• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

A King James Version Sermon:
(Meaning, this sermon is written for the King James Version Bible prospective and meant to be studied using the King James Version Bible, For your safe experience)

- John 8:44
- Romans 3:23
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Isaiah 59:2
- John 3:20
- 1 Corinthians 10:21
- Ephesians 5:11

Christian views on world morality:
(Christian morality on world morality)

- Matthew 18:7
- 1 John 2:15
- 1 John 5:19
- Matthew 7:13-14

Satan is only the force that works against you:
(Even sometimes through a false sense of loving affection)

- Not with the wisdom of men, but with the knowledge of our Lord: Fight firm, Quick, thorough, all without doubt in action. Satan does not hesitate. Absolutely have to be ready to quickly as possible make the right decision no matter the cost and/or amount of reproach from peers you might endure.

- Romans 6:16
- Ephesians 6:10-18

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Morning KJVBO,

Thanks for a smile and a little  chuckle.  I got a kick out of it, grabbed my old KJV then realized, hey I don't speak King's English of 1611 all that well. 

I have identified more with the American English of the New Amsterdam conference,  and with it's many studied revisions over the centuries since. I think I remember it was first authorized during 1783 by the Congress of the USA along with with Holland for the purpose of making  an English language usable for common maritme contract law. And; that it it has been revised periodically ever since in order to maintain relevancy to the people that speak the evolving language English. I do not speak inrun on sentences though  I write some.  And I use paragraphs capitalization even verse numbering and the letters S and V. I suspect using the authorized KJV without any revision will be a very slow go and not of much use to me.

Think, I'll continue to live on the wild side of Christianity and risk the ESV, or even take an occasional ride on the clunky NASB, before returning to my ASB 1901, as my old Criswell KJV is in near tatters from being around  so long; plus it has all those color coded highlighting and pencil notes I made back when I thought it was necessary for my  Lern'n. Now they just get in the way  of reading for enjoyment as well as for my edification in the word of God.

The KJV having been revised, by original intent of it's writers periodically resulting eventually with  two committees one English and a separate one American. The American by agreement to wait upon the English before  making any revision of  it's own. Eventually resulting in the American Standard Bible 1901 called  "The Hard Rock of Truth". Of the KJV's, I like it best.

So you have a sermon made up of Bible verses only without commentary or explanation, and want  people to look up the Bible verses but only in a dead language the King's English of 1561 approximately, is that the deal here? Okay, have fun with that, I have. I will look back in and see how the sermon has gone, if it has led to any conversation  or testimonials of greater personal sanctification as result .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

A sample of why  it is slow going for me to read the KJV.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjv-heb.html

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

as for Satan..

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." (Revelation 12:11)

as for sin..

The Lord Jesus Christ tells us exactly what to do when we sin, namely, "Go and sin no more".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, KingJamesVersionBibleOnly said:

The world,

the flesh,

all society,

demons (perhaps included with "hasatan" ?

the agencies of men,

the agencies of the world,

the governments that commit fornication with or in babyon,  i.e. subjects of hasatan,

are a few of the things that oppose Salvation .... that keep people from Christ, 

that drag everyone down that they are able to....

in any translation or version of Scripture.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

The American by agreement to wait upon the English before  making any revision of  it's own. Eventually resulting in the American Standard Bible 1901 called  "The Hard Rock of Truth". Of the KJV's, I like it best.

About 30 years ago, my wife gave me a new copy of the 1901 ASV as a birthday present.  Hands down my favorite English Bible.

5 hours ago, KingJamesVersionBibleOnly said:
A King James Version Sermon:
(Meaning, this sermon is written for the King James Version Bible prospective and meant to be studied using the King James Version Bible, For your safe experience)

- John 8:44
- Romans 3:23
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Isaiah 59:2
- John 3:20
- 1 Corinthians 10:21
- Ephesians 5:11

Christian views on world morality:
(Christian morality on world morality)

- Matthew 18:7
- 1 John 2:15
- 1 John 5:19
- Matthew 7:13-14

(Even sometimes through a false sense of loving affection)

- Not with the wisdom of men, but with the knowledge of our Lord: Fight firm, Quick, thorough, all without doubt in action. Satan does not hesitate. Absolutely have to be ready to quickly as possible make the right decision no matter the cost and/or amount of reproach from peers you might endure.

- Romans 6:16
- Ephesians 6:10-18

Putting in links would be convenient for some people.  Here is one possible way to do this.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8%3A44%2C+Romans+3%3A23%2C+1+Peter+5%3A8%2CIsaiah+59%3A2+%2C+John+3%3A20+%2C+1+Corinthians+10%3A21+%2C+Ephesians+5%3A11&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18%3A7+%2C+1+John+2%3A15+%2C+1+John+5%3A19%2C+Matthew+7%3A13-14&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+6%3A16+%2C+Ephesians+6%3A10-18&version=KJV

I think that the statement that Satan is the only force working against us is misleading.  One could of course point to the origin of all sin and rebellion with him and say that all sin started with him.  But, as a practical matter, there are many forms that sin, rebellion, corruption, and spiritual influences take around us and inside of us.

