• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everybody,

I am suffering from OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder. I have unwanted, dreadful sometimes blasphemous thoughts. I do not want them, but they are still coming. My typical obsession is that something bad will happen to other people because of my thoughts or to me or that i will do some sin. My compulsion is repeatedly saying phrases or appealing what i have said.

The main reason why i write here is because i am looking for help. Today i was in the gym and i met there my friend. We started to work out. We saw a guy who was workouting and he was doing loud noises. It was funny so we started laughing. I felt bad for the guy that we were laughing. I said to myself that i wont laugh any more and if do i will be blind. That was my intrusive thought that i will be blind if i will laugh again. God is watching us and he hear us also what we say and what are our thoughts. It was so funny that my friend kept laughing and i did a bit too. Now i am so afraid and anxious because i kept laughing when i shouldnt. What do you think about this? Can i really be punished like this because what i have done. I know that it is not so big sin to laugh at someone but i told myself that i wont do it and even tho i told it myself i still was laughing. I am afraid that i have failed in front God and that he will punish me like this how i said to myself. Why would he punish me so hard for this small sin? Will God forgive me this sin? I am so afraid that i will be blind. What should i do now?

Please help me!

Thank you all so much!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

The thing about intrusive thoughts is that once in your head - the harder you try NOT to think about it, the worse it gets!  And you, by far, are not alone in this.  There are more Christians being bombarded with this to some degree than you can think of.

The key is STOP trying NOT to think about it.  You will put yourself in a terrible place.  It's like Eve.  God gave her and Adam everything and just asked that they not eat of that one tree.  Once the devil deceived her and told her that God hadn't exactly told the truth [which was a lie], that's all she could think about was that ONE tree.  The entire blessings of God, her whole and literal world, was now insignificant and not enough.  She cast all that aside in her mind and dwelt on just that one tree.  See?

Trying not to think of it when the lies enter your head and NOT replacing those thoughts with Godly ones is a big part of the problem.  Those thoughts won't leave you because as much as you try to banish them, you are left with an empty mind and they just come back quickly.

Say to yourself when these things happen, "This is not the truth.  It's not Biblical."  And cast your mind on something that is true or as Paul said in Philippians - something true, pure, of good report......etc.

For a few moments, if you ignore the lies, the devil will combat you harder, but as you practice this, you will get better and better at not surrendering to thoughts that are not of God.  

Cast your thoughts on your many blessing and the love of God.  He KNOWS you suffer and loves you still.

Don't try on your own power to not think of it and especially to not replace it with other Godly thoughts - it's like trying to take your dirty fingers and wipe a dirt stain off of a wall.  It just makes the dirt mark bigger and more noticable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

19 minutes ago, johny111 said:

Now i am so afraid and anxious because i kept laughing when i shouldnt. What do you think about this? Can i really be punished like this because what i have done.

I suffered from this as well. Only after I received Jesus in my life this stopped.

20 minutes ago, johny111 said:

I am so afraid that i will be blind. What should i do now?

Repent, and welcome the Lord Jesus to your life. And you will be free.

"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,
    that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." - Acts 26:18

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Repent to God. If you are truly sorry, He will know. Remember that He knows your heart even better than you do. If you are truly sorry He will forgive, for certain. And He also knows that your condition is something you don't have full control over. He is patient and loving. God is not a bully waiting to strike you down at the slightest provocation. Continue to do your best, continue to repent when you mess up, and then move on.

• Loved it! 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

i have OCD  i have had it for a long time the best thing that worked for me is distracting myself  keeping myself busy weather its tidying up the house or watching a film if i keep thinking about the thoughts it gets worse and the more you focus on the thing you shouldn't think about the harder  to stop thinking it doing things that have nothing to do with the though helps eg like playing a game on line or reading book that has nothing to do with the thoughts you are thinking also be careful not to get triggered by things as well YOU ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOU DONT HAVE TO DO WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE TELLING YOU  remember there is a big diffrace between thoughts and actions  you have to remember that its just a passing though and if you keep yourself busy and focus on something else the thoughts will go away 

just because you said you will be blind  there is not a very good chance   that you will be blind    you being blind is very unlikely to happen  unless you have medical problems with your eyes or your eyes have been damaged in some way  very very unlikely if not impossible 

God will not strike you down or do anything to you God is a loving father who sent his son to die for us so we can have eternal life with him  he loves us so very much 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/22/2018 at 5:59 AM, johny111 said:

Hello everybody,

I am suffering from OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder. I have unwanted, dreadful sometimes blasphemous thoughts. I do not want them, but they are still coming. My typical obsession is that something bad will happen to other people because of my thoughts or to me or that i will do some sin. My compulsion is repeatedly saying phrases or appealing what i have said.

The main reason why i write here is because i am looking for help. Today i was in the gym and i met there my friend. We started to work out. We saw a guy who was workouting and he was doing loud noises. It was funny so we started laughing. I felt bad for the guy that we were laughing. I said to myself that i wont laugh any more and if do i will be blind. That was my intrusive thought that i will be blind if i will laugh again. God is watching us and he hear us also what we say and what are our thoughts. It was so funny that my friend kept laughing and i did a bit too. Now i am so afraid and anxious because i kept laughing when i shouldnt. What do you think about this? Can i really be punished like this because what i have done. I know that it is not so big sin to laugh at someone but i told myself that i wont do it and even tho i told it myself i still was laughing. I am afraid that i have failed in front God and that he will punish me like this how i said to myself. Why would he punish me so hard for this small sin? Will God forgive me this sin? I am so afraid that i will be blind. What should i do now?

Please help me!

Thank you all so much!

You are not the Judge to pass a sentence upon yourself..

God is the Judge and He will judge you..

If you believe The LORD Jesus Christ and trust the Atonement He secured for the forgiveness of sins then all your sins shall be forgiven including the one you did in that gym..

It is good that you wanted to stop laughing,, that you wanted to stop embarrassing that person.. That is a good desire.. and shows that the Holy Spirit was probably working upon your conscience at that time..  Now of course the situation may have been funny so finding it funny would not be a sin.. But laughing out loud to mock and shame the person that is sin..  A persons intentions means a lot.. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

oh i forgot ask are you on any medication for your OCD  ? as sometimes it can help with the obsessive thoughts 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

I'm sorry for your pain and struggle. Claim verses daily that can help you, like "Don't worry for tomorrow, it will have its own trouble." In one sentence here, Jesus Christ gave the best advice ever for stress and mental health. When you worry about eternity because you laughed or did something, you're worrying about tomorrow, and Jesus said, "Deal with today's stuff only, today."

You'll also want to be sure you trust Jesus for salvation. Once you've accepted that His horrible death and glorious resurrection have paid your sin, guilt and shame, you can walk in the light and ask Jesus Christ to take your OCD away and/or diminish it.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Confess to him... He is faithful not only to forgive you but to wash you so you respond differently in the future.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Confess your sins to god and repent. Also take every thought captive and line it up to Jesus and what he says. You can say scripture under-neath your breath that is the truth. That is what god says and not your thoughts. 

Everything takes time you need to retrain your old patterns.  Ask god to help you to stop thinking like this

Edited by Mightypower