ScottA

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

It is amazing to me that so many who defend the word of God, do so like keeping the law, without the same regard for the Spirit.

As we have come out of the age of the flesh and the written law and the descendants of the first Adam, and have long ago entered into the age and times of the gentiles and the law written on our hearts and of the Spirit sent to us by Christ the Last Adam and life-giving spirit, there are still those who turn back to that Egypt, as if it were not true that "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." Which has lead to strong delusion during our times.

When Jesus addressed the seven churches in Revelation, He already, even in that first generation after delivering the world from the captivity of sin and darkness, He had somewhat against five out of the seven churches sending forth an imperfect gospel. And now the children of the five are greater than the children of the two who found favor. These are "those who took pleasure in a lie" and are responsible for bringing forth the foretold "strong delusion" now plaguing the church. Their teachings born of the lie regarding the Spirit, has resulted in a declaration of a self-proclaimed and closed canon of scripture, which literally declares that God has stopped His revelations; and this they have done against what was foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter, as the time of God pouring out His spirit "upon all flesh", saying "Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions, And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My spirit in those days."

But the common argument is this: That the canon is just the "written word" which ended after the apostles wrote the final books of the sixty-six.

...Except...they have conveniently (or blindly) forgotten one "little book":

Revelation 10:1-7 

I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire. He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices. Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”

The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven  and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

An angel had that little book.  It wasn't additions to the finished Bible.  That is about as out of context as anything I have ever seen posted.  That "little book" was for the angel's eyes only.  John was in the process of writing Revelation, and he was faithfully recording what he saw.  We have that book, and that is the conclusion to Holy scripture.  Genesis is the beginning and Revelation is the ending.  There is nothing more to add.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Butero said:

An angel had that little book.  It wasn't additions to the finished Bible.  That is about as out of context as anything I have ever seen posted.  That "little book" was for the angel's eyes only.  John was in the process of writing Revelation, and he was faithfully recording what he saw.  We have that book, and that is the conclusion to Holy scripture.  Genesis is the beginning and Revelation is the ending.  There is nothing more to add.  

Its getting clearer , THEIR IS AN AGENDA.  its getting clearer.    someone getting the minds ready for their coming message about  WHAT the seven thunders

revealed to this one .    Prepping the minds .    it aint working , but yeah he is a trying .