shapes

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

You cannot leave Christianity behind any more than you can leave the sky behind.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shapes said:

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

What if the one who prayed and attended church and coundn't do all those little things and read the Bible from back to front but never accepted the Love of the truth of the Gospel ? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

What if you just accepted who you are and allowed God do work in you His will for your life, realizing you are not the only person with mental issues who seek God?

What if you approached the relationship you sought with no other expectations that to be accepted the way you are?

What if you were grateful you could cook, even if it were a struggle, as some people can't even do that much?

What if you sought Him, instead of knowledge through His words, accepting that we, mere humans, will never fully understand God?

What if you approached God without any expectations but to be accepted as you are?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, shapes said:

The bible tells us... all people have sinned. Not just certain individuals. There is not one person on this earth that has not sinned in one way or another. All stand hushed before God and deserve condemnation. But what you have missed is the gospel (good news) God has shown us a different way to heaven; not by “being good enough” and trying to keep his laws, but by a new way (though not new, really, for the Scriptures told about it long ago). Now God says he will accept and acquit us declare us “not guilty” if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like. Yes, all have sinned; all fall short of God’s glorious ideal; yet now God declares us “not guilty” of offending him if we trust in Jesus Christ, who in his kindness freely takes away our sins. For God sent Christ Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to end all God’s anger against us. He used Christ’s blood and our faith as the means of saving us from his wrath (condemnation).

A lot of people struggle with what is said in the above paragraph because they want their problems to go away, but not their sins. They want to hang onto the sins. We have to be willing to let go of those and allow God to cleanse our hearts from sinfulness. Jesus Christ is the only name under all heaven for which we can call upon to save us. If you place your trust in him to save you. You surely will NOT be disappointed. No one else can do this. If you have placed your trust in man, you will always be disappointed.

We live in a messed up world; because the world has fallen from God's grace through sin. Those who except God's plan of salvation are assured that is spite of it all, whether we have emotional, physical or financial hardships he will always be with us. He will always be there to comfort us. He will never leave us or forsake us.

In closing of this post, I want to add that as far as health issues go. We have two choices, we can either make the best of things in our lives in regards to health issues or we can feel sorry for ourselves. May I encourage you to click on the link below which will take you to the video section to watch a young lady with no right hand, make the most of a difficult situation to play the piano.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I wish I could remember where and who I heard this story from sometime back, but it's a factual account.

A man was involved in an explosion and it left him completely blind, loss of limbs and 100% deaf. He had a great desire to read the word of God and wanted to figure out a way he could read the Bible. Long story short, with prayer, he trained himself with help in braille and can proficiently read the Bible with the tip of his tongue. 

I may have a couple of the facts inaccurate, but the point being is when we think we might have it bad, there's someone who struggles worse. I don't claim to understand it fully in this world, but God's Grace is sufficient for all of us, as the Lord told the Apostle Paul. The Lord makes no mistakes on how we're born or the handicaps we have or develop, He is in control. It's His plans, purposes and will for our lives. We are to come to Him boldly in prayer and petition Him for our wants and needs, if it be His will. We can do nothing on our own. Even our ability to move and breath is a gift from God. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/27/2018 at 4:43 AM, shapes said:

What if.

When did you ask for Salvation which He is offering?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Luk 7:31  "To what then shall I compare the people of this generation, and what are they like?  Luk 7:32  They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another, "'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.'

The Jews wanted a king who would deliver them from the Romans, so they rejected  Jesus.  They played their pipes but He did not dance to their tune.  Is that what you have done?  He didn't answer your prayer for deliverance from mental problems so you rejected Him.  Perhaps God foreknew that you would not receive Christ as your Savior for the forgiveness of your sins, and as the Lord and King of your life.  He may have known that you would not stay faithful to the end.  God also tries our faith to see if it is genuine.  But He never gives up on us.  He will continue to plant seeds in your heart till you are ready to become His servant.

• Thumbs Up 1