Debra1993

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I spent some more time doing research regarding my initial question on "end time" thoughts.

Below is a link that is a good indicator to what I was originally inquiring  about an end time timeline.

https://www.scribd.com/document/370450702/dr-jeremiah-revelation-prophecy-chart-pdf (This layout is a good place for me to start for I believe its form is what is taught at my church. )

As I consider everyone's comments I can see how the scriptures suggested and a look at current history could fit into sections of the chart.

Does anyone have a straightforward answer as to what is the purpose of the new heaven and the new earth? Somehow that piece is a little fuzzy to me. Why would we need a new heaven and a new earth after we have been raptured into heaven?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Debra1993 said:

I spent some more time doing research regarding my initial question on "end time" thoughts.

Below is a link that is a good indicator to what I was originally inquiring  about an end time timeline.

https://www.scribd.com/document/370450702/dr-jeremiah-revelation-prophecy-chart-pdf (This layout is a good place for me to start for I believe its form is what is taught at my church. )

As I consider everyone's comments I can see how the scriptures suggested and a look at current history could fit into sections of the chart.

Does anyone have a straightforward answer as to what is the purpose of the new heaven and the new earth? Somehow that piece is a little fuzzy to me. Why would we need a new heaven and a new earth after we have been raptured into heaven?

Hi Debra,

Good to see a thoughtful OP. Now the highlighted part is music to my ears. This is the last great truth that has to be clarified by the Holy Spirit to the Body of Christ.

I can see that you have been taught there is only heaven or hell. Well that has been a simplification of preachers when presenting the gospel. And really that is the crux of the matter when sharing about Jesus and His sacrificial death for us. However there is more to God`s purposes than just saving us. We tend to think not only the world revolves around us but that all of God`s purposes revolve around us. We even tend to think that everything in God`s word is all for us, when actually it is not. Reality it is written for us to read BUT it is not all about us.

This is a huge subject and would need its own thread, however I will give you a quick summary.

In Ephesians we learn that God`s purpose is to bring all things together in, under Christ. (Eph. 1: 10) Now those all things are realms, visible and invisible etc (Col. 1: 16) and God desires that His Son be recognised ruler in every one of those realms - the third heaven, the Universe and the earth.

When God made man he didn`t have an oops when Adam & Eve messed up. Eventually there still will be mankind on earth, the new earth. Those are people who have never heard the gospel but knew there was a God by the heavens declarations, and lived according to their God-given conscience. They will be judged at the Great White Throne according to their works (as they did not have an opportunity to know Jesus). (Rev. 20: 12) We see these people on the new earth in Rev. 21; 24. God is gracious and merciful even to those who never knew Jesus.

Then of course there are the other areas. Well I better leave all that to its own thread. Hope I have stirred up your interest.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

The new heavens and a new earth are the Lords's renovation of the same .... He will simply change what is already in place for eternity 

Also Debra, I looked at The Revelation prophecy Chart (by Dr. Jeremiah)  and although I agree with much of it I see that he has the seals, the trumpets and the bowls in sequence. I, however believe, (& was taught) that -

1. The 7 Seals are the Overview.

2. The 7 trumpets are for the full trib,

3. The 7 Bowls are for the last past of the trib.

Thus they are overlapping. Marilyn.

Just now, Daniel 11:36 said:

The new heavens and a new earth are the Lords's renovation of the same .... He will simply change what is already in place for eternity 

Good answer Daniel,

and may I add that the rulership is what will be changed in each area.

Marilyn.

Only the Lord will rule in that day and forever

Just now, Daniel 11:36 said:

Only the Lord will rule in that day and forever

Amen, and amen and those with whom He has to rule and reign with Him in each of those realms.

Amen

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,684
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Unfortunately, those who hold to a rapture to heaven before the Lord's wrath upon the nations, will be surprised and shocked when that doesn't happen and they remain on earth.  We must face this great test by fire, as 1 Peter 4:12 and Revelation 13:10 and many others tell us.

I admire Dr Jeremiah as a godly preacher, but he isn't infallible and his beliefs about a rapture is wrong and unbiblical. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Debra1993 said:

Does anyone have a straightforward answer as to what is the purpose of the new heaven and the new earth?

The current state of the heavens and earth are not so good, they too suffer from the curse.

Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

You also need to keep in mind, that when you see the word heavens, there are different aspects to it.  You have the sky you can look up and see, with clouds and birds.  You have outer space, where all of the planets and stars are found.  And you also have the place where God resides.

7 hours ago, Debra1993 said:

Why would we need a new heaven and a new earth after we have been raptured into heaven?

Earth was cleansed once by water, and will be purified in the future by fire.  It requires purification in preparation for what is to come.  In regards to the rapture, scripture states that we are gathered together in the air, or the clouds.  The only way one goes to heaven is when they die, come the end, when the new heaven and earth arrive, God is coming down here.

Revelation 21  Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God."

God bless