I am so sad

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moving might be an option if I can get out of my year lease but the landlords are not cooperating.  I also dread packing up again when I just moved in a few months ago.  I also have a vestibular (inner ear) disorder so inserting ear plugs is not an option however I believe there is a wax ear plug that does not go inside the ear that I should try.

Edited by Blue Lulu
Added information
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Good advice - and more important, someone to share or vent with is always therapeutic.

I have not advice except that already given, but at least you have a job, food and someplace to lay your head.

I do not like elevator music but there are some benefits to noise cancellation. I traveled all over for too many years and the hotels that did not have AC fans would be the hardest to sleep in. Get some surround sound white noise where you sleep. That will mix up the other invasive sounds a bit. Some doctors' offices use white noise speakers for the same effect.

I want to thank you all for your prayers and insights.  The management company has agreed with me that they have not protected my rights with the issues here in my apartment complex.  They said I could break my lease and move out.  But more then that I have learned some things about myself that I have to work on.  Thanks to 1to3 for the suggested video “Dark Root” by Bill Schnoebelen.  So eye opening and I fell free.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Glad it worked out with the landlord.   Let us know when you get a new place!

I wonder if we could all pray for my upstairs neighbors.  The mother, son and his girlfriend.  They are one of the tenants that get into screaming fights.  The son is a customer of the drug dealers across the hall from me. The son is a friendly, relatively quiet person but once the mother and girlfriend come home then the fights start.  They are all hurting people and need our prayers.  There are many angry people in this apartment complex that need prayer as well.

• Praying! 2

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:
I will pray for them.:emot-heartbeat:  
I had a similar situation recently... we were forced into a situation that we (my son and I) had to live in a place that is not ideal.  Near constant fighting, violence, drugs, etc (next door... a few steps outside our front door).  I was concerned that someone would draw a gun and we'd be caught in crossfires.  A few times, I called 911 because the woman's ex-boyfriend would come at all hours, day or night, and harass her, and then a fight would ensue.   I was so angry, because this was someone we'd helped financially (and we don't have much) and my 15 yr old son had just gone through major brain surgery and needed rest so he could heal. On top of that, he didn't need me/his mother stressed out.  One day, I went out to confront her and tell her the help was being cut off.  That day, my heart softened toward her and we stood in the front yard in tearful prayer and exchanged hugs.  I did have to help vouch for her when police were called out about 3 or 4 more times, and she and her 20 yr old son finally got more on their feet and were able to move.   
Before she left, the Lord moved on my heart to buy her a couple of things for her tiny home... which she received with tears... although they were nothing expensive, just something to brighten her days when she looks at them.  I pray they remind her of our time in prayer and that there is some kindness in the world, but most importantly, a reminder that Jesus cares and loves her.  
I believe there is nothing wrong with honesty before God, about how we feel.  He keeps track of our tears!  Tears come from many places ... sadness, grief, joy, deep gratitude/worship ... even Jesus wept.  Emotions and honesty about our emotions aren't wrong or bad. Look at the Psalms ... one of the writers of the Psalms... today, David would be viewed as a messy Christian ... probably not well accepted... but he was called "a man after God's own heart.":emot-heartbeat:

Thank you.  It is nice to hear from someone who knows exactly what it is like.  I hope you are doing better as I soon hope to be.  “Messy  Christian”, yes that’s me but I have a heart for God.  

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

14 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

I wonder if we could all pray for my upstairs neighbors.  The mother, son and his girlfriend.  They are one of the tenants that get into screaming fights.  The son is a customer of the drug dealers across the hall from me. The son is a friendly, relatively quiet person but once the mother and girlfriend come home then the fights start.  They are all hurting people and need our prayers.  There are many angry people in this apartment complex that need prayer as well.

Praying for them.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Blue Lulu said:

I am so sad.  I have recently moved to a new city.  I also have a new job.  The place where I live is horrible.  There are drug dealers living across the hall and the upstairs neighbors are screamers and frequently wake me up in the middle of the night.  I have gone to my landlord many times but nothing changes.  The lack of sleep is getting to me.  I know that God is always with me, I know that God strengthens me.  I know that nothing happens to me that does not pass through God’s loving presence.  I would really like to live a quiet, peaceful life but I am not sure that is God’s plan for me.  My life has been tumultuous for several years now.  Before I moved here my husband had been sick for many months but I had a great church family.  Now even though that was hard this is worse because I miss those good, Christian people in my life.    I could really use some Christian love and insight.

thanks

Hi Blue Lulu,

I see people have been helping and praying. I feel for you and your situation as I too love peace and quiet. Thus I was struck by your statement and thought of this scripture - (God does desire that we lead a quiet life)

`....that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly towards those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.` (1 Thess. 4: 11 & 12)

So it is good that you can get out of your contract, and I pray you find a better place. And sometimes we don`t know how good we have it until we move looking for ...whatever.

regards, Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1

So does anyone think there is some kind of spiritual lesson I should reap from this situation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Leonard Ravenhill and others faithful in their lives serving YHVH for the Gospel of Jesus ,

have said often enough to remember (with which I completely agree daily more and more): 

One thing I would do more in my life :   pray. 

(even though they/we /  prayed for hours every day, with results seen by all around them)