IGNORED

What's so great about the Great Commission?

Mark Corbett

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, listener24 said:

hastening His return

LIke this? >>

Study Bible

The Day of the Lord
11Since everything will be dissolved in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to conduct yourselves in holiness and godliness 12as you anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God, when the heavens will be dissolved by fire and the elements will melt in the heat.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/27/1965

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

It's not all about saving souls, but making disciples of Christ so they, in turn, do the same.  Just do the math.  If 1 person makes 1 disciple, and then both of them make 1 disciple, there will be 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, and so forth.  That is how the world is to be reached.

So true! Jesus gave us a Great Strategy for completely the Great Commission, namely to make disciples.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Go into the world. We must either go if we are called personally.  Or back those chosen to go.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/27/1965

My answer to my own question is kind of long. Here is a summary:

The Great Commission . . .

receives great emphasis

is given with great authority

has great breadth (all nations) and great depth (learning to obey everything Jesus commanded)

has great consequences

is accompanied by the Greatest Person

comes with great power

calls for great commitment and sacrifice

and results in great worship.

I shared about this in just a little more depth in a post on my blog.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 18/2/2018 at 6:28 AM, Mark Corbett said:

My answer to my own question is kind of long. Here is a summary:

The Great Commission . . .

receives great emphasis

is given with great authority

has great breadth (all nations) and great depth (learning to obey everything Jesus commanded)

has great consequences

is accompanied by the Greatest Person

comes with great power

calls for great commitment and sacrifice

and results in great worship.

I shared about this in just a little more depth in a post on my blog.

Well this a...great answer!

Seriously, I' ve read your blog post as well, very true and encouraging. I'd add what I've mentioned above about the great consequences, and then we have the whole picture

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:19,20

Many churchgoers are unwilling to take any new risks or to stretch beyond the known comfort of the church to take the love of God to those who know nothing of it. 

God requires to be represented by a fiery Church, or He is not in any proper sense, represented at all. God, himself, is all on fire, and his church, if it is to be like him, must also be at white heat. 

"The voice of the Lord flashes forth flames of fire."  Psalm 29:7 

Many Believers love on people by telling them how precious they are, help them out with things they need doing, and even say a prayer to bless them but never actually preach the Gospel to them. They try to explain that doing acts of love is synonymous with preaching the Gospel and that they can preach with actions rather than words.

WE MUST PREACH THE GOSPEL

Mark 16:15 - "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'"

Acts of love are needed but they do not replace preaching the Gospel.  Buying food for the homeless, carrying shopping bags for old ladies, showing care and love to the young and healthy and ministering to the sick and disabled are great opportunities to love -- to introduce the ones in front of us to the One who taught us how to love -- Jesus. Share about the Gospel -- Jesus' death and resurrection and how receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior by faith and repentance from sin can bring them into salvation.

While it is true that we can't force people into the Kingdom but we must be confident in the Holy Spirit to believe He is already convicting the hearts of the ones we are speaking to and be BOLD to speak the Gospel message and give them the opportunity to receive the Lord. 
The full Gospel for which the Lord died for must be preached. The ones we regularly interact with but never actually minister the Gospel to if unsaved, when they die, will go to Hell – despite our loving on them!

THE JOY OF SALVATION

Many times on street outreaches, we bless people with prophetic words and even offer to pray for their sicknesses, but again this does not replace preaching the Gospel of salvation.  These are amazing ways to open up peoples hearts to hear the Gospel yet, the prophetic or healing words themselves do not save anyone. They are great tools to open up hearts to the Father's love but are never meant to be used as an end in itself but rather as a means to an end.

The salvation of the soul is the ultimate goal. Even if you don't have a prophetic or healing word for the one in front of you, be encouraged to be bold to preach the message of salvation in love and power to them because the Gospel has more than enough power to turn people to Jesus.
Let us be restored to the joy of our salvation. Remember that wonderful moment the Lord saved you and be joyful to bring others into the experience of salvation you have. What a joy to bring multitudes into Heaven with us as we understand the urgency of the times we live in. 

Disciple (5).jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The gospel the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ and we are to go into the world and share that good news. That is why the Great  Commission is so great!

• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

. Oops