I'm feeling very lonely

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone. I'm turning 22 pretty soon and it's for me to thinking on my current situation. Since about a few years ago I've been contemplating my singleness and it has been frustrating dealing with loneliness in my life. I've been a loner all my life. I've never really had any friends or a girlfrirnd. I go to church and a few social programs but I always distance myself from everyone. I'm not good at socializing and I'm afraid I'll never be able to share the good news of Jesus with anyone. God expects us to share this news with everyone, it's the entire reason we a live on earth. But I'm just not confident. I have self esteem issues and I just don't feel I can develop the relationships or courage required to fill out this mission. What can I do?

I just don't want to feel lonely anymore. I feel so depressed right now and I've been contemplating suicide the last few months. I already have a plan and the means of doing so. I'm scared and the feelings I'm having hurt. Please tell me what I can do?

Edited by QuirkyPanda
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Praying

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Get into His Word, the feelings of suicide will ebb away.

Any passages that would be helpful in my situation that you wouldn't mind sharing?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, QuirkyPanda said:

Please tell me what I can do?

Only the Lord Jesus can help you.

I suffered from loneliness as well, and only after I knew the Lord Jesus I could find peace and happiness.

This may help you: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/219082-loneliness/

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to quote something I said in another topic (I hope it's okay). It's something I was afraid to say originally but I feel it's needed if others are to help me fully.

On the topic of Sexuality I would like to voice something real quick. I hope it doesn't get me into trouble so forgive me if I offend anyone.

I do not condone LGBT acts or ideals, however I have sympathy for their situation. As a man who has had romantic attractions towards other men, I know what it feels like to be isolated and to be rejected. I know what its like to be different and to feel like you are living a lie. This is something I struggle with on daily basis and it hurts. Being a Christian I understand it would be a sin for me to act on my desires therefore I must be more careful. I do not ask of anyone to condone LGBT acts, I only ask you have sympathy for our situation. Its important that LGBT individuals be supported, not because they should act on their desires, but instead uplift them, show them God's loving grace so that he may free them from their transgressions.

Quirky

Sometimes I feel as though God has no room for me, like maybe he doesn't like me because I'm this way. I know it's not true but there are times I feel this way. I feel like I'm all alone and I'm afraid to make friends because maybe they would judge me if they found out. Especially in the Christian community. I hope you all will be understanding of my situation and not judge me. I haven't had a relationship with a man yet and i don't plan to. But when you go through life having thoughts and dreams that are deemed sinful in the eyes of God it's just hard not be overwhelmed with sadness. I wish that I could be normal and these thoughts were to be taken away from me. I hope you all understand. 

Have you had any attraction for those of the opposite sex?  If you have, you would just need to find a woman you are compatible with and remain faithful.  It would be just as wrong to cheat with a woman.  We all face temptations, but we must resist them.  

We are living in day where there are many methods of spreading the gospel, especially on the internet.  Be creative.  Think outside the box.  Also remember that God can set you free from sinful desires.  Just seek him till the deliverance comes.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, QuirkyPanda said:

Hi everyone. I'm turning 22 pretty soon and it's for me to thinking on my current situation. Since about a few years ago I've been contemplating my singleness and it has been frustrating dealing with loneliness in my life. I've been a loner all my life. I've never really had any friends or a girlfrirnd. I go to church and a few social programs but I always distance myself from everyone. I'm not good at socializing and I'm afraid I'll never be able to share the good news of Jesus with anyone. God expects us to share this news with everyone, it's the entire reason we a live on earth. But I'm just not confident. I have self esteem issues and I just don't feel I can develop the relationships or courage required to fill out this mission. What can I do?

I just don't want to feel lonely anymore. I feel so depressed right now and I've been contemplating suicide the last few months. I already have a plan and the means of doing so. I'm scared and the feelings I'm having hurt. Please tell me what I can do?

I think sometimes before we can help anyone else, we have to get our own house in order first.  It sounds like this is the case for you, that you haven't found a firm footing yet in your relationship with the Lord.  From your second post here in this thread, it also sounds like the reason for that is because you are still struggling with yourself.  You  know that of course the feelings you are having do not come from God, in regards to your personal desires or these thoughts regarding suicide.  Perhaps your process begins with renewing your mind, each morning, so that every day you begin with a fresh slate, and start looking at the blessings in your life and being thankful for them.  Praying for you.

God bless

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is such a thing as false guilt also known as self condemnation. And this comes from satan who is our accuser who is always trying to convince us of what a loser we are. Satan is always trying to drive a wedge between us and God and one of his tactics is self condemnation that drives us away from God.

As we read the bible and pray daily, we find assurances that Jesus will always be with us, through thick and thin. We might wander away at times, but he NEVER will. And when we do, he gently reminds us that we are wandering and then points us to the solution through prayer and repentance which leads us towards trusting him and relying on him to save us. While we are on this earth, we are not perfect but we are assured that if we stumble (sin) that we can always go to him in prayer and ask him to cleanse our heart of sin and he will just like he did the hour you first believed. He will not give up on you.

1 John 2: 1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Jesus has promised he will never leave you, or forsake you and he has done this by sending his holy spirit to reside in you, when you first fully believed in him and trusted him and asked him to come into your life. You can be assured that he will never go back on his promise. He always hears you and understands even when you think no one else does.

John 14 : 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

Mathew 28 : 20 And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I agree that you should read the Psalms...many are quite comforting.   I also enjoy The Beatitudes located in the first part of Matthew chapter 5.

About your loneliness, maybe you could find some volunteer work.  Either some Christian type volunteering or maybe with animals?  That way, you might feel more relaxed in relating to people that are volunteering with you.

Do resist the devil's temptation about homosexuality.   I hope you will eventually find a nice girl that you feel comfortable with.  But, if not, remember that there are many singles serving the Lord and content in Him.

About evangelism, I once read a very good devotional by Hudson Taylor (Founder of China Inland Mission/OMf).....He said the Lord never sends a wounded soldier out to work.  So take care of yourself spiritually first, and then you will have something to share with others.

God bless you!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think there is one very useful bible passage for you right now:

Colossians 3

Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. [a]Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

and...I found another:

Philippians 3:20

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;