God delights in my suffering

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God is enjoying my suffering. He made me a loser, a worthless, pathetic piece of trash, while others get to succeed and enjoy life. He's condemned me to be pathetic and worthless. I ask Him for help but never get any response. He leaves me to be alone, even though I know everyone replying will say I'm never alone and He's always with me. It's always about what he wants, and clearly he wants me to be an inferior scum, just garbage. What about what I want? What about my hopes and dreams and my need for love? No, it's all great what he's doing, letting me lie in torment, not answering my prayers, not changing anything in my life, not letting Himself be known AT ALL. Oh but he's always there, he's always helping me and wanting what's best for me, meanwhile my life is in complete shambles and I want to die. I would pray to die tonight in my sleep but I know it won't be answered. God chose to make me a loser, and doesn't care enough about my suffering to do anything about it

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Friend, have you ever truly asked for forgiveness and believed on the Lord as your Savior?

If so, you are not a loser...you are a child of God through Christ.   You need to change your thinking... remember who you are in Christ.

The devil loves that you are so down on yourself and your mind is mired in that downward mentality.   If you truly want a change in your life, start to reject the devil's thoughts.    Read the word of God and seek out some verses of who you are as a child of God.   I think that will help you to start to see changes in your life.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Worthlessloser said:

God is enjoying my suffering. He made me a loser, a worthless, pathetic piece of trash, while others get to succeed and enjoy life. He's condemned me to be pathetic and worthless. I ask Him for help but never get any response. He leaves me to be alone, even though I know everyone replying will say I'm never alone and He's always with me. It's always about what he wants, and clearly he wants me to be an inferior scum, just garbage. What about what I want? What about my hopes and dreams and my need for love? No, it's all great what he's doing, letting me lie in torment, not answering my prayers, not changing anything in my life, not letting Himself be known AT ALL. Oh but he's always there, he's always helping me and wanting what's best for me, meanwhile my life is in complete shambles and I want to die. I would pray to die tonight in my sleep but I know it won't be answered. God chose to make me a loser, and doesn't care enough about my suffering to do anything about it

I spent years where every time I looked into the mirror I'd look myself in the eye and think "you loser" to myself.  I basically despised and hated myself.  This was after 30 some years of being a Christian and while to all appearances I had a "successful" life.  The issue was that I had no clue who God had created me to be.   I had created my entire identity around things that I did rather than who God made me to be.  God moved me into a miserable place in life where I could not rely on all the things I had been using to define myself.  He basically forced me into a situation where I needed to face myself.  It took a couple of years but God finally started helping me see who He had created me to be.  Somewhere along the line, I started seeing myself through His eyes.  It made a world of difference in my life.  Nothing around me changed, but the world seems completely different than it did before.

I see two distinct complaints in the OP.  One is that life is miserable and sucks.  The second (and I think most important) is that the OP is basically saying that God created me to be worthless, pathetic, inferior scum, trash, garbage, a loser.  There's a world and enemy out there that destroys people in two ways; one is by making them believe themselves to be special and perfect apart from God just the way they are, the second is believing themselves to be irredeemably despicable and worthless.  As Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10 NIV)

The most important thing in everyone's life is becoming the unique treasure that God intends for them to be.  We live in a fallen corrupted world that has infected us with that corruption.  God's intention and desire is to remove us from this corruption and restore and recreate us into the unique works of art, the unique treasures, the unique individuals that He intends for us to be.  The two parts of the gospel are that first, Jesus came to reconcile us to God, and second, that the Holy Spirit comes to live inside us and make us a new creation.  God intends for each of us to be a person that reflects His glory, majesty, beauty, love, mercy, holiness, creativity, passion, and purpose to the world around us.   

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)  

(Jesus praying to the Father)  22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. (John 17:22-23 NIV)

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (I Peter 2:9 NIV)

God's work in us is done in two parts.  There is the initial work of Jesus in our lives.  We surrender ourselves to God by admitting that we are part of a corrupt world and have that in ourselves as well and we need His help and forgiveness.  The second part is that God Himself comes to live inside and starts changing us.  He starts transforming us into a unique person that will reflect His glory to the world.  I don't know where you are at spiritually.  I just think that the OP reflects what a world and enemy (that hates God and hates everything good thing He wants to do) wants people to see in the mirror so that they give up and do not even try anymore.  God created us to walk alongside Him in a grand adventure called life that is not unlike taking a long hike through the rugged beauty of an untouched wilderness.  There will be ups, downs, hard stretches, beautiful views, restful places, rain, sunshine, but throughout it all, there is One beside us.  The enemy wants us to lay down in a mud puddle beside the path and stay there sulking over how miserable we are and will make that mud puddle as appealing as possible so we just want to stay there.   However, God wants us to get up, rinse off the mud,  and start walking forward on the adventure and quest He created us for.  That's who He created us to be.   :) Be willing to get out of the mud puddle and start hiking.   You are intended to be a special treasure of the Almighty even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I spent years where every time I looked into the mirror I'd look myself in the eye and think "you loser" to myself.  I basically despised and hated myself.  This was after 30 some years of being a Christian and while to all appearances I had a "successful" life.  The issue was that I had no clue who God had created me to be.   I had created my entire identity around things that I did rather than who God made me to be.  God moved me into a miserable place in life where I could not rely on all the things I had been using to define myself.  He basically forced me into a situation where I needed to face myself.  It took a couple of years but God finally started helping me see who He had created me to be.  Somewhere along the line, I started seeing myself through His eyes.  It made a world of difference in my life.  Nothing around me changed, but the world seems completely different than it did before.

