ScottA

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

So much of the prophecies of Jesus that refer to the "end times" hinge on just what generation it was that He called, "this generation." To me, it's more than just the written word, but even then...it is so clear, and yet most of Christendom does not see it. So...I recommend if anyone cares about the truth, that you do a little study. But, not to worry, a little study is all it should take. Here, I'll show you.

Below are the passages of a simple search of the words "this generation" addressed by Jesus, from the book of Luke. It is the last passage that is in question, the one that would seem to be about when all of His prophecies get wrapped up. But, really, to get the full idea of Jesus' position and why He goes on and on about it, I recommend you read all the passages, there's not that many:

And the Lord said, “To what then shall I liken the men of this generation, and what are they like?
[ Seeking a Sign ] And while the crowds were thickly gathered together, He began to say, “This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet.
For as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so also the Son of Man will be to this generation.
The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.
that the blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation,
from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.
So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light.
But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

...Simple, right?

But the argument then comes because it is just inconceivable that everything that Jesus named off, surely could not have already happened some 1,900+ years ago...unnoticed, right?

Now, this is where Jesus, would get a sad look on His face...and say, "Oh, ye of little faith!"

But me, I'll just explain:

You see, well, no, that's not going to work, "because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand." - But that was then, and this is now. Surely, by now, the Holy Spirit will have guided us into a little more of that "all truth" that was promised, right? Okay, I will give it a try!

You see...just as the world only saw Christ defeated on the cross, but His chosen witnessed saw His resurrection from the dead and ascension bringing victory over death and salvation from sin for all who believe...the world didn't see all of what Jesus said would happen to that generation either. You see...what Jesus foretold, did not pertain to the world, but to the kingdom - and what did He say? ... "In 2,000 years or so, I while return to the world and every eye will see Me."

No - that is not what He said. This is what He said: A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me."

...Not 2,000+ years, but "a little while", and not in a way that the world would see - but in fact, in a way the world would not see! So...why haven't you seen Him? - I'll tell you why...because you have been looking in the world!

Folks...we have been lied to. 

Now - get it straight...and figure it out. Or you may as well join in the chorus of those who don't believe He rose from the dead either.