• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

29 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

"The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God...Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions...As to papal authority, the Pope is as it were God on earth, Sole sovereign of all the faithful of Christ, chief king of kings, having a plentitude of unbroken power, entrusted by the omnipotent God to govern the earthly and heavenly kingdoms...The Pope is of so great authority and power, that he is able to modify, declare, or interpret even divine laws." - From a Papally-endorsed encyclopedia: Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica ("Handy Canonical, Juridical, Moral, Theological, Ascetical, Polemical, Rubrical, Historical Library"), vol. 5, "Papa (Pope)" article 2 [see also J. P. Migne, 1858 edition, column 1823, Latin] (#1, 13, 18, & 30).

The pope aint winning anyone to JESUS ,  the man flat out compares preaching the gospel to jihad and flat out pumps his all religions are finding their own way to GOD messages.

about the only thing the pope does really preach if we take heed,   IS the Universal catholic church .   I honestly believe the pope believes he is the vicar of Christ . 

I really believe they believe that .    scary.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 5/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

The pope aint winning anyone to JESUS ,  the man flat out compares preaching the gospel to jihad and flat out pumps his all religions are finding their own way to GOD messages.

about the only thing the pope does really preach if we take heed,   IS the Universal catholic church .   I honestly believe the pope believes he is the vicar of Christ . 

I really believe they believe that .    scary.   

Yes.

But, there IS a difference between the universal catholic church and the roman catholic "church" we see today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/16/2018 at 4:38 PM, Larry 2 said:

For those very reasons I do not belong to any church’s membership. In fact, the non denominational assembly I attend at times when I’m able to has no membership, and consider all who have ever called upon the name of the Lord to be part of the one Church; the body of Christ.

1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1Co 3:4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Today we might saith one is AOG, another Baptist, Catholic, etc.  :)

I like the admission policy of your church.....Rom10:13..... it’s God’s admission criteria also....anyplace to get more info on this church or others like it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Larry 2 said:

Hi Neighbor. Our pastor, elders, teachers, and a form of an elected board. For near near fifty years that I'm aware of, there's never been building funds, bake sales, pledging, and the like I've witnessed elsewhere just to keep afloat, I've also witnessed different families supported when finding themselves in troubles, and it seems to work well.

Hi again, just very curious, could forty  scientologists, as example, show up  when you have an election, vote and determne the outcome of your election? An extreme example I understand, but here it might actually happen considering the shear number of them  around here. If there were no membership standards and approval process for voting conditions.

From real experience,back in the 1980's  we once had nearly forty Scientologists show up on our business property, making their presence known only by their clipboards and note taking while dressed as was their fashion at the time. They scared heck out of our clients and staff who then thought we had sold and had become scientology owned. Made for a bit of a hassle for a time. Here a church without a membership might face such a challenge today is my thought.  As an further abstract; what if an ACLU group came to a church and just up and voted to change the church doctrines if no membership is required for voting right?  But so far it is working well for your body of believers, - interesting.