• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1953

I was just trying to think of a lighthearted question to ask so I can graduate from newbie purgatory.  I've never actually wondered about this before but when it popped into my head I realized I wasn't at all sure what a Christian might think about this.  

As a nonbeliever I don't think we exist at all until we are assembled in the womb.  Likewise when we die I think that is the end of me (and I already know what a Christian would think about that).

So is there an official Christian position on the pre-birth status of souls?  Does God make each one fresh at the moment of conception, or is there a place where unborn souls hang out until it is their turn?  Did God complete creation on the 7th day or is He still at it where new souls are concerned?

Hey thanks for the reply, Yowm.  I still don't have a reply box available to respond to what you said but I did appreciate your response.  I suspect that would be how most Christians would answer.  Would it be cheeky to ask whether He has sent the seeds of creation forward in the DNA?

Edited by whateverist
Still can't figure out how to respond in a thread when I don't see a quote option.