• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Larry 2 said:

For those very reasons I do not belong to any church’s membership. In fact, the non denominational assembly I attend at times when I’m able to has no membership, and consider all who have ever called upon the name of the Lord to be part of the one Church; the body of Christ.

1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1Co 3:4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Today we might saith one is AOG, another Baptist, Catholic, etc.  :)

No membership? Interesting. How are decisions made affecting the local body of Christ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, KingJamesVersionBibleOnly said:

God Bless you,
I have large hopes that you find a profitable King James Version Only proud and preaching Church near you & find the Bible way to Heaven.

Well your one hope came true. I have found the Bible way to Heaven. But I see no need to attend a King James Version Only Church. The church I attend now is just fine thank you. 

:D

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well your one hope came true. I have found the Bible way to Heaven. But I see no need to attend a King James Version Only Church. The church I attend now is just fine thank you. 

:D

That is your right and privilege as an American citizen to have freedom of religion, just like it is my right and privilege to be KJV only.  

As for why I am not Catholic. I simply disagree with their teachings. No offence to anyone who might be Catholic. I do not pass judgment upon you. But it would not be right for me to follow a teaching I do not agree with. It is as simple as that. 

Guest Butero

This thread is about why a person couldn't be Catholic.  I will give some issues I have with the RCC.

1.  I don't believe in praying to Mary, and I don't believe she remained a virgin her entire life.

2.  I don't believe in asking departed saints to pray for me, or bowing down to statues.

3.  I don't believe we must go to a human priest to ask forgiveness for sins.  We can go straight to God.

4.  I don't believe in purgatory.

5.  I do not believe the bread becomes flesh and the wine turns to blood during communion.

6.  The office of Pope is not Biblical, and Peter was not a Pope.

7.  Nuns are not Biblical.

8.  Requiring a priest to remain single is placing a stumbling block on him.  

Those are some of my issues with the RCC, the biggest ones I can think of for now.  Way too many to overlook.

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

That is your right and privilege as an American citizen to have freedom of religion, just like it is my right and privilege to be KJV only.  

I never implied that is wasn't. So good for you. I love America. :clap:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No membership? Interesting. How are decisions made affecting the local body of Christ?

Hi Neighbor. Our pastor, elders, teachers, and a form of an elected board. For near near fifty years that I'm aware of, there's never been building funds, bake sales, pledging, and the like I've witnessed elsewhere just to keep afloat, I've also witnessed different families supported when finding themselves in troubles, and it seems to work well.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Butero said:

This thread is about why a person couldn't be Catholic.  I will give some issues I have with the RCC.

1.  I don't believe in praying to Mary, and I don't believe she remained a virgin her entire life.

2.  I don't believe in asking departed saints to pray for me, or bowing down to statues.

3.  I don't believe we must go to a human priest to ask forgiveness for sins.  We can go straight to God.

4.  I don't believe in purgatory.

5.  I do not believe the bread becomes flesh and the wine turns to blood during communion.

6.  The office of Pope is not Biblical, and Peter was not a Pope.

7.  Nuns are not Biblical.

8.  Requiring a priest to remain single is placing a stumbling block on him.  

Those are some of my issues with the RCC, the biggest ones I can think of for now.  Way too many to overlook.

Well at less you and I can agree on somethings Butero!  Here is a thumps up for you! :thumbsup:

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 2/20/2018 at 5:57 AM, Neighbor said:

Deleted even though quoted

My apology for first having chosen to participate.

All come to Jesus the same way, through the specific call to them by the Holy Spirit revealing Jesus to them as the only way to God and to life eternal. 

No, catholics do NOT come to Jesus the same way as us ( Christians ).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

"The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God...Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions...As to papal authority, the Pope is as it were God on earth, Sole sovereign of all the faithful of Christ, chief king of kings, having a plentitude of unbroken power, entrusted by the omnipotent God to govern the earthly and heavenly kingdoms...The Pope is of so great authority and power, that he is able to modify, declare, or interpret even divine laws." - From a Papally-endorsed encyclopedia: Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica ("Handy Canonical, Juridical, Moral, Theological, Ascetical, Polemical, Rubrical, Historical Library"), vol. 5, "Papa (Pope)" article 2 [see also J. P. Migne, 1858 edition, column 1823, Latin] (#1, 13, 18, & 30).