IGNORED

What's so great about the Great Commission?

Mark Corbett

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/27/1965

I don't mean that question sarcastically. I believe it is great. But I would love to hear your thoughts about what's great about it!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Mark Corbett said:

I don't mean that question sarcastically. I believe it is great. But I would love to hear your thoughts about what's great about it!

To save as many souls as possible from the eternal Lake of Fire. That's the greatest commission there ever was, is, or ever will be. Think of the importance and meaning of just saving "one" soul from eternal damnation and turning him or her to the love of Christ Jesus and what He has done for each and everyone of us. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

To save as many souls as possible from the eternal Lake of Fire. That's the greatest commission there ever was, is, or ever will be. Think of the importance and meaning of just saving "one" soul from eternal damnation and turning him or her to the love of Christ Jesus and what He has done for each and everyone of us. 

Amen! I think we have a G0d-given desire to rescue people. I think that's part of the reason superhero movies are so popular. But even if superheroes were real, they merely rescue people from temporary loss. God actually calls us and works through us to rescue people from eternal destruction!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

36 minutes ago, Mark Corbett said:

"And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world, as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come"

"Then the righteous will shine like the sun, in the Kingdom of their Father"

And consider also: Luke 18:1-8, and the Lord's prayer

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, listener24 said:

"And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world, as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come"

This quote points to the great breadth of the Great Commission (the whole world!) and to it's great importance because it must be completed before this current age ends and Jesus returns!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Mark Corbett said:

Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even ...

biblehub.com/luke/10-17.htm

When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, "Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name! ... over Syria, and people brought to Him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering acute pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed--and He healed them.

CJB:

Get going now, but pay attention! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. Don’t carry a money-belt or a pack, and don’t stop to shmoose with people on the road.

“Whenever you enter a house, first say, ‘Shalom!’ to the household. If a seeker of shalom is there, your ‘Shalom!’ will find its rest with him; and if there isn’t, it will return to you. Stay in that same house, eating and drinking what they offer, for a worker deserves his wages — don’t move about from house to house.

“Whenever you come into a town where they make you welcome, eat what is put in front of you. Heal the sick there, and tell them, ‘The Kingdom of God is near you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they don’t make you welcome, go out into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off as a sign against you! But understand this: the Kingdom of God is near!’ 12 I tell you, it will be more tolerable on the Day of Judgment for S’dom than for that town.

13 “Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Beit-Tzaidah! For if the miracles done in you had been done in Tzor and Tzidon, they would long ago have put on sackcloth and ashes as evidence that they had changed their ways. 14 But at the Judgment it will be more bearable for Tzor and Tzidon than for you!

15 “And you, K’far-Nachum, will you be exalted to heaven? No, you will be brought down to Sh’ol![a]

16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me, also whoever rejects you rejects me, and whoever rejects me rejects the One who sent me.”

17 The seventy came back jubilant. “Lord,” they said, “with your power, even the demons submit to us!”

------

Yeshua said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Remember, I have given you authority; so you can trample down snakes and scorpions, indeed, all the Enemy’s forces; and you will remain completely unharmed. 20 Nevertheless, don’t be glad that the spirits submit to you; be glad that your names have been recorded in heaven.”

21 At that moment he was filled with joy by the Ruach HaKodesh and said, “Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I thank you because you concealed these things from the sophisticated and educated, yet revealed them to ordinary people. Yes, Father, I thank you that it pleased you to do this.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

Just now, Mark Corbett said:

This quote points to the great breadth of the Great Commission (the whole world!) and to it's great importance because it must be completed before this current age ends and Jesus returns!

Exactly, it also shows our ACTIVE role in hastening His return and His final delivarance from evil (as said in 2Peter 3:12, Luke 18:1-8, the Lord prayer and the prayer Maranatha)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

It's the way the word is to be sow into persons hearts. The only way faith can be begotten is by the preaching of the good news. The word is the seed. Life then comes into anyone who believes. Very important.  More then any activity in the world. How beautiful are the feet of those who proclaim salvation.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, Mark Corbett said:

(the .....................................whole world!)

hmmmm..... relax.... where was this >>

"5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from

.................................. every nation under heaven."

i.e. "the whole world" already happened, eh ! YEAH !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

It's not all about saving souls, but making disciples of Christ so they, in turn, do the same.  Just do the math.  If 1 person makes 1 disciple, and then both of them make 1 disciple, there will be 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, and so forth.  That is how the world is to be reached.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1