IGNORED

No Waiting! - That was then, this is now.

ScottA

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

the waiting and looking for Him was over when He came.

Exactly.

If anyone seems to think they are too smart and say: "The Lord will not come now, I would just live as I please, or I will go there and do some sin and come back".

"If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask,
    and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death.
There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
    All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." - 1 John 5:16-17

But I tell you: No. You may not come back. And what guarantees you that you will come back?!

"But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you;
    then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”" - Luke 12:20-21

Some people simply do not get that the command to watch is also because we can simply die at any moment... And if you truly believe in Him, you will do as He said.

"Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches,
    and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame." - Revelation 16:15

Those who love the Lord do as He commanded. If you do not, then I am worried for you, but the Lord knows your heart.

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

26 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Exactly.

If anyone seems to think they are too smart and say: "The Lord will not come now, I would just live as I please, or I will go there and do some sin and come back".

"If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask,
    All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." - 1 John 5:16-17

But I tell you: No. You may not come back. And what guarantees you that you will come back?!

So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”" - Luke 12:20-21

Some people simply do not get that the command to watch is also because we can simply die at any moment... And if you truly believe in Him, you will do as He said.

and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame." - Revelation 16:15

Those who love the Lord do as He commanded. If you do not, then I am worried for you, but the Lord knows your heart.

"And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." - 1 John 3:3

We continue hoping and watching and waiting upon the Lord even if we have to wait until we die.......and actually there is a death we have to go through, as Jesus did, and Job is an example.  Zipporah saying to her husband, though art a bloody bridegroom to me.  She had to consecrate/circumcise her son.......a picture of sanctification being sanctified.  The Israelites being circumcised a second time  at the Jordan, and why I was wondering about the crossing of the Jordan being a second baptism, as it were.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Exactly.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and learned , and hold fast and repent. If therefore you shall not watch

,  I will come upon you as  a  THIEF and you shall not know what hour I will come upon you.

Christ to the church of sardis.

But if any says in his heart MY LORD delays his Coming .........................................................................................................

Example of the early church mentatlity.     Behold the coming of the Lord does draw nigh.

todays ...................YOU DONT KNOW THAT ,  it might be a thousand years.    BUT BEWARE for one has to admit ..............IS that NOT SAYING in heart MY LORD delays HIS COMING

IF we are truly walking in HIm,     we would SEE CLEARLY the SIGNS of the TIMES.   And if we see clearly the signs of the times,  THEN WE KNOW WHAT GENERATION THIS TRULY IS

Be blessed and may all praise the LORD>

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Well, that is hard to understand, I will have to think on that.  I have been thinking that since Israel is our example, it is a picture of our journey, whoever is following Christ, Jew or Gentile.  But possibly there are more layers to it as well, so I'll give it a ponder, thanks.  That's like waiting on the Lord too, of course His word is eternal so it applies now, but there is the other aspect that it was fulfilled in Christ, the waiting and looking for Him was over when He came.

Another way of explaining your idea of two baptisms, is revealed in the two "folds" referred to by Jesus. What happened with Israel crossing the Red Sea and then the Jordan, simply shows each fold coming through "the waters above" separately.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Why don't you just tell that you are a full preterist .... a better theology for you

By the way, preterism is a false teaching