I see two distinct complaints in the OP.  One is that life is miserable and sucks.  The second (and I think most important) is that the OP is basically saying that God created me to be worthless, pathetic, inferior scum, trash, garbage, a loser.  There's a world and enemy out there that destroys people in two ways; one is by making them believe themselves to be special and perfect apart from God just the way they are, the second is believing themselves to be irredeemably despicable and worthless.  As Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10 NIV)

The most important thing in everyone's life is becoming the unique treasure that God intends for them to be.  We live in a fallen corrupted world that has infected us with that corruption.  God's intention and desire is to remove us from this corruption and restore and recreate us into the unique works of art, the unique treasures, the unique individuals that He intends for us to be.  The two parts of the gospel are that first, Jesus came to reconcile us to God, and second, that the Holy Spirit comes to live inside us and make us a new creation.  God intends for each of us to be a person that reflects His glory, majesty, beauty, love, mercy, holiness, creativity, passion, and purpose to the world around us.   

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)  

(Jesus praying to the Father)  22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. (John 17:22-23 NIV)

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (I Peter 2:9 NIV)

God's work in us is done in two parts.  There is the initial work of Jesus in our lives.  We surrender ourselves to God by admitting that we are part of a corrupt world and have that in ourselves as well and we need His help and forgiveness.  The second part is that God Himself comes to live inside and starts changing us.  He starts transforming us into a unique person that will reflect His glory to the world.  I don't know where you are at spiritually.  I just think that the OP reflects what a world and enemy (that hates God and hates everything good thing He wants to do) wants people to see in the mirror so that they give up and do not even try anymore.  God created us to walk alongside Him in a grand adventure called life that is not unlike taking a long hike through the rugged beauty of an untouched wilderness.  There will be ups, downs, hard stretches, beautiful views, restful places, rain, sunshine, but throughout it all, there is One beside us.  The enemy wants us to lay down in a mud puddle beside the path and stay there sulking over how miserable we are and will make that mud puddle as appealing as possible so we just want to stay there.   However, God wants us to get up, rinse off the mud,  and start walking forward on the adventure and quest He created us for.  That's who He created us to be.   :) Be willing to get out of the mud puddle and start hiking.   You are intended to be a special treasure of the Almighty even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Very good ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

22 hours ago, Worthlessloser said:

Oh Worthlessloser,

I hear you, for you are able to share your thoughts using words that come to my heart and I feel for you. You can lie down at night not fearing that a bomb may fall upon you, and I know that you have food for you are alive, I also know that you don`t want to be - scum, garbage, trash etc for those are a terrible way to live. Then I also know that you have been tricked by deceitful speakers who tell you that God wants this and that and you can have whatever.

So how about start from reality and see what you do have - life, a body with all its limbs, (many don`t) health, (somewhat) intelligence, (wrote that OP), food, clean water, home, shelter, family, friends, (perhaps), material things, desires.

So...now ask God what specific thing you need to change - some attitude, and work with Him to change that. Then as you do that more and more your heart attitude will change and so will your vision get clearer to what God is actually doing.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh Worthlessloser,

I hear you, for you are able to share your thoughts using words that come to my heart and I feel for you. You can lie down at night not fearing that a bomb may fall upon you, and I know that you have food for you are alive, I also know that you don`t want to be - scum, garbage, trash etc for those are a terrible way to live. Then I also know that you have been tricked by deceitful speakers who tell you that God wants this and that and you can have whatever.

So how about start from reality and see what you do have - life, a body with all its limbs, (many don`t) health, (somewhat) intelligence, (wrote that OP), food, clean water, home, shelter, family, friends, (perhaps), material things, desires.

So...now ask God what specific thing you need to change - some attitude, and work with Him to change that. Then as you do that more and more your heart attitude will change and so will your vision get clearer to what God is actually doing.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn......reminds me of a church sign.........want to get rich quick? Count your blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It's hard to respond well since we don't know your circumstances, but you're alive, you have food, shelter, electricity, internet access...how many billions in this world can't even say that? Instead of focusing on what you don't have and want, try thinking about the ways God has blessed you. You have to make a choice with your attitude. The Christian faith isn't a way to health and wealth; if you're looking to God just expecting Him to bless you with temporary, worldly things, you're barking up the wrong tree, friend.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

On 2/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, Worthlessloser said:

Hi Worth,

You got the wrong Idea. God is not going to deliver you from your circumstances.
What he will do instead is renew your mind by taking away the torment
Then you will be able  think clearly enough to make the right
decisions that will change your circumstances.

Ed J

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

God is love.  He loves you.  He walks with us through our sufferings.   When you are older, you will see how God was with you and did help you.  Please seek some kind, understanding pastor to pray with and talk to.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/23/2018 at 8:27 PM, Worthlessloser said:

First I'd like to ask if you have given your life to Christ, if you have. . .fantastic! If you have not, now is the time to consider it. But the words loser, worthless, pathetic, scum, garbage do NOT come from God. No, such words and feelings come from satan who is our adversary. He is always trying to drive a wedge between us and God and one of his tricks is to convince you that your a loser. Another trick in his bag is to get us into becoming jealous or envious of others by comparing ourselves with others. In this way he can rob us of our relationship with God and the joy of our salvation. It isn't good to compare yourself with others. Synonyms for “comparing yourself to others” is “envy” and “jealousy”

Comparing yourself . . . jealousy really; is a very heavy burden to try to carry and it robs you of any happiness and contentment in your life. Being jealous or envious of what others have causes you to stop seeing the good things that have happened in your life, because your so busy thinking about what others have, you lose sight of the good things you have and can do.

Everybody has different strengths and weaknesses. And your standard of measurement should not be dependent upon the attitudes and actions of others; instead your measurement should come from the word of God. Think and ponder on being content with who you are and what you already have and rely on your relationship with God and in doing so. . . you will experience the happiness, love and peace that comes from God.