• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/24/2018 at 12:37 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

They do not understand the Source of their Salvation.They are trying to trust “their” performance with its ups and downs instead of the Perfect Performance thAt was finished on their behalf by Jesus on the Cross,shedding His Blood .

Exactly.  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Christians who have no assurance of their salvation, are believers who do not understand their Salvation.

The reason they are confused about it, is because they don't understand the Blood Atonement, and the reason they dont understand the Blood Atonement, is because they dont understand the Grace of God.

The simplest way to understand your Eternal Salvation, is to recognize that Salvation is not a plan, and its not a method, =  it is a SAVIOR.

Your Salvation, is Jesus., and this is why you are told "Jesus SAVES".

He IS your salvation, and He is your Eternal Life and If you have Him, (if you are born again), then have all of this given to you.

Salvation is not something you do, and its not something you earn,  but rather its something you receive, its something that God supplies, and its an eternal gift.

Another way to think of it is this...... Salvation is what allows you and what equips you to be able to go to heaven as God's family member.

So, what is it that keeps you out of heaven, is what Salvation solves for you so that you can go.

And this is SIN.

Sin, is what keep you out of heaven, and out of fellowship with God,........ and Salvation, (Jesus on a Cross) is what solves the Sin issue for you, by paying for your sin, and when this happens, (the moment you are born again)

all your Sin is gone, and God's Righteousness has become your new Eternal Identity , as your new Heavenly ID is "in Christ", "Son of God".

• This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

A lot of people also believe that once saved always saved. I myself don't believe that, but people do.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 2/24/2018 at 8:26 PM, shapes said:

There are many people who believe in Jesus, but they are not convinced that they are saved. They believe that they are going to go to hell instead of heaven.

What is going on here?

Who told you that? We hope that we will go to heaven and we try to act accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/24/2018 at 11:26 AM, shapes said:

There are many people who believe in Jesus, but they are not convinced that they are saved. They believe that they are going to go to hell instead of heaven.

What is going on here?

:sherlock:

Would Jesus Lie

"Truly, truly, I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24 (New Heart English Bible)

Or Would The Devil....

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44 (New American Standard Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

We know God cannot lie,

KJV.

Titus 1:2, In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

I take it 'we know we will go to heaven because Jesus acted accordingly on our behalf'.

And by "act accordingly" I mean that we try to behave properly and repent when we are doing something wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 2/25/2018 at 4:26 AM, shapes said:

What is going on here?

Some people base their confidence in salvation upon how worthy they feel of salvation...

Of course if one believes Jesus then they believe their salvation is based on the worthiness of Jesus and His Atoning Sacrifice on the cross..

So some people need to escape that works salvation mindset which makes them think their salvation is based on how righteous they are feeling at any given moment..

Putting your confidence in your salvation upon Jesus is like putting your confidence on a Rock..

Putting your confidence in your salvation upon yourself is like putting you confidence on quicksand..

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

23 hours ago, vlad said:

Who told you that? We hope that we will go to heaven and we try to act accordingly.

I disagree Vlad..

A Christian should Know they are going to be with God in eternity.. Not just hope..  If you place your confidence in the righteousness of Jesus then you can be supremely confident that you will be with Him forever and ever..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Adstar said:

I disagree Vlad..

A Christian should Know they are going to be with God in eternity.. Not just hope..  If you place your confidence in the righteousness of Jesus then you can be supremely confident that you will be with Him forever and ever..

You must be a very good person. I think you are not weak  and you are not rich. But you will agree there are different pitfalls with others. A person who believes that he will be in Heaven by all means may sometimes lose vigilance and commit bad sins without repentance, even without knowing it. It concerns mainly those people who have much power and on whom many people depend. For some sins are tricky and a person might think that he is not sinning. Take the list of sins and you will see that our life is a constant fight with our own weaknesses. There is not a person without sin but only repentance is not enough. A sin should not be repeated. There are pitfalls all around and if we are not afraid to do something really wrong then there is no guarantee where we would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Vlad, I believe Scripture teaches that we are saved on account of His perfect obedience, not ours...

Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
(Rom 5:18-19)

I think being a Christian is not only about what we believe but also about what we do.  What I really mean in this thread is that it is very easy to stop being a Christian without even knowing it. Do you agree with that? If a person calls himself a Christian and theoretically agrees with the Scripture that is not all. That does not automatically make him a Christian nor does it take him to Paradise. That would have been too easy to be a Christian. Do you think all Christians are Christians forever whatever they do? It is not easy to be a Christian. In fact you quote: so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. 

That is the point. But who says that it is easy to become righteous? Or is not automatic. It is a constant fight with what is bad in us. There is so much work to be done.

• Thumbs Up 1