Debra1993

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I hear from time to time that the end times are upon us! I do believe that, for the most part, the times are becoming more evil. But I would like more scripture upon which to base this notion. Any suggestions? A timeline or website to view would be better, if you have something to share.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

10 minutes ago, Debra1993 said:

I hear from time to time that the end times are upon us! I do believe that, for the most part, the times are becoming more evil. But I would like more scripture upon which to base this notion. Any suggestions? A timeline or website to view would be better, if you have something to share.

The end times began long ago:

Acts 2:14-17

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Debra1993 said:

For starters, simply search biblegateway for "end times" see what is written in the Bible directliy.  The Apostles and disciples all believed, and they many were taught directly by Jesus while He was on earth in His ministry with them,

they all believed Jesus was going to return soon, in their lifetime. They rightly believed, and it is written, they lived in the end times.

Timelines and so on are readily available on the internet , from many groups and many different churches,

and most likely many false or deceptive purposes (as you will see on this forum also, by visitors at times) , and as is declared by Jesus and in Scripture.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, Debra1993 said:

I have put together some booklets, one of which is a timeline/chronology, that are available at this website  if you're interested.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

We can expect the world to become more evil, that indeed is an important sign..."as in the days of Noah etc"...however, the opposite will also be true, that the church, or at least those who are faithful and looking for His coming (not beating their servants etc) will be becoming more Christlike. Thus the divide between the sheep and goats will continue to widen. This will be evident even within our churches. Within families. It will climax in war between the two. "Ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake".  However,  you will see the global political landscape developing into a paradigm of two opposing camps both claiming God's blessing and approval, a war between brothers (as Cain and Abel did) , and the ONLY way of knowing what is true and what is false is by the Word of God, the religious differences between them, Babylon the Great and God's true people, will be subtle but our eternal destiny will depend on our ultimate choice.  The mark of the beast and the seal of God are opposites, but Satan has made sure they will be of a similar nature, discernible only by Biblical truth. 

We are approaching those times now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

5 hours ago, brakelite said:

however, the opposite will also be true, that the church, or at least those who are faithful and looking for His coming (not beating their servants etc) will be becoming more Christlike. Thus the divide between the sheep and goats will continue to widen. This will be evident even within our churches. Within families.

Not 'will be true', although in a way yes,  but already is and has been true for a long time.

Brother against brother, son against father, daughter against mother ,  all within so-called 'churches' or church walls anyway, and within perhaps nay and all organizations, religious or secular doesn't matter - the separating by Jesus as HE calls HIS sheep out is happening everywhere and has been since the dark ages.

It is not noticed much by the world,  for obvious reasons, the main one being "as in the days of Noah"  how much difference did it make what Noah (and his sons with him?)  preached for 100 years ?   None, in terms of anyone else being saved !   So it is today, often.   A few are saved,  but how many or how few doesn't matter - Jesus told a disciple who asked "how many will be saved"  ... "It is none of your business nor concern how many will be saved;  just go and do as your heavenly Father has told you to do"  i.e. obedience is required, no matter if anyone is saved or if many are saved ,  do not disobey the heavenly Father in either instance nor in any case, no matter what the number saved is.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

17 hours ago, Debra1993 said:

Take a look at www.logostelos.info  for over 500 short articles, mostly on Bible prophecy. 

There is no doubt that we are close to the time that the Lord will take action in His Creation. We Christians can and should know what will happen and be spiritually and physically prepared for it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Keras said:

There is no doubt that we are close to the time that the Lord will take action in His Creation. We Christians can and should know what will happen and be spiritually and physically prepared for it. 

I think HE takes action every day.   The GOOD SHEPHERD always guides us and we hear HIS VOICE and follow HIM DAILY.

(not everyone here or on earth, obviously, but all HIS sheep do)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I think HE takes action every day.   The GOOD SHEPHERD always guides us and we hear HIS VOICE and follow HIM DAILY.

(not everyone here or on earth, obviously, but all HIS sheep do)

The 'action' I refer to, is the well prophesied event of the Lord's Day of wrath; the Sixth Seal.  A worldwide disaster in the magnitude of Noah's Flood. 

Jesus said the world would be 'as in the days of Noah' and He would correct this situation, as He did before - with water then, next time with fire. It will be our great test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12, will we stand strong, calling out to the Lord for His protection, Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, or will we renounce God for not doing what we expected? [the false 'rapture to heaven' idea] 

• Loved it! 1