• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

Hi guys,

For some time now, I have been wondering how different people read and learn God's Word.

Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you.

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

When growing up, we used to learn a different verse every week. I love that my girls learn the same verse at church for the month. By the end of the month, they have said it for four or five weeks and know it well.

I like to sometimes listen to it, in the car on just as I am going about my day.

And other times, I like to journal and write notes or even prayer as I read.

I was wondering what some of you do? It may be nice to get some new ideas.

God bless:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 minutes ago, Annette said:

I was wondering what some of you do?

I just read it, and trust in the Lord. It may seem crazy for some, but everything is possible to him who believes.

"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,
    and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
        and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen,
            and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
                that no flesh should glory in His presence." - 1 Corinthians 1:27-29

Glory to God! Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I just read it, and trust in the Lord. It may seem crazy for some, but everything is possible to him who believes.

and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
        and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen,

Glory to God! Amen.

My friend of many letters I don't care who calls ya crazy , I loves ya brother .   Onward in the Lord peoples.

Read that bible , follow the Lamb , and the comforter will reveal wisdom and understanding as we have need when we read.

Enjoy it , feast from the pages, read the letters as a whole.   pray and seek Him for wisdom ,  hunger and thirst for righteousness and you shall be filled.

And those who are His shall never lack the knowledge to walk pleasing unto Him through faith.

We should seek truth,  but only so we walk pleasing unto Him.  We should ask for wisdom and knowledge and seek for understanding as for hid treasure .

But always do so , just so as we walk worthy unto HIM.   ITS all about GOD being exalted and not us .    Let us learn of Him

let us walk in HIS ways,  let us rejoice in the LORD, and abound IN HIM we shall through even the harshest of times.

The Lord is our guide and He goes before us and He leads us and feeds us from the green pastures of his holy and pure truth.

Praise the Lord one and Praise the LORD all.   And marvel not if the world hates you and persecutes you.   Be not surprised if many seperate

from your company.  Just pray for them to repent, pray to and for their good ,  for we were all once the wicked of the wicked , at least I was,  well all were

at least wicked,    and the LORD had mercy.   So read daily , learn from Him , be grave  , be serious , be compassionate and filled with

the wisdom of our LORD, ONWARD in the LORD and raise those hands and praise the Lord.    What a fire His word and words are

and puries us right to the most inward part, cleansing us and instructing us unto righteous and holy living.   

PRAISE THE LORD and have the JOY of HIS SALVATION.    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

More perhaps ?  More than just read and trust ?  (i.e. more than warm a pew, sit on a couch .... )

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi guys,

For some time now, I have been wondering how different people read and learn God's Word.

Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you.

Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

When growing up, we used to learn a different verse every week. I love that my girls learn the same verse at church for the month. By the end of the month, they have said it for four or five weeks and know it well.

I like to sometimes listen to it, in the car on just as I am going about my day.

And other times, I like to journal and write notes or even prayer as I read.

I was wondering what some of you do? It may be nice to get some new ideas.

God bless:)

Annette,each day I check the verse on biblegateway and if it is a rhema, I memorize it by spending 3 or so visits till I say it all without looking.then I think it about during day and then anytime odd time forever. weekly or so I dig into Greek and cross-refs of a memory verse

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

More perhaps ?  More than just read and trust ?

Just read, pray, and trust... By grace, through faith, we learn what we need from Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Glory to God! Amen.

Thank you for sharing this 4L. I have enjoyed looking and seeing what people have written.

Hope you have a great week.

God bless :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

My favorite way (not my only way) is to research a topic or certain word and read the chapter/verses surrounding that topic/word.

This was my first method (self taught) of learning the Bible and has stuck with me ever since.

Hi Yowm,

I love seeing how other people learn and get into the Word.  I love the idea of taking a topic and seeing how that theme comes up throughout my reading.

As we have been reading through Luke, I keep seeing over and over again how Jesus so often went against the expectations of the people at that time. I love seeing how passionate He is about caring for people.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Read that bible

Hi Friend,

I loved this phrase, sometimes all we need to do is make time to read it and learn from what we read.

The verse that has been standing out to me the last couple weeks is Luke 6:31, Do to others as you want them to do to you :)

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

More perhaps ?  More than just read and trust ?  (i.e. more than warm a pew, sit on a couch .... )

Hi Jeff, do you have a favorite place or time of day that you like to spend in the Word?