• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, mat007 said:

I came again with a question regarding my problem.

I've got Scrupulosity, probably the worst form of OCD I have ever had. I will consider you have read my other posts (involving my fears of being the Antichrist, etc.). Now I met another problem. I know this sounds weird but the thing is, when I'm searching a solution for something, I begin sometimes having thoughts that I am somehow "activating" some supernatural powers (that are not from God) and easily find the solution to that thing. Of course, I don't have any supernatural power but I'm scared. Can this be just something psychologically? Just a terrible source of "motivation"?

Another thing is that sometimes I think that God disagrees with the fact that I study science. And when I ask for forgiveness for whatever simple thing (swearing, etc.) I just become anxious and think that God stopped me from doing science to, because it might be "secular".

What can I do? How can I solve both of my problems?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, mat007 said:

Well, I actually am a Christian. I thank God for what I received from Him. The only thing that bothers me are the obsessions. So, repenting wouldn't be a problem. I asked for forgiveness, and I'm pretty sure God knows about my OCD.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, mat007 said:

What about the thing with the "powers"?

James 1:5-14
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
KJV

I believe your first steps to becoming useful to God 
2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV
2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
Prayed .... Love, Steven