Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Did Billy Graham preach the true good news ? For sure he did. His main message was the cross. I watch him many times on his tv crusades.  

He preach Jesus and him crucified. He said clearly Christ took on the sins of the whole world. 

That is what the gospel is. Christ is the good news. Christ is our righteousness.  He is our life. He is our hope. The false gospel is you have to improve yourself in some way to make your self right to God. Then he will accept you. 

But Billy Graham said just as you are come. Lord be merciful to me a sinner. We go as sinners to the throne of grace. Do we remain in sin God forbid ! We who have been baptize into Christ have have been baptize into his death. Christ has been risen so we now walk in newness of life.

But you don't come to God trying to change yourself into a good person. You let him transform you by the renewing of your mind. 

I know Billy taught all this from the scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I never found anything wrong with his message either.  The Holy Spirit used it to save millions.  I wish that could be said of myself.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

29 minutes ago, Willa said:

I never found anything wrong with his message either.  The Holy Spirit used it to save millions.  I wish that could be said of myself.  

Do you know what "ecumenical" means ?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus prayed that we be one in the Spirit, having love for one another.  Do you know what this means?

Jhn 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

rom/13/8/  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

1Th 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Joh 17:20  "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,  Joh 17:21  that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  Joh 17:22  The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,  Joh 17:23  I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

Pray that people see your love for other Christians so that they may know that you are a genuine Christian.  Many only see your hatered for the worldly ecumenical movement that deletes adherence to Scripture and creeds for the sake of unity on paper or to come under the Roman church..  While we should hate evil, people should be able to see the love of Christ in all of us.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

ec·u·men·i·cal: /ˌekyəˈmenək(ə)l/ - adjective;  representing a number of different Christian churches;  synonyms:    nondenominational, universal, catholic, latitudinarian, all-embracing, all-inclusive; promoting or relating to unity among the world's Christian churches.

con·de·scend·ing:  /ˌkändəˈsendiNG/ - adjective; having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority; ynonyms:    patronizing, supercilious, superior, snobbish, snobby, disdainful, lofty, haughty; 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

37 minutes ago, bryan said:

ec·u·men·i·cal: /ˌekyəˈmenək(ə)l/ - adjective;  representing a number of different Christian churches;  synonyms:    nondenominational, universal, catholic, latitudinarian, all-embracing, all-inclusive; promoting or relating to unity among the world's Christian churches.

con·de·scend·ing:  /ˌkändəˈsendiNG/ - adjective; having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority; ynonyms:    patronizing, supercilious, superior, snobbish, snobby, disdainful, lofty, haughty; 

While I aint accusing you.  this approach you did could seem condescending .   Was it .   Probably not .

BUT neither is jeff just asking a question either .  

Believe me I have seen people being condesecending one to another .  neither you nor jeff by his question or your reply seems condescending .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

While I aint accusing you.  this approach you did could seem condescending .   Was it .   Probably not .

BUT neither is jeff just asking a question either .  

Believe me I have seen people being condesecending one to another .  neither you nor jeff by his question or your reply seems condescending .

The two definitions were posted without any comment deliberately.   No judgement or views were intended, they were simply things to consider.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

In some Christian circles, it seems to be a term of disparagement.  From what I can tell, it seems to be practically defined something like this: an ecumenical person is one who does not consistently and adequately shun and condemn particular denominations, groups, and people.   Any words or actions indicating any degree of respect or acceptance or defense of particular denominations, groups, or people would seem to indicate that a person is ecumenical.  My understanding is that some Christians take it to be synonymous with apostate, compromising, ignorant, deceitful, mislead, or misleading.  As far as I can tell, some Christians take it as something to be avoided in any shape or form as being sinful and potentially unforgivable if not repented of.

My sense is that some Christians exclusively reserve the term ecumenical for anything to do with the RCC whereas others seems to use it more generally for any denomination, church, or group that they hold not to be doctrinally pure.

Anyway, my take on the general use of the term as I've observed it on WCF.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, bryan said:

GOOD !    Then you do know, right?,  why the ecumenical churches in the world cannot save anyone - their message and focus and direction is contrary to Jesus !  THank you!

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

GOOD !    Then you do know, right?,  why the ecumenical churches in the world cannot save anyone - their message and focus and direction is contrary to Jesus !  THank you!

What is the gospel to you ?