HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Like many people, I've wondered and tried hard to understand why Trump has such a remarkable following.Then a friend sent me this raccoon story. It makes no difference about your political leanings, this is just a good explanation of WHY... (or it's as good as any I can come up with).

If you really want to know how the majority of people feel? And this applies to both democrats and republicans, read below, it says it all.

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately. You call the city, 4 different exterminators, but nobody can handle the job. But there is this one guy and he guarantees you to get rid of them, so you hire him. You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has a girlfriend, you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period !
Here's why we want Trump, yes he's a bit of an showoff, yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. The country is a mess because politicians stink, the Republicans and Democrats can be two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere. We want it all fixed! We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he insults people, we don't care that he once was friendly with Hillary, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he's been married 3 times, we don't care that he fights with Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, we don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslin terrorist.

This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo, and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; "AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED" and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.

We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, Republican Party, and sick of illegals. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a politician, he's not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it.
And, we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar. Also, we don't care if the guy has a bad hair day. We just want those raccoons gone, out of our house, NOW.

I feel this is why thousands of people who haven't voted in 25 years are getting involved.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I would only add this:

Trump has actually tried to do many of the things he said during the campaign unlike the above mentioned politicians. He's not perfect but that alone sets him miles ahead of the career pollies.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think the point is well made, not sure though, how this qualifies as U.S. News!

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think the point is well made, not sure though, how this qualifies as U.S. News!

We need a political/news  OP-Ed section so that we can post stuff like the article in the OP.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We need a political/news  OP-Ed section so that we can post stuff like the article in the OP.

Maybe so, I hate to think what a no holds barred political section would be like, maybe a place for people, who managed to earn there way to the political section, then get thrown out, and sentenced to eternity is the new section only, lol.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Maybe so, I hate to think what a no holds barred political section would be like, maybe a place for people, who managed to earn there way to the political section, then get thrown out, and sentenced to eternity is the new section only, lol.

It would have to be just like the political section in that no posts would be allowed except by the mods.   Make it a sub-section of the political section or something.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

19 hours ago, HAZARD said:
Like many people, I've wondered and tried hard to understand why Trump has such a remarkable following.Then a friend sent me this raccoon story. It makes no difference about your political leanings, this is just a good explanation of WHY... (or it's as good as any I can come up with).

If you really want to know how the majority of people feel? And this applies to both democrats and republicans, read below, it says it all.

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately. You call the city, 4 different exterminators, but nobody can handle the job. But there is this one guy and he guarantees you to get rid of them, so you hire him. You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has a girlfriend, you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period !

That's pretty good at explaining why Mr. Trump was elected.  I'd just like to add to it to try to illustrate where we might be going from here.

1.  Even though the '4 different exterminators' spend lots of money on advertising to try to convince you, the homeowner, to 'choose me, I'm much better than the others'; when all is said and done they're all pals and hang out together.  They certainly don't want any outside interloper exterminators coming in. What's more, they all really work for the city - not you.

2.  They come in, tinker around, and try to convince you that they've done their job.  But truth be told, if they REALLY were successful in getting rid of the raccoons, then you wouldn't need them, would you?

3.  They might try to convince you that raccoons are actually good for you - and you should want more.   In fact, you should provide a more inviting environment for them.  If you express a contrary opinion, they ridicule you - or accuse you of hating cute, cuddly little furry creatures.

They don't care about the damage the raccoons may be doing to your home, since after all, they don't live there.  They might not even live in the city.

4.  They - the 4 and the city - pool all their resources and go after the interloper guy.  They accuse him of colluding with the squirrels.  They bring raccoon defendants before sympathetic judges, who rule it is illegal to evict the raccoons from the basement.  Raccoons have rights!

What the city and the four exterminators hope to do is just to wait out the situation - hope the interloper exterminator gets discouraged, tired, or that they can just run him out of town.

And then we'll all return to "the good ol' days".

Blessings,

-Ed

• Thumbs Up 1