shapes

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

There are many people who believe in Jesus, but they are not convinced that they are saved. They believe that they are going to go to hell instead of heaven.

What is going on here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, shapes said:

There are many people who believe in Jesus, but they are not convinced that they are saved. They believe that they are going to go to hell instead of heaven.

What is going on here?

Believing IN Jesus isn't enough to be saved.   You actually have to believe Jesus and what He said and repent of your sin and trust Him as your Lord and Savior.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:
7 hours ago, shapes said:

What is going on here?

Believing IN Jesus isn't enough to be saved.   You actually have to believe Jesus and what He said and repent of your sin and trust Him as your Lord and Savior.   

So true!  Scripture speaks of this in James 2:19 where believing is not enough.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, shapes said:

What is going on here?

I think the root of this problem can be found in the modern day version of the altar call.  The one on one counseling that was once a customary action has been lost and diminished to singular verses that don't begin to touch on what the true meaning is.  For example, belief in and of itself does not meet the standards according to scripture.  Here is an example of what I mean.

James 2:19  You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Luke 4:41  And demons also came out of many, crying, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.

Clearly even these demons know who He is, and believe, but that does not make them saved.  So what is it that people are not being told?

Hebrews  11  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

I highly recommend you invest in a complete reading of Hebrews 11 for further clarification.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I think the root of this problem can be found in the modern day version of the altar call.  The one on one counseling that was once a customary action has been lost and diminished to singular verses that don't begin to touch on what the true meaning is.  For example, belief in and of itself does not meet the standards according to scripture.  Here is an example of what I mean.

James 2:19  You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Luke 4:41  And demons also came out of many, crying, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.

Clearly even these demons know who He is, and believe, but that does not make them saved.  So what is it that people are not being told?

Hebrews  11  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

I highly recommend you invest in a complete reading of Hebrews 11 for further clarification.

God bless

Belief in Gods promises is what saves.....the demons decided to believe Satan .....the rest is history...

• Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Belief in Gods promises is what saves

Hebrews 11 covers this as well, it is by faith.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

One chapter where man gets any glory........”heroes of faith”....... I noticed there is no chapter in the Bible about heroes of commandment keepers......can we take away anything from that I wonder?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:
2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

One chapter where man gets any glory........”heroes of faith”....... I noticed there is no chapter in the Bible about heroes of commandment keepers......can we take away anything from that I wonder?

Man does not get the glory at all.  Nobody would have this faith if it were not given to them from God.  He gets the glory.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I don't see where man gets any glory, so not sure I am following you here.  Out of curiosity though, what would be the difference between inferring man gets credit for having faith as opposed to man being credited for belief?  I do know scripture says this.

Hebrews 11:6  And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.

And in respect to anyone who draws near to God, again, scripture makes it clear the credit and glory is God's alone.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1