I also observe that there are few verses here talking about the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives and that as Christians we are new creations.  Part of the change in our lives is due to our decisions and efforts. However,  part of the change in our lives is through God's power and work in our lives to change things that we are powerless to change.  There are some things that we are in bondage to that we need God's power to free us from.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Morning KJVBO,

Thanks for a smile and a little  chuckle.  I got a kick out of it, gabbed my old KJV then realized, hey I don't speak King's English of 1611 all that well. 

I have identified more with the American English of the New Amsterdam conference,  and with it's many studied revisions over the centuries since. I think I remember it was first authorized during 1783 by the Congress of the USA along with with Holland for the purpose of making  an English language usable for common maritme contract law. And; that it it has been revised periodically ever since in order to maintain relevancy to the people that speak the evolving language English. I do not speak inrun on sentences though  I write some.  And I use paragraphs capitalization even verse numbering and the letters S and V. I suspect using the authorized KJV without any revision will be a very slow go and not of much use to me.

Think, I'll continue to live on the wild side of Christianity and risk the ESV, or even take an occasional ride on the clunky NASB, before returning to my ASB 1901, as my old Criswell KJV is in near tatters from being around  so long; plus it has all those color coded highlighting and pencil notes I made back when I thought it was necessary for my  Lern'n. Now they just get in the way  of reading for enjoyment as well as for my edification in the word of God.

The KJV having been revised, by original intent of it's writers periodically resulting eventually with  two committees one English and a separate one American. The American by agreement to wait upon the English before  making any revision of  it's own. Eventually resulting in the American Standard Bible 1901 called  "The Hard Rock of Truth". Of the KJV's, I like it best.

So you have a sermon made up of Bible verses only without commentary or explanation, and want  people to look up the Bible verses but only in a dead language the King's English of 1561 approximately, is that the deal here? Okay, have fun with that, I have. I will look back in and see how the sermon has gone, if it has led to any conversation  or testimonials of greater personal sanctification as result .

American Standard Bible 1901 called  "The Hard Rock of Truth

NOW that version I have never read.    would it be too much to ask if you could mail me a copy.    or I can wait till the funds become available later.

I mean maybe that is a good version .   I cant know till I at least read it .   But don't feel obligated to mail it to me.   Take care of the poor first .

I can wait till later, LORD willing to buy one .   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

NOW that version I have never read.    would it be too much to ask if you could mail me a copy.    or I can wait till the funds become available later.

I mean maybe that is a good version .   I cant know till I at least read it .   But don't feel obligated to mail it to me.   Take care of the poor first .

Oh, real quick ,  I aint no smarter than you and I can understand the kjv and thus far it by far outshines them all.   

Yeah I had to get an older dictionary on some words , for sure .  but the more I read it , its so easy to understand now . 

And if a word still gets me,  I got one heck of an old dictionary to look up words.   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/bible/asv.pdf   A PDF of the 1901 ASV is online for free at CCEL.  It's one of the few English versions where the translators decided to translate the name of God in the OT as Jehovah rather than as LORD (in all caps).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Note it is free reading public domain on biblegateway.com also >>

See occurences of "Jehovah"

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=jehovah&qs_version=ASV

"Version Information

From Wikipedia: The American Standard Version (ASV) is rooted in the work that was done with the Revised Version (RV) (a late 19th-century British revision of the King James Version of 1611). In 1870, an invitation was extended to American religious leaders for scholars to work on the RV project. A year later, Protestant theologian Philip Schaff chose 30 scholars representing the denominations of Baptist, Congregationalist, Dutch Reformed, Friends, Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Protestant Episcopal, and Unitarian. These scholars began work in 1872.

The RV New Testament was released In 1881; the Old Testament was published in 1885. The ASV was published in 1901 by Thomas Nelson & Sons. In 1928, the International Council of Religious Education (the body that later merged with the Federal Council of Churches to form the National Council of Churches) acquired the copyright from Nelson and renewed it the following year.

The divine name of the Almighty (the Tetragrammaton) is consistently rendered Jehovah in the ASV Old Testament, rather than LORD as it appears in the King James Bible.

The ASV was the basis of four revisions. They were the Revised Standard Version, 1971, the Amplified Bible, 1965, the New American Standard Bible, 1995, and the Recovery Version, 1999. A fifth revision, known as the World English Bible, was published in 2000 and was placed in the public domain. The ASV was also the basis for Kenneth N. Taylor's Bible paraphrase, The Living Bible, 1971.

This Bible is in the public domain in the United States. We are making it available in the same format in which we acquired it as a public service."

==================================================================

The Revised Version, Standard American Edition of the Bible, more commonly known as the American Standard Version (ASV), is a Bible translation into English that was completed in 1901, with the publication of the revision of the Old Testament; the revised New Testament had been released in 1900.