• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Keras said:

The 'action' I refer to, is the well prophesied event of the Lord's Day of wrath; the Sixth Seal.  A worldwide disaster in the magnitude of Noah's Flood. 

Jesus said the world would be 'as in the days of Noah' and He would correct this situation, as He did before - with water then, next time with fire. It will be our great test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12, will we stand strong, calling out to the Lord for His protection, Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, or will we renounce God for not doing what we expected? [the false 'rapture to heaven' idea] 

Amen !  (it is and has been as in the days of Noah,  and/or growing more like it daily for centuries)

The false teachings/teachers and false gospel promoters  far far outnumber the true teachers faithful to JESUS.

More and more people we see and hear and hear about are going willingly down the wide path to destruction .... and

it seems no one is able to change their doing so as long as they won't repent. 

"JESUS SAID"  never changes - HIS WORD never changes to suit people.... yet they keep claiming He doesn't say what He says.... they keep denying God's Word,  to their loss, perhaps eternal loss,  and shame..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

To SimpleJeff:

Hmmm.... your comment "the opposite will also be true, that the church, or at least those who are faithful and looking for His coming (not beating their servants etc) will be becoming more Christlike. Thus the divide between the sheep and goats will continue to widen. This will be evident even within our churches. " has me thinking even the more.

Noting who is acting more Christlike  versus who is not is another indication of the end times. (An even then, the demarcation might not be truly clear. What is the scripture in the Gospels that speaks of two walking together and one will be left behind?)

How serious/diligent we must be in our walk with the Lord.

Thanks to all, I obviously need to keep reading, thinking, and asking the Master for understanding: :-)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The best provable way is to get a current newspaper, sit down and turn the TV on to the Fox news channel. Start reading the newspaper and listening to the news about current events, politics, wars and rumors of wars. After ascertaining what in the world is going on, reach over and grab your Bible, then read Chapter 24:of Matthew in your Bible, then Ezekiel 38: and 39:. It doesn't take long to read those three chapters. 

After doing the above, if that doesn't make you fully entrenched that we are living in the very last days, I don't know what more to offer, other than many books written on the subject.

Personally speaking, I have biblical confidence in a website that can answer almost all of your questions and is sound doctrine in my opinion. It's gotquestions.org

If you have the time, read Jeremiah :49 and Isaiah 17: for more future events I believe may transpire in our lifetime. These are exciting times for those who love and know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

38 minutes ago, Debra1993 said:

Thanks to all, I obviously need to keep reading, thinking, and asking the Master for understanding: :-)

Absolutely! Pray and ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom, guidance and understanding. There are hundreds of topics and scriptures even the best biblical minds differ and disagree on. Our Bible is no one's private interpretation, and it takes the Lord to revel His word to us. We are now seeing how prophecy is unfolding almost daily now, everything is lining up according to scripture. Even twenty-five years ago, no one could have even imagined how biblical prophecies would unfold. Prophecy is given not that we can predict the future, but not to leave us ignorant of the times we live, and to prove the Lord knows the end from the beginning, and that God is, who He says He is. 

No other book or religion can make this claim. All prophecies have been fulfilled 100% accurate, 100% of the time. There are roughly 2,000 prophecies in the Bible, roughly 1.500 have been fulfilled, and about 500 more remaining, that will come about in very rapid succession. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/18/2018 at 1:38 AM, OneLight said:

Read these verses and then take a close look at the society you live in and measure how close we are.

2 Timothy 3:1-5a

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Dont need to look to society to see this...this is a description of the church. I see some of these characteristics among us on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

Dont need to look to society to see this...this is a description of the church. I see some of these characteristics among us on this forum.

This forum is society, basically.  No restriction on joining  from the whole world, any religion.

Yet even in the early first century ekklesia assemblies,  "many anti-christs" already among them, as written in God's Word.  There are prophecies as noted about society and the church and about ekklesia TODAY in God's Word, and every Word of God is Perfectly Fulfilled exactly as written.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

On 2/16/2018 at 8:43 PM, simplejeff said:

For starters, simply search biblegateway for "end times" see what is written in the Bible directliy.  The Apostles and disciples all believed, and they many were taught directly by Jesus while He was on earth in His ministry with them,

they all believed Jesus was going to return soon, in their lifetime. They rightly believed, and it is written, they lived in the end times.

Timelines and so on are readily available on the internet , from many groups and many different churches,

and most likely many false or deceptive purposes (as you will see on this forum also, by visitors at times) , and as is declared by Jesus and in Scripture.

simplejeff, it is true that the apostles called the days they were living in the last days (Acts 2:17; Heb 1:2). However, it is not true that they all thought that Jesus would return in their lifetime. This can be seen in Jesus' words to Peter as recorded at the end of the book of John. There, Jesus told Peter how he would die. He said he would die as a martyr in his old age (John 21:18-19). Therefore we may safely conclude that Peter neither believed nor taught the any moment return of Christ in his life time.

The Holy Scriptures present watchful expectancy for Christ's return not anymomentism (imminency). We see similar prophetic statements concerning Paul (Acts 9:15-16; 21:11; 23:11; 2Tim 4:6-8) and John (Rev 10:11) that make it impossible for them to have thought or taught anymomentism either. If you will look carefully at each verse that is supposed to teach imminency you will find that not a single one of them says that Jesus could come at any moment and rapture His church. He will come, and we are watching for Him, but it will not be at any moment. It only becomes imminent when there has been a falling away (a discernible great departure from the faith), the man of sin has been revealed (the Beast standing in the temple demanding to be worshiped as God) (2Thes 2:3), and the great cosmic sign, of the sun, moon, and stars being darkened (Joel 2:31; Matt 24:29; Isa 13:6-11; 2:19-21; Rev 6:12-17), has happened.

Luk 21:25  And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26  Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:27  And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Did I just make up a new word? Which do you like better anymomentism or imminency? Remember they have no value until those events take place

All praise, honour, and glory be unto the Lord Jesus Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

We live in a day of travel and transportation like no other time in history. Mankind's knowledge base is doubling about every 2 years. It sounds like we are in the time of the end by this standard.

Hallelujah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Here is example of how change is coming. Back when I was in school gay marriages was unheard of. Now it's legal. You don't know if your a boy or girl. (Transgender) really !!! Fighting over a bathroom or dressing room. Middle east problem with Isareal. I'm afraid of changes that's coming.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, Debra1993 said:

I hear from time to time that the end times are upon us! I do believe that, for the most part, the times are becoming more evil. But I would like more scripture upon which to base this notion. Any suggestions? A timeline or website to view would be better, if you have something to share.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden against Damascus.

“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is progressively becoming a ruinous heap as we sit here perusing these forums. Bombings of its rebel-held suburbs, with return mortar fire into the center of the city, has been taking place the last couple of days. The city has not been obliterated yet, but it's getting closer. The demise of ISIS in Syria has only made that land even more dangerous to human life and property.

If you read the rest of Isaiah 17, you will see that this is indeed an End Time prophecy, therefore the events in Syria are something to watch as closely as a canary in a coal mine .

• Thumbs Up 2