• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Wayne222 said:

Hi Wingnut yes of course all is true. But even righteous men sin and fall short of Gods glory. Anyway of a righteous good person does and no one does not sin. So all his righteousness cannot save him. But if he never heard the good news.  Then God will be fair.

Meant even a righteous man does sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Wingnut yes of course all is true. But even righteous men sin and fall short of Gods glory. Anyway of a righteous good person does and no one does not sin. So all his righteousness cannot save him. But if he never heard the good news.  Then God will be fair.

Of course men sin, but according to Romans 3:10, none is righteous.  So the question then becomes, how is one righteous.  There is only one answer, one can only be MADE righteous, through faith in Jesus Christ.  This is the qualifier.

Romans 3: 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

God knows what He is doing brother, and His elect will not perish, when the full number comes in, all that choose God will be present and accounted for.  This is one of the very things we have faith in!

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I also wanted to add this for your consideration brother, from Matthew.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The gospel will reach everyone, one way or the other, all will hear or have heard the truth.  Sadly, many reject it, to their own destruction, like the first passage I shared says, "they are without excuse."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, Dennis1209 said:

By no means am I making a comparison here, but... I think it safe to say, Billy Graham preached the Gospel to more people than all the Apostle's, combined. 

Interesting thought, however....

Of the twelve some are not even recorded beyond mention of their name are they? Yet others are still "speaking" today!

And not a one saves another person for all though even inspired of God in what  they state have no power to save.

That power comes not from a witness giving testimony even the most faithful of witnesses, but from God the Holy Spirit alone comes the specific call to repentance that must be sensed heard and heeded.

So perhaps it does not matter all that much who spoke to how many as each person is responsible to God for themselves and none have excuse for rejection of Him and His son's sacrifice that has made salvation from just punishment  to sin possible. No matter how great the man,  no matter how wonderful his mission or how  high or low his purpose assigned by God, there is only salvation by the call of the Holy Spirit alone. All that is done to the glory of God is as marvelous a testimony as the biggest of meetings by any preacher even the wonder that was Billy Graham.

I witnessed the night at the Tampa mission the delay as Billy Graham was talking  on the phone with the Cash family when Johnny was so sick and expected to die at any moment. We were on the playing field, normally reserved as open space for individuals to come forward after the presentation. The crowd kept growing, and we kept being propelled to the front until we were right under the temporary stage and podium.

The choirs sang, there was further song and talk, and then  in the middle of a very simple talk and message by Mr Graham, an atmospheric pressure built up, it intensified and people stirred, restless, then people started without command to move, and they came by the thousands down from the seats up above us. Mr. Graham seemed to shorten his talk and immediately reacted to the moving, inviting those to come forward and for any not in need to make way and room for them to meet with counselors down in front of the podium. We kept moving and being moved back until the entire playing field was filled with people coming forward and  we were propelled right out the exit. I'm guessing tens of thousands came forward to seek Christ Jesus that night. It was a privilege to have been there feel it, see it, and hear it. 

I believe I felt, saw, and heard, the results of the Holy Spirit calling many individuals singularly that evening.

Yes God used the work of the entirety of the Billy Graham group, the local organizers, and volunteers. He even called us to be there, I believe. And it was marvelous, the memory of it all enduring and encouraging me to this day. Praise God for rising up the entirety of what is Billy Graham and the mission he was used to fulfill.

As great an evening as that was in my life, it is no finer than every single recollection that comes to my mind of every even poorly presented sharing of Christ Jesus that any and every saint ever made to encourage me before I was turned about, by the Holy Spirit, to my own repentance and acceptance of Christ.

So I suggest that  every one everyone that shares of Christ Jesus is as powerful a voice as was Mr. Graham for it is  the doing of the will of God when the gospel is shared, by anyone any one with another. The Holy Spirit uses it all, and it is the Spirit of God that makes the specific call  to salvation. Praise God for His mercy and Grace.

• Thumbs Up 1