• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, A comment

Taking in some CSPAN  call ins this morning, I heard a lady  purporting to be a teacher in a public school stating she walks around as she teaches  carrying a book, that she does not want to walk around carrying a gun, because if a shooter comes in thinking she is armed "who is the shooter going to shoot first?" 

I had to think about that one. And I get the image of a teacher that  hopes to be one of a crowd lowering odds that she personally will be the one shot and that maybe it will be higher odds that  a kid will be shot instead. That makes me think yet again, that there is a serious lacking, a spiritual or even  a simple  instinct that is missing among humans,  the one that even insects have  in the case of bees or wasps for they will protect the nest of the unhatched  of their species to their own death.

I do pray that we have not fallen away so far as to have less protective instinct for the good of our species, and  that we truly do not end up  thinking like that teacher ( presuming to caller to be legitimate, and expressing her real in her feelings).

And; yesterday at Dade City Florida an 18 old student was arrested with an rifle  and ammo at school in his truck.Could he really be that foolish as to innocently have shoot gun shells in th ebed of his truck plus an AR15 and ammo in the cab with the idea he was going ot go hunting?

He now is facing a felony charge. He is in deep trouble.

Think I need to be in prayer for humans to regain a bit of what used to be called common sense, and for all of us including myself to not have such a failing as to worry about self over the need of many. To hope that maybe a kid would be a target instead of me I a bit beyond my ability to grasp, but how far into self only it seems many have fallen I do worry  what about me would I fall like that too. I pray it is not the case should the time ever come, that I would not think that way, nor act it.

May there be in humans the instinct to protect, at least as strong as there is in insects like bees. May the Holy Spirit give many the strength to protect like a bee might protect.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I believe many teachers would protect. 

Also, way back when I went to high school, many guys had the two gun rack mounted in back window of their pickups. With rifles for all to see. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't think someone with an attitude like that needs to be a teacher.

The kid had an AR-15 in his truck? He really could have just planned on hunting, like hmbld suggested. i don't know why anyone would bring their hunting equipment with them to school, but hey.

I had a friend in high school who kept a machete in his trunk for protection. It's not like the area was particularly crime-ridden, but there were inconsistencies. One of those inconsistencies: football players. Because they played football, they could pretty much do no wrong in the eyes of both the school and the law. One day, as he was pulling up to school, the FB players started hurling stones and insults. His car was dented, they cracked his driver side window and windshield, and he had a few bruises from where they threw stones at him. In an attempt to scare them off and protect himself, he popped his trunk and grabbed his machete. He didn't attack anyone, but he still got expelled and sent off to juvi. The FB players did no wrong and the cops overlooked the physical evidence cause the car was "in poor condition" and my friend appeared to be "one of those".

Maybe the kid brought the AR-15 for protection, like my friend did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Years back, maybe twenty, my son was on the county 4 H rifle  team here in Texas, I was a coach. Two members of the team were coming to the weekly practice, and one remembered he had to stop at the high school to pick up some lessons. While they were in the school, someone saw the twenty two single shot, low velocity  rifles laying on the back seat, and reported it. The boys were arrested, removed from school, and kicked off the team.  Two really great kids, teenagers, involved in all the 4H programs, with a great future. Now with a record. Panic run awry,  and no common sense to the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BrutalHeart said:

Statistics show that if you place a sign outside of your home warning that you have a security system installed, the chances of your home being burglarized decreases greatly. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you have to use it; after all, if the cowards who wish to take the lives of innocent children know that you have a gun, they aren't likely to show up anyway. Whether it's a thief or a murderer, they are looking to cause trouble, not get into it. To get a big score with as little risk as possible. Better for the tiger to attack the tired and fat prey at the back of the herd, rather than the energetic and quarrelsome prey at the front. 

Besides which, side point, even if they don't have a gun, they're likely to shoot that teacher first anyway; being cowardly, anyone who isn't a kid is a threat in their eyes.

Someone bucked those statistics at my home.  I won't bore with the details,  we pretty well know who it was. But ya know, I am so glad he didn't enter while I was home and put me into situation where I  would end up hurting a neighbor's kid too. So God blesses, perhaps both the kid and me. I am thankful. Praise God for that kindness.

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

I believe many teachers would protect. 

Also, way back when I went to high school, many guys had the two gun rack mounted in back window of their pickups. With rifles for all to see. 

I absolutely know many teachers will protect. Two did and two died among the 17 recently killed. They were heroic.

Yes, there used to be no real issue with gun racks in  trucks, but that was yesterday, long long ago.  Seems to be a different nation today. 

Now, as I saw in front of me on the road, one person drives too slow in the fast lane for a mile then turns left. The convertible behind them pulls left stops and the driver sets up, and fires a pistol round at them.

