• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

R.I.P. to the late Billy Graham.

He's reunited with his pre-deceased wife in heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

The greatest preacher of the gospel in the 20 century.  Welcome home Billy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Billy Graham and his crusades were instrumental to my salvation, thought I was never able to attend a crusade. I have the greatest respect for him and his servant hood. Good by Billy for now. We all will be home soon.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

You're home with the Lord Billy! You will be sorely missed!

I have really wrestled with making any comments about Billy Graham, because he did just pass away, and I sincerely hope he is in heaven with the Lord.  I make no judgments about that, because all judgement is left up to Jesus Christ, and anyone can make things right with God up until the time of their death, but I have seen some things about Billy Graham that I find disturbing.  There are many videos on YouTube that show interviews of Preacher Graham taking positions that are not Biblical.  In one case, he indicates that he believes that people of other faiths including Muslims can be saved, and that faith in Christ alone is not necessary.  You can find old messages he preached where he says the exact opposite, but he is seen in interviews saying his position changed.  In another place, he questions whether their is literal fire in hell, like he is not sure.  

I have never watched a Billy Graham sermon, so I really didn't know what he preached, but one thing that always disturbed me was how sinners always spoke well of him.  I used to work with a guy that was a homosexual, and he said Billy Graham was the only preacher he liked.  If he was preaching the Bible as written, I have trouble believing he would be so universally loved by unrepentant sinners.  But that alone wouldn't cause me to come out and question his ministry.  The fact he spent his whole life traveling around preaching causes me to give him every benefit of the doubt, because it takes a lot of dedication to do that.  If it wasn't for seeing him on video speaking himself and saying things I find heretical, I wouldn't say anything even now.  I was looking at these videos this morning, and anyone can see them for themselves on YouTube.  Just type in Billy Graham's name, and it will bring up all kinds of things.  There are many that claim he is in hell.  I am not his judge, and would never say that, but I feel like we may have an image of Preacher Graham that is not right simply because he is so universally loved.  

I try to be very careful not to bear a false witness against anyone, especially a minister of the gospel.  I haven't been out there spending my whole life preaching, and I have not lived a perfect life.  I have many regrets about the way I have spent my time, and I am just now trying to find ways to do my own calling, so I am not condemning Preacher Graham, as many are.  I am just questioning the message he preached.  

4 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Sorry but Billy Graham was a globalist who is on record on TV as denying the truth of Jesus Christ being the only way to heaven. He was also arm in arm with the Whore of Babylon Roman Catholic church. There is also good evidence he was a freemason. Sorry but BG is not in heaven.

I saw stuff about him being in the Masons, but there was no absolute proof of it, so I didn't mention that, but everything else you said can be backed up in his own words on YouTube videos.  

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Interesting.  Any specific videos I should look for to review myself?  I never heard of this.

I just looked up Billy Graham this morning on YouTube.  At first I was going to watch an old crusade message, since I have never heard him preach, but I came across all kinds of videos claiming he was in hell.  I saw him interviewed by Larry King and Robert Schuler, and in his own words say that he believes people of different faiths can be saved.  He speaks of his changing views over the years.  If you think there is any value in it, I could try to look up some for consideration to be seen in the video section, but I don't know how edifying they would be.  My only concern is for people that might start to do as I did, seek out his sermons thinking he was a great Christian preacher, and be led astray.  

14 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Yes i fear you are correct... I do not hold much hope for billy graham...

It is really sad.  From what I saw, he started out preaching a pretty straight forward message, but started moving away from the truth in the 1950s, and his message gradually got worse.  What a waste!  Spend your whole life preaching, but not the truth.  Imagine the rewards you would have in heaven to be so devoted to God for so many years, but be a castaway because you preferred the praises of men.  

There is a place where it shows him changing his mind and acknowledging there is literal fire in hell, something he questioned in an earlier interview, and that change of heart came very recently.  Perhaps God was dealing with him, and he repented.  That is why I hold out some hope he could be saved, but so much damage was done by the false teaching.  People were accepting Christ in his meetings, and being sent back to the RCC churches.  

I wasn't going to say anything about this, until something happened this morning.  I was reading a post from a person in another place where they posted a song that was a tribute to Billy Graham.  It sounded good, and I gave it a thumbs up.  Then I decided to listen to a Billy Graham sermon, and saw videos about his false teachings, so I watched them.  I never like to say bad things about people who have died, out of respect, but I felt like God was dealing with me that I couldn't just ignore this.  That allowing this false image to go unchallenged was making me a compromiser, helping cover up for him.  That is the only reason I am saying anything now.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I think you know by now that videos are only for the video forum, which is why I just asked for the names of the videos, not the video itself or a link.  They should be removed.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is really sad.  From what I saw, he started out preaching a pretty straight forward message, but started moving away from the truth in the 1950s, and his message gradually got worse.  What a waste!  Spend your whole life preaching, but not the truth. 

The ones who were deceived by bg (and, btw, by macarthur too) will likely get furious at him being exposed as a fraud.  They refused to believe it years ago,  and possibly still won't believe it today.  They are members of this forum and other forums too.  It is likely this thread will disappear, or possible anyway, just because of (several reasons),  as the posts and threads exposing bg years ago disappeared.   "Finally" while the truth is coming out again,  will it be believed ?