• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I believe if I truly loved someone, I would fear doing or saying anything that would bring reproach on the one I loved. In that sense we are to fear Him, but as far as Him condemning us, we should not fear that, as we will not be judged but have passed from death to life (Jn 5:24) and there is no condemnation to those who are IN Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1)

WHO walk AFTER THE SPIRIT and NOT the flesh.    lets no forget that part .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

3 hours ago, Butero said:

If they have perfect love for God and their neighbor, they won't sin, so there is no need to fear punishment.

Yes.   and we know this too.   Be not highminded but fear ,  for if God spared not the natural branches ya better TAKE HEED

lest he SPARE NOT YOU EITHER .    

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That part is added by the KJ translators and is not in the majority of manuscripts. In any case, we who are His do by the new nature walk after the Spirit as He is the One leading and guiding us unlike the natural man devoid of the Spirit.

Joh 5:24  Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

...very same idea as 'there is therefore no condemnation.'

I love ya yowm.   but that sounds like mans invention.    I bet it came from certain teachers.    No its all over and not just their where paul talks about Following

the Spirit and not the flesh.   besides  destruction of the flesh..................ouch we sure would not want that .   

God will chasten us .    Let us simply OBEY the SPIRIT .  

Just now, Yowm said:

I backed up my stance with Scripture, you didn't, and you call mine 'man's invention'? Okay Frienduff, whatever. 

NO.  you made it seem like the kjv version is wrong .  you backed it with another bible.

I notice something about some of these newer versions .........they sure are starting to try and make the kjv seem not all right .

Rather odd though .   hmm.     wonder why that is .       But then again ,  I don't really have to wonder at all.  Their has been an

agenda for years to try and corrupt christanity .    Man ,  if ya cant get them out of the bible..........hmm,  how to do it..........OH YEAH

make new ones and start changing stuff.     Yowm I love ya.  so the last thing I want to do is just strive , strive , strive.

But do be careful for some of the newer bible and specially they footnotes.    WOW ,  I have seen some serious bad footnotes saying things like this or thatwas not in the original.

You should see some of those .   AN AGENDA.      oh yeah and its not a new one either  .  

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

That part is added by the KJ translators and is not in the majority of manuscripts. 

That is a lie, straight from the pits of hell.  I have in my possession, a New King James Bible.  The reason I mention that is because it does serve one purpose, and that is to tell me what manuscripts left something out.  In this case, the majority of manuscripts include the verse you are speaking of.  The only two that don't are the Alexandrian and Egyptian manuscripts that the modern English abominations use as their starting point.  There was a time where people could get away with this kind of nonsense, claiming that the majority left things out that are in the KJV Bible, but as it turns out, there is only a single verse that this can be said of, and that is 1 John 5:7.  Even in that case, nobody can prove it doesn't belong, or that the KJV translators added it.  It just happens that this is the one verse where the majority of manuscripts doesn't have it, but in every single other instance, the majority contain every verse found in the KJV Bible.  Knowledge is power.  I have done my research.  

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

I started with a response to the OP and instead of you making your own response you come on and challenge me with a topic that is rather off topic...typical. You say you don't want to strive but here you go again.

I am not one given to conspiracy theories about the boogey man messing with the King James. It is a fact that that section of Rom 8:1 is not in the majority of manuscripts that archaeologists have uncovered. (I can read some Greek).

If you think  the KJV is the only version acceptable by God that is your prerogative. You still haven't shown me how you reconcile  John 5:24 KJV with Rom 8:1 KJV.

It doesn't matter if you can read Greek fluently, what you said is a lie.  The majority of manuscripts do include the entire verse of Romans 8:1 as found in the KJV Bible, as this is backed up by the NKJV Bible that states that only the Egyptian and Alexandrian manuscripts, the most recent discoveries, leave that out.  People were spreading this lie for years, and I had no way to refute it, but I decided to investigate this myself.  I went to the Christian Book Store and bought a bunch of translations of the Bible to compare them.  The one that was most useful turned out to be the NKJV Bible, because they document where changes were made in some translations and why.  They tell which manuscripts contain them and which leave them out.  I reject anything that comes out of the modern English translations.  They are the work of the devil, intended to destroy people's faith in God's Word and destroy the canon.  They have done a pretty good job, as you have said what we choose to accept is all subjective.  I choose to believe every word of every verse in my KJV Bible belongs there, and no devils or false teachers will change my mind.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, sotphmfm said:

Years ago, I was in an abusive relationship, this was a physical and emotional fear. Therefore, I have no respect for someone that I fear because of this past. I am trying to put into perspective the differences if there are any. 

I understand your problem.  I usually talk to God as my heavenly Daddy and my friend.  But when He chastened me I found myself outside of that tender relationship.  He chastened me so that I would not be lost through self righteousness and pride, and it was definitely for my good.  Fear of losing that tender relationship makes me think twice before sinning now, and I frequently do attitude checks and ask God if their is sin in my heart.   I remember my own dad giving me a good spanking when he thought I was stealing from him.  Yes, my mom often spanked me but when my dad did it I was sure I was not going to survive.  The difference between God's chastening and abuse is that His chastening is for our good.  Abuse is to vent the anger or hatred of the the abuser.  God doesn't do that to His kids.  He eventually will avenge His kids of all the wrongs done to them as well as all who have rejected His salvation.  That also will be much different than the way He treats us.  

Heb 12:6  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."

Heb 12:7  It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

Heb 12:8  If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Heb 12:9  Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

Heb 12:10  For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.

Heb 12:11  For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:12  Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees,

Heb 12:13  and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

19 minutes ago, Willa said:

I usually talk to God as my heavenly Daddy and my friend.  But when He chastened me I found myself outside of that tender relationship.  He chastened me so that I would not be lost through self righteousness and pride, and it was definitely for my good.  Fear of losing that tender relationship makes me think twice before sinning now, and I frequently do attitude checks and ask God if their is sin in my heart.

Yes, there have been times when I felt so close to God that it was as if He was walking with me every day and every where I went. There are other times when things would go very wrong. I would pray for God to help, thanking Him even though I didn't know why this was happening. He always came through in His time. As I look back, I realize it was times when I had drifted that things would go wrong and times when I gave up (on worrying about the issue) that things would go right. But I don't stay close because of fear, I stay close because I like the feeling of His love. I like knowing He is there protecting me and leading me. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, sotphmfm said:

But I don't stay close because of fear, I stay close because I like the feeling of His love. I like knowing He is there protecting me and leading me. 

This is good.   It is His Love that is Perfect,  not ours (until He accomplishes this in us).   Meanwhile, we can perfectly rest in trusting and relying on Him, in His Faithfulness , not in ourselves.    In fact and in truth,  note that in His Word, the ekklesia are blessed (given) daily, continually, with peace, joy and righteousness that no circumstance from outside them or around them can take away,  unless in something like Balaam's error as also noted clearly in Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

rom81.JPG

δρόμο να διανύσουμε, Yowm!..............:D