• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Reasons why I could personally never chose to be Catholic:
Baptist prospective

1st of all, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, I feel that as old as the Roman Catholic Church is; it still has not worked out it's kinks.
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV Bible)

I feel like if I'm going to partake congregationally to worship, it is a absolute must that i am 100% comfortable with the Church and its Doctrines, all elements combined.
- Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJV Bible)

It is well known most Baptist have issues with Catholicism because of the Catholic claim of: transubstantiation. Within the ritual of a catholic mass, the pope holds a piece of bread, turns his back, and while his back is turned. Proclaims that it "literally" turns into the physical flesh of Christ.

3rdly, Christ is the head of the Church, There is absolutely no need for a Pope. It is opposite of scriptural and from what Iv heard, Pagan derived.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV Bible)

God Bless you,
I have large hopes that you find a profitable King James Version Only proud and preaching Church near you & find the Bible way to Heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

And that's part of what started the Reformation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Deleted even though quoted

My apology for first having chosen to participate.

All come to Jesus the same way, through the specific call to them by the Holy Spirit revealing Jesus to them as the only way to God and to life eternal. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I like to think I am of the catholic church that the Holy Spirit made me a part of when He revealed to me that Jesus is God Lord and savior of all that  were foreknown to God the Father and predestined through Christ Jesus  and given to Him as our Shepherd, of which He does not lose a one.

Here is good reality in truth,  and actually a description of ekklesia.   What later became 'church' and 'Catholic' are not ekklesia.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 2/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, KingJamesVersionBibleOnly said:

Reasons why I could personally never chose to be Catholic:
Baptist prospective

1st of all, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, I feel that as old as the Roman Catholic Church is; it still has not worked out it's kinks.
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV Bible)

I feel like if I'm going to partake congregationally to worship, it is a absolute must that i am 100% comfortable with the Church and its Doctrines, all elements combined.
- Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJV Bible)

It is well known most Baptist have issues with Catholicism because of the Catholic claim of: transubstantiation. Within the ritual of a catholic mass, the pope holds a piece of bread, turns his back, and while his back is turned. Proclaims that it "literally" turns into the physical flesh of Christ.

3rdly, Christ is the head of the Church, There is absolutely no need for a Pope. It is opposite of scriptural and from what Iv heard, Pagan derived.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV Bible)

God Bless you,
I have large hopes that you find a profitable King James Version Only proud and preaching Church near you & find the Bible way to Heaven.

My new friend, I am TRULY grateful for your POST.

1st a Question: WHY would {or should} I use the King James Bible “ONLY” when it authors were rewriting it and used the Catholic Douay Bible to do so?

1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV Bible)

[13] Which things also we speak, not in the learned words of human wisdom; but in the doctrine of the Spirit, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 

The RCC is pragmatic and ORGANIC {alive and always growing}. Your comment is too vague to really comment on it.  While not surprised {I’ve been sharing my faith for about 30 years} I am amazed that with your knowledge of the bible that your understanding of it is so incomplete..

There is no possible way to compare spiritual “things” of the RCC. We Do have Jesus Christ in Person in every RCC. Nothing {though there is still much good possible} can compare with this reality. {Mt 26: 26-28; Mk. 14:22-24; Lk. 22: 17-20; John 6: 47-58 & 66-70; Paul 1st. COR 11:23-30}

Catholic Holy Communion is:

FROM God the Father

OF God the Son

BY God the Holy Spirit

Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJV Bible)

[6] I wonder that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ, unto another gospel. [7] Which is not another, only there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ

A Beautiful thought; thanks for sharing it. My new friend; but this only proves my point shared above, you seemingly know the bible without really understanding it. In all Catholic Churches one is truly {literally} in the Presence of Jesus Christ reserved in the Tabernacle {Ark} … One ought to be filled with AWE and Wonder; not so much “comfort”; though many Catholics have come to take this reality as  an  unrecognized Gift.

1 The Bible is a Catholic book:

It was early Catholic Fathers; guided by the Holy Spirit {2 Tim. 3:16-17} and it was men known today to be Catholics who AUTHORED the entire New Testament. Six of whom are Catholic Apostles. This is historically Provable.

2 Todays RCC predates Calvin and his TULIP by about 1,500 years when the RCC was up until the Great Easter Schism of 1054 AD; the ONLY “Christians” on planet earth. This too is historically provable.

3 This means that logically; historically and even Biblically {Mt 10:1-8; Mt 16:15-19; John 17:17-20; Eph. 2: 19-22; Eph. 4: 1-6 and Mt 28:18-20}, which my new FRIEND, I suspect you’ll be able to grasp it true meaning given your Baptist training. But these few passages {the SHORT course} evidence that today’s RCC is the One True Faith, and Church and faith desired and established by Jesus.

Here are the questions that logically need to be asked:

Can I accept that there cannot {its impossible} that there be your truth and my truth; as then there would be NO TRUTH {Benedict XVI}

Do I know and recognize that the RCC predates the Baptist Church by about 1,500 YEARS? And that the RCC is the One Church and Religion desired, established by Christ personally; and is basically the SAME One Faith 2,000 years ago as it is today. And that For at least the 1st. Thousand years after Christ; today’s RCC was THE ONLY “Christian Faith” on planet earth.  … ALL Protestants churches and faiths {EVERY CHURCH IS SELF-IDENTIFIED BY ITS OWN FAITH} are manmade versions of the RCC from which they were grounded in. Hence ALL of them actually are in competition not only with each other; BUT literally with Jesus Himself.

Eph. 4: 1-6 “1] I therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation in which you are called, [2] With all humility and mildness, with patience, supporting one another in charity. [3] Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. [4] One body  {means One Church} and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling. [5] One Lord, one faith, {means only one true set of faith beliefs exist} one baptism. [6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.”

