Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Christine

Hello there,

God began His work in me, way back in 1960.  He saved me, and secured me in Christ Jesus His beloved Son, on the basis of the all sufficiency of His sacrificial work.  

Looking at the statement of faith of 'Worthy Ministries', I see that there is one point upon which we are not in agreement, and this may alter your view as to whether I am a suitable applicant for forum participation.  That point is in regard to your interpretation of  2 Corinthians 5:8:  'We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.' For I believe that this verse is not a proof text determining what happens to the believer at death. I believe that in order for the believer to be 'present with the Lord', the Lord needs to be 'present'; and that the hope of the Church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, is that 'When He Who is our life appears', we shall appear with Him in glory (Col.3:4).  That requires resurrection.

Thanking you in anticipation

In Christ Jesus

Christine

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello again,

I believe that it is necessary for me to enter three times before I can be allowed to take part in the forum generally.  I hope that this will be considered to be my second entry.

The sun is shining as I write, and everything is bejewelled by the light, the sun is undimmed by cloud and is glorious.   How wonderful is the light that has shined in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God in Christ Jesus our Lord!-  Praise God for His mercy and grace!

In Christ Jesus

Christine

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Hello yet again,

I can hear the sounds surrounding me, and rejoice in this sense which so often is taken for granted.  I praise God for the hearing of faith, which He has blessed me with, and pray that I will not ever take it for granted.

This is my third entry, and I now await approval, and access onto the forums, in order to take part and share fellowship with others to our mutual edification.

In Christ Jesus

Christine

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Welcome to worthy :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to Worthy, Christine.  We believe that to be a minor difference of interpretation.   So we are more concerned that you trust in Christ as Savior and Lord, and that you accept the Bible as the sole basis for doctrine.  

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello there,

God began His work in me, way back in 1960.  He saved me, and secured me in Christ Jesus His beloved Son, on the basis of the all sufficiency of His sacrificial work.  

Looking at the statement of faith of 'Worthy Ministries', I see that there is one point upon which we are not in agreement, and this may alter your view as to whether I am a suitable applicant for forum participation.  That point is in regard to your interpretation of  2 Corinthians 5:8:  'We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.' For I believe that this verse is not a proof text determining what happens to the believer at death. I believe that in order for the believer to be 'present with the Lord', the Lord needs to be 'present'; and that the hope of the Church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, is that 'When He Who is our life appears', we shall appear with Him in glory (Col.3:4).  That requires resurrection.

In Christ Jesus

Christine

welcome coon hold face hearts red.jpg
God's Word always balances us to a greater faith outside of this which we have began in

Jn 6:62-63
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
KJV
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello there,

In Christ Jesus

Christine

I don't see any contradiction here, in your post. 

"...anticipation..."  

Realize, though, that day to day there will be a lot , potentially, of conflicts.