• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Butero said:

If not for rich and powerful people, most wouldn't have a job.  You need to consider getting trained in a line of work that will allow you to have the American dream.  Worrying about what others have will get you nowhere.  

He brings up good points. If you work 40 hours a week and dont make enough to pay your bills then your underpaid. I am not talking about living in a house like the rich. But maybe a cheap apartment. I think corporations make big profits for the most part. My company pays not bad. But entry level is not enough to live on. We must live for God and not money. God will feed us for sure. But you may get hungry at times. Paul did so it can happen. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

A helpful prayer, likely some here have prayed.

serenity_prayer.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, Butero said:

If not for rich and powerful people, most wouldn't have a job.  You need to consider getting trained in a line of work that will allow you to have the American dream.  Worrying about what others have will get you nowhere.  

This. I'm now 64. In 1982 I had no college, but was tired of working retail. I went to a COBOL school that involved four nights a week for ten months and it cost me $2,300. This skill took me forward to today and got me a solid six figure income. I did abandon the coding about 12 years ago because of the influx of cheap Indian labor. I went into Business Analysis because it is communication intensive, something you can't farm out to people who can barely speak English. It was a seamless transition and what I'll almost certainly be doing when I retire in a couple of years.

College is not necessary. What's necessary is to learn a skill that is in demand and then continue to learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Big Time said:

Always being overcharged and overtaxed and underpaid my whole life fills me with so much dread and anguish.  Rich and powerful people basically want us subservient to them and there is no way to avoid them without also suffering homelessness or hunger or whatever.

What do I pray for?  What do I ask God for to overcome these negative, cynical thoughts and emotions?

I've started to tech myself web coding like HTML and CSS and am going to eventually move on to Wordpress and Java and Ruby on Rails, etc.  God helps those who helps themselves, I always thought.  That's all I can figure out to do.

Christians want the American dream so they can buy a house and have a family like most other Americans.  Chalking my failure up to Gods plan for me seems like a coping mechanism.  Are we really doomed to be miserable our whole lives for being believers?

I dont know if this saying will be of any use but I’ve found it an interesting thought;

The man with the most toys doesn’t win. But the man with the most Jesus does. 

Hope it encourages. :)

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Please allow me to go at it again. There is no equal opportunity. There is no equal outcome, even from equal effort. Life is not fair.   Bad things do happen to good people as well as good things happening to bad people.

As the sign at the window where the graded math exams were left for college students to pick up and see their grade said,

"Nobody promised you fair." I loved that sign, it hit the mark dead on.

Life just isn't fair. If one demands things to be fair they are always going to be disappointed. Disappointment leads to many sins that impoverish the mind, spirit, and soul. Envy, covertness, anger, loss of good countenance, all come to life from making the demand that life be fair. It isn't fair, get over it. It is flawed. Everyone lives in a flawed and fallen creation suffering the righteous wrath of God. When one rails against plights in their life they rail against God.

Quit railing and instead get to submitting to the will of God. Do all that is done to the glory of God. That may prosper a person financially,  or it may not, but make that the goal in all that is done and it will be a glorious life that is led even under this fallen world.

Riches of this world are indeed fun to have, but they all come at a price too. When seeking earth's financial rewards  just make sure God's glory is not the price being paid to gain them.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885