Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

One very consistent characteristic of the post-tribulation crowd is their comprehensively  purposed  obsession with self .

To them a rapture of any form  be it " pre" , or be it  "post"  has to be all about US , WE , OUR  according to them .

It just has to be . 

It is either about getting OUR faith straightened out ,  giving US the opportunity to impress God  ,  giving US the chance to escape persecution , giving US the chance to save our skins , giving US

the chance to show God what really magnificent martyrs WE are ,,,,etc,etc,etc, so on & so forth ,,,,,.

Never does it occur to them in their self -indulgent theology   that the rapture is not about THEM, US at all .  It is about God and what God is about to accomplish after getting our busy bodies out of

the way .

Rather it is either about God being dazzled by how magnificent and amazing WE are   , or about US saving OUR skins .

Their meekness level being not even detectable . 

It makes you wonder if they have ever gotten  past the idea of God creating the heavens and the earth without them .

" O the depth of the riches both of wisdom and the knowledge of God , how unsearchable are his judgments and His 

ways past finding out ! "          (  Romans 11 :33 ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

What a very saddening post to read, not because of whom you are writing about, but because of your heart.  Am I to assume that you know every single person well enough to say that those who believe in the "post-tribulation" are all like this, or did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

What a very saddening post to read, not because of whom you are writing about, but because of your heart.  Am I to assume that you know every single person well enough to say that those who believe in the "post-tribulation" are all like this, or did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

So you don't see the tribulation as  being pitched by post-trib people as being overwhelmingly  about US and our presence in the tribulation ?

Really ? 

There are plenty of Post-Trib threads going on right now , what do you see as the primary purpose for US being in the midst of the tribulation as being portrayed in them ?

No, I do not.  I have been in these type of discussion for decades and though there are some out there that may come close to how you view them, I do not see them in such a light.  To me, those who believe in the post tribulation rapture are just warning people not to get so lax in their ways as to continue thinking they will miss all the trials and tribulation that would be headed their way.  This sounds more like concern than vanity.   I also do take into consideration that there are a lot of people who post that do not express themselves well in writing.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

To me, those who believe in the post tribulation rapture are just warning people not to get so lax in their ways as to continue thinking they will miss all the

" Warning people "   prior to any tribulation has nothing to do with the topic of this thread as  stated .

The subject stated is our role or perceived role within the tribulation " pre" or " post ".

5 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

" Warning people "   prior to any tribulation has nothing to do with the topic of this thread as  stated .

The subject stated is our role or perceived role within the tribulation " pre" or " post ".

No, your OP just bashes people you don't like.  There is no question asked, no discussion started, just condemnation to a group of people you dismiss, making them sound narcissistic.

What about those who are mid or pre-wrath?  Why leave them out?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

No, your OP just bashes people you don't like.  There is no question asked, no discussion started, just condemnation to a group of people you dismiss, making them sound narcissistic.

How is  disputing the common portrayal of pre-trib Christians as seeking cowardly escape , from persecution , death, etc,etc ..  " bashing " anyone ?

Lets discuss this particular ? 

26 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

How is  disputing the common portrayal of pre-trib Christians as seeking cowardly escape , from persecution , death, etc,etc ..  " bashing " anyone ?

Lets discuss this particular ? 

Read your own words again.  This time, read them as if you never knew what the writer was trying to say, without any preconceived ideas. You will see the condemnation in your own statements.  Not once did you try to even compare the two with scripture.  You just went on and on about what you perceived to be in the hearts and minds of those whom you call "post-tribulation" people.

Open it up with a comparison, inviting people to discuss, instead of line after line of judgemental statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Read your own words again.  This time, read them as if you never knew what the writer was trying to say, without any preconceived ideas. You will see the condemnation in your own statements.  Not once did you try to even compare the two with scripture.  You just went on and on about what you perceived to be in the hearts and minds of those whom you call "post-tribulation" people.

Open it up with a comparison, inviting people to discuss, instead of line after line of judgemental statements.

I see .

The  quite common "bashing"  portrayal  of pre-tribbers as seeking cowardly escape from persecution and death , being neither  judgmental  or condemnatory in nature 

should give no cause for any  objection or unpacking from the person being bashed ?

Any objection and looking into the source of the  badge of coward being awarded them on the contrary being quite judgmental & condemnatory .

How magnanimous of you .

2 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I see .

The  quite common "bashing"  portrayal  of pre-tribbers as seeking cowardly escape from persecution and death , being neither  judgmental  or condemnatory in nature 

should give no cause for any  objection or unpacking from the person being bashed ?

Any objection and looking into the source of the  badge of coward awarded them on the contrary being quite judgmental & condemnatory .

How magnanimous of you .

Again, you are trying to group people into one mindset.  Have I accused you of being on either side?  Have I stated that you were cowardly or that you are all about yourself in pride?    I have done neither, yet you seem to want to pick a fight.  Why is that?