So my new friend, if today’s RCC somehow lost its PROMISED protection; then which other “church” is Christ One True Church and based on WHAT evidence? {Mt 16:15-19; John 17: 17-20; Mt 28:19-20}

Thank you; I within the past week just replied in DEPTH to this issue; on this same FORUM. Please take the time to read it as the evidence of our TRUTH is very evident & compelling. Then ALSO GOOGLE Eucharistic Miracles.

1 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV Bible)

[3] But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. END QUOTE

REPLY:

Eph. 2: 19- 22“[19] So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, {singular; identified by its FAITH] [20] built upon the foundation of the[Catholic] apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, [21] in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; [22] in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.”

GOD always choose just one MAN to lead His Chosen People {Exo. 6:7; Mt 16:18}

Noah, Abram, Moses, Jacob, the Judges, the Kings like David and Solomon, and the Prophets like Isaiah, and Zephaniah who lead to John the Baptist who led to Jesus, who choose 12 MEN with Peter as the HEAD {Mt 16:15-19; John 21: 13-17}

John 21: [13] And Jesus cometh and taketh bread, and giveth THEM and fish in like manner. [14] This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to his disciples, after he was risen from the dead.[15] When therefore they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter: Simon son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. [16] He saith to him again: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. [17] He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep”

I can provide a list of  50 Peter First if you’d caré to see it?

God Bless you,

My new friend; I was deeply touched by your sincerity and charity. THANK YOU!

And Easter Blessings on this Ascension Sunday: “GLORY & Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ; King of everlasting Glory.”

Patrick

Hi, Decided to share this morning for whatever little it may be worth.

While I would not choose to be  roman Catholic, I also would not choose to be ( Place any church sect name here ) either. Fact is I have not chosen to be anything at all. I have resisted God at every turn, until the Holy Spirit first made His specific call to me to repent of my sin against God  and to turn to Jesus as My Lord and savior. I did so without then chosing to be any member of any faith system sect or denomination. I was simply saved by Grace alone.

As I look back over my life. I find that God has used such a wide varience of influences upon me to set up the day of my own reckoning that I hesitate to say one church cannot be used by God and another can, no matter how far afield the doctrine of any one of them. God may, and will, use  even that which is intended for evil and turn it to the good for those that come to believe on Christ Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

At age 7 through about age 10 I watched Bishop Fulton Sheen. I am amazed to watch Him today and find sound teaching almost prophetic in nature speaking today from more than 60 years ago. And yet, from my own very personal inside the church awareness I am horrified by the Roman Catholic Church, and what it's priests, monsignors, and archbishops, have been doing that seem even more rampant  and more terrible today.

God has taken me on a journey through many faiths and cultures and has revealed via the Holy Spirit my Lord Jesus. Near as I can tell he is not Episcopal nor Brethren nor Roman Catholic nor Southern Baptist. He might be Pentecostal but I am not sure of that either LOL.

I only know that the Holy Spirit up and moves me where He will have me to go,  and I will worship with  brothers and sisters there. I will serve Him at each place He sends me as best I can  given the limits of my understanding talent and gifts.

In conclusion  since God has led me  on the path He will have me travel, and not one of my own choosing, I will be content to let God lead others as He sees fit too. And if some are led to be of the Roman Catholic Church along their way, hey  it is God's will that is to be served. May He bless them as He saves them individually, just as He has done this former  atheist. He saves each of us as He wills, and makes it known to us when He wills. He has always foreknown and He has predestined too. Therein is my confidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 10:42 PM, Yowm said:

Our ultimate authority is the Scriptures.

Romes ultimate authority is the Pope, Councils and church Tradition ...big difference.

Dont forget Yowm they believe in christ. Theybelieve in the trinity. And the second coming of the lord. They believe he rose from the dead on the third day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Dont forget Yowm they believe in christ. Theybelieve in the trinity. And the second coming of the lord. They believe he rose from the dead on the third day.

Don't forget one and all,  even the devils believe and they do tremble .    You know how many people believe the truth of the trinity , believe in Christ , even claim him as savoir

and say he is the only way ,   YET they lived like satan and do not know him.     Do you want an example .

I will use myself.    Long before I TRULY was drawn to CHRIST ,   I believe JESUS was all that and the only way ,  I had heard the message before .

Anyway while in the marines I and a buddy of mine Sardo ,   we were arguing with an atheist and telling him JESUS is the ONLY way and if he don't believe that

he will end up in hell fire .   We preached it like a pair of on fire evangelists,    the only thing is , WAYEN ,   me and my so called evangelist friend were living just like the world ,

The truth is ,   had the three of us died that very night,     TWO of us would have had an even sorer pusnishmet and all three would have ended up n the lake of fire.

ITS NOT ENOUGH TO Mouth the words and yet the heart truly does not know him.     And ROME aint the only major religion that has massive errors and lost folks in it .

Churches are full of them.     Full of them .    and its outright scary for them .   And those who teach them only cause them to err worse .

NOW , we gotta do something about that wayne .   NUMBER ONE ,  we don't defend no system of darkness.   number two we do all either through fear or compassion

to instruct , correct ,  just with hearts that desire only life , we speak pure sound doctrine and point to JESUS .     

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

While I would not choose to be  roman Catholic, I also would not choose to be ( Place any church sect name here )

For those very reasons I do not belong to any church’s membership. In fact, the non denominational assembly I attend at times when I’m able to has no membership, and consider all who have ever called upon the name of the Lord to be part of the one Church; the body of Christ.

1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1Co 3:4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Today we might saith one is AOG, another Baptist, Catholic, etc.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1