one must have Israel as the core of learning and the basis upon which to anchor and the build  on the faith of Jesus my Lord. I guess I am safe from that worry as this post is  too long for even me to bother reading- ha!

Take care, be blessed. Pray for the peace of israel.

• Loved it! 1