• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Being a Christian involves being born again. (Are you familiar with that?) And what we do is based on what we believe. Once a person is born again, he is a new creation never to essentially become part of the old.

We are fist declared righteous and made His, THEN He begins the cleaning process.

May be Christians are many but those who are born again (true Christians) are not so many. The world would have been a different place if all those millions of Christians had really been born again. Or may be they think that the  cleaning process can be conveniently stretched?

Matthew 25:41-46 

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

The Church is not on earth during the tribulation.

So some maintain!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

The judgment above takes place after the great tribulation and is a judgment on the nations (v32) and are judged by how they treated the believing jews (one of these brothers of mine v.40) during that 7 year period... The Church is not on earth during the tribulation.

Are you familiar with 'born again'?

Yes, the judgement. That will tell where we go exactly, everyone of the living or dead.  Yes, to mistreat  Jewish  people  is a sin even if they are not believing for if some of them begin to believe what shall we say.. And there will not be any church after the judgement.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, vlad said:

You must be a very good person.

No i am not good.. I believe Jesus when he said only God is Good.. Salvation is Not secured by being very good.. It is secured by being very forgiven..

I think you are not weak  and you are not rich. But you will agree there are different pitfalls with others. A person who believes that he will be in Heaven by all means may sometimes lose vigilance and commit bad sins without repentance, even without knowing it.

Our sins ( except for blasphemy of the Holy Spirit ) do not disqualify us from being gifted Eternity with God in his perfect existence..  Again this works mindset about having to be a very good person is a stumbling stone on the path to eternity and many people seem to be stumbling upon it..

It concerns mainly those people who have much power and on whom many people depend. For some sins are tricky and a person might think that he is not sinning. Take the list of sins and you will see that our life is a constant fight with our own weaknesses. There is not a person without sin but only repentance is not enough. A sin should not be repeated. There are pitfalls all around and if we are not afraid to do something really wrong then there is no guarantee where we would be.

You are totally locked into a works salvation mindset Vlad.. If you don't escape this bondage you will never accept salvation in the way God is offering it... As a loving free gift to those who believe Jesus and trust 100% in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. Not in their feeble and doomed to fail efforts at being good..

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

Have you read all this thread? I respect your point of view though I have a different opinion. What really worries me is that having read what you have written an outsider might think that it is so easy to be a Christian. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Adstar said:

No i am not good.. I believe Jesus when he said only God is Good.. Salvation is Not secured by being very good.. It is secured by being very forgiven..

Our sins ( except for blasphemy of the Holy Spirit ) do not disqualify us from being gifted Eternity with God in his perfect existence..  Again this works mindset about having to be a very good person is a stumbling stone on the path to eternity and many people seem to be stumbling upon it..

You are totally locked into a works salvation mindset Vlad.. If you don't escape this bondage you will never accept salvation in the way God is offering it... As a loving free gift to those who believe Jesus and trust 100% in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. Not in their feeble and doomed to fail efforts at being good..

May be Christians are many but those who are born again (true Christians) are not so many. The world would have been a different place if all those millions of Christians had really been born again. Or may be they think that the  cleaning process can be conveniently stretched?

Matthew 25:41-46 

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

My question to you is this: Is it easy to be righteous? It is difficult for me. Does it not take efforts? What about temptations of this world? My impression is still that some people are already very clean (unlike me). Would you advise me to change my ways and now that I am a Christian take things easy. And what if I fall into temptation? Can I be sure  in advance  that it would be enough to repent and repeat this again and repent and so on? Will I not be  lead into temptation and sin with this mindset?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, shapes said:

There are many people who believe in Jesus, but they are not convinced that they are saved. They believe that they are going to go to hell instead of heaven.

What is going on here?

The whole phrase "going to hell" means so many different things to so many different people, I don't like using it. In this case I assume what you mean is that they don't believe they will receive what Jesus promised to His sheep: Eternal life.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I guess I didn't make it clear. The Church (believers since Pentecost to the rapture) will NOT take part in that Judgment of Mt 25. Matthew 25 takes place after the great tribulation and after the rapture...

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
(Joh 5:24)

I did not say that the Church would take part in it, did I?

6 hours ago, Adstar said:

I guess that "works mindset" is a good catch phrase but I am talking about efforts. As you know moral efforts may be harder than daily work.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

We can never be righteous enough to enter heaven. It takes the PERFECT righteousness of Jesus Christ which he gives freely (by declaring them righteous,  though many flaws still exist) to those who acknowledge their sinfulness and their need for HIM as Savior.

I did not say that only being righteous was the way to heaven. I mean that trying hard to be righteous and making efforts to withstand sin is indispensable for a Christian. I am sure you are trying to be just and good and righteous. May be it is easy and natural for you. As for me it takes efforts.