• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

How do you know if God is speaking to you (not directly through words) or if it’s just your conscience? 

I’ve been feeling something, like I need to do something, but not sure if it is being directed from God or my own mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If the thoughts are persistent and advance GOD's Purpose, whether just for me or for HIS People, than I would take it to be the Holy Spirit leading me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Many times He speaks to us by reminding us of what we know...which is what we've learned from the scriptures. Read the Bible daily, and listen to good teaching/sermons on it. The more you put into your heart from His word, the more it will move you and come to you when you need it.

God is the authority. Our "conscience" is flawed by sin and can mislead us.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

This is a great question and very suitably answered already. All things on the planet seem to clamor for our attention nearly all the time. Sleep is often a way of arranging this sensory overload but the frequency of our thought processes are a mystery. How one can see many things that are different from another's perception is miraculous. Yet God created homogeneity somehow, so that we tend to all see a square as a square and a ball as a sphere. This homogeneity is absolutely the most miraculous of all senses if we dare contemplate its alternative; absolute anarchy of thought and appreciation would be a total disaster! So it is all a wonderful mystery from the Lord God that created all things, seen and unseen.

So to answer the OP question; they are synonymous. God and conscience. The one reflects the other; that is why Saul could say that all things created are evidence of His Glory. What we do with out relevant revelations is the real question I think.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

So to answer the OP question; they are synonymous. God and conscience. The one reflects the other; that is why Saul could say that all things created are evidence of His Glory. What we do with out relevant revelations is the real question I think.

It seems this is not necessarily so.  An evil conscience cannot be synonymous with God, nor can one that is defiled.  

Heb 10:22  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

An evil conscience is one that knows it has fallen short. The yardstick is still the Lord's Perfection. Purification can only come from Him who made us. My point is: without the Lord, we can have no conscience - good or bad. Ultimately, the Lord High God (Yahweh) is the measure of anything - seen or unseen.

• Thumbs Up 1