Evidently  things are different  today. I don't know, but it seems to me I have to deal with today as I find it, more than I can just lament about yesterday and how, "Those Were The Days".

In a very brutalized nation there seems to be a need for something to change. I think most on the board know that and what it is too. We need revival of grand proportion, a wave of turning to God.

In the meantime perhaps an AR15 in the truck  at school may not be the thing to earn extra credit towards one's own wellbeing. And yes, it could very well wreck one's near future when charged with a felony.

I think my Bible gives me the idea that I need respect the law, government's laws, that I am to go the extra mile in doing so,  even when it is oppressive to me.

I may want to have that gun rack and two weapons in it  behind my seat in my PU, but maybe I should instead obey the  local rules, not for my sake, but so that I do not give the enemy an opening to use against me, ruining my own testimony, bringing potential shame to the name of my Lord and savior Jesus. For that  reason I don't rail against it as my own testimony and my example of how a Christian does all things to the glory of God. Maybe I forego my absolute right,for the better testimony I might present by surrendering  at least a bit  and trusting in God for my safety  or at least my salvation and  total security  for eternity forward.

So can I do without demanding my absolute right to the extreme limit of  my privilege, my right,  in order to  perhaps be in better standing for the sharing of the gospel? Perhaps. Perhaps I can. Perhaps I should.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, A comment

Taking in some CSPAN  call ins this morning, I heard a lady  purporting to be a teacher in a public school stating she walks around as she teaches  carrying a book, that she does not want to walk around carrying a gun, because if a shooter comes in thinking she is armed "who is the shooter going to shoot first?" 

I had to think about that one. And I get the image of a teacher that  hopes to be one of a crowd lowering odds that she personally will be the one shot and that maybe it will be higher odds that  a kid will be shot instead. That makes me think yet again, that there is a serious lacking, a spiritual or even  a simple  instinct that is missing among humans,  the one that even insects have  in the case of bees or wasps for they will protect the nest of the unhatched  of their species to their own death.

I do pray that we have not fallen away so far as to have less protective instinct for the good of our species, and  that we truly do not end up  thinking like that teacher ( presuming to caller to be legitimate, and expressing her real in her feelings).

And; yesterday at Dade City Florida an 18 old student was arrested with an rifle  and ammo at school in his truck.Could he really be that foolish as to innocently have shoot gun shells in th ebed of his truck plus an AR15 and ammo in the cab with the idea he was going ot go hunting?

He now is facing a felony charge. He is in deep trouble.

Think I need to be in prayer for humans to regain a bit of what used to be called common sense, and for all of us including myself to not have such a failing as to worry about self over the need of many. To hope that maybe a kid would be a target instead of me I a bit beyond my ability to grasp, but how far into self only it seems many have fallen I do worry  what about me would I fall like that too. I pray it is not the case should the time ever come, that I would not think that way, nor act it.

May there be in humans the instinct to protect, at least as strong as there is in insects like bees. May the Holy Spirit give many the strength to protect like a bee might protect.

Just a personal observation and view of indoctrination and the mindset of liberalism I've personally gathered and believe.

Liberalism is all about me, me, me, and a collective Utopian hive void of any self initiative to get ahead by risk and hard work. They believe that what you earned, saved and have is to be shared equally between society. It's more than obvious, career politicians and ranking government employees are not there as 'public servant's, but for power, prestige, all leading to eventual wealth and influence for personal objectives and agenda's. 

Generally speaking and with few exceptions in my observations, liberals (blue's) are takers and not givers. All polls show Democrat's and liberals give much less percentage wise of their incomes to charity (not political causes) than the general population, conservatives, Christians and independents.  

It's my contention the vast majority of liberal's are cowards with yellow dripping off their backs. They won't personally intervene in anything with risk to self, they hire body guards and protection and pass laws to forbid you to protect yourself. Look at just one of those liberals, Nancy Pelosi,  you just don't know what stupid nonsense will come out of her mouth next. She still thinks George W. Bush is still president! That's representative with government in general, they're blinded.

One last statement: As I previously stated, politicians are not in Washington to serve their constituents. That the overwhelming majority of Democrat's / liberals are takers and not givers. Look at the percentage of the swamp in Washington, D.C. (Congress) that are not military veterans and / or patriots. I'll refrain from talking about John Kerry and John McCain and their service.

Liberalism is a disease. The disease is satanic and fleshly in nature. The cure is in God through Jesus Christ and prayer for our nation.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

CSPAN and CPAC are close enough for me to make another observation. 

Used car salesmen and pawn shop owners, what do they both have in common? What honor ability or credibility does one Rick Harrison (of Pawn Star fame) bring to the table in politics? Who's next in line?