• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

I am on my second marriage.  My wife's youngest daughter is having a baby any day now.  Our house is too small for a baby and we have 3 big dogs. They have set the baby's room up at my wife exes apartment.  Which means that my current wife will be staying over at my exe's apartment even spending the night over there for several months. I have trying to wrap my mind around this for months when my wife told me....Coming out of my current illness with pneumonia....i dont know it has just stuck me again that I need to get out of this situation.  Things are way over my head and I feel a heaviness.  what would you do if you were in my shoes???  I just want to run away, and get myself out of this situation for my own sanity.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

She will be staying with her former husband ? I thought that was what you meant. That really not good. Why is she going to do that ? I think you guys need to talk to a counselor. God bless you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Have you talked to her about it? Not in an angry or demanding way of course, but just to let her know your concerns?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

Yes I have talked to her.  She has made up her mind this is what she is going to do to help her daughter with the baby...  SHe assures me that nothing is going to happen with her and the ex.   I am the one having the doubts. They are all going to be bonding without me.  I just dont see me going over to his house even if he is at work.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

It's not an ideal situation, however since she has her mind made up about it.... perhaps you can consider going over there to bond with them while the ex is at work?  Please consider it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Babies don’t take up that much room.....give the dogs to some new good owners.....I’d put the dogs to sleep rather than get in the mess you are awaiting.....if your wife thinks her solution would be acceptable to any man with guts and brains, she is delusional......The next baby that comes along will not likely share your DNA....good luck to you

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

Praying for you...that sounds like an awful situation.  I don't think I could handle something like that.  

I definitely would talk to her and tell her exactly how you feel about it, though. Maybe then you could come to some type of solution that works for the both of you.

To be honest with you, I have never heard of someone's mom having to move in with them for months after they have a baby.  I mean it looks to me like she could be there during the day when her ex is at work and not have to move in with them.  Just my thoughts on it, but maybe that could be a solution that she would be agreeable to.  

Anyhow, I will be praying for you and your family....Gby and hopefully it all works out in a suitable way for you:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/18/2018 at 6:13 AM, stronggrace55 said:

I am on my second marriage.  My wife's youngest daughter is having a baby any day now.  Our house is too small for a baby and we have 3 big dogs. They have set the baby's room up at my wife exes apartment.  Which means that my current wife will be staying over at my exe's apartment even spending the night over there for several months. I have trying to wrap my mind around this for months when my wife told me....Coming out of my current illness with pneumonia....i dont know it has just stuck me again that I need to get out of this situation.  Things are way over my head and I feel a heaviness.  what would you do if you were in my shoes???  I just want to run away, and get myself out of this situation for my own sanity.

@stronggrace55

Hello there,

Your step daughter has chosen to live in her father's home, for there is room there for her and her new-born child, yes? He is the baby's grandfather, so has the right to be part of that child's life.

Your wife naturally wants to help her daughter, but, if that requires that she also lives in her former husbands home for the early days of the  baby's  life to support her daughter, that will require a great deal of trust on your part, and a great deal of patient accommodation on the former husbands part.

Is there a time limit set for this stay? A matter of days only?  If so, you can afford to accommodate the arrangement, for she is your wife, and will return after the allotted days. 

This is a difficult situation for you, but trusting and gracious giving will endear your wife to you more than resistance.  

She will return to you with gratitude, and your step-daughter will not forget your kindness.

May God give you the grace and love to trust and love.

In Christ Jesus

Christine