• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 2/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, shapes said:

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

And what did you expect? Did you expect improvements for yourself here and now? I guess you thought your efforts would be a kind of an investment.  The relation with God is different. The right way is to be sincere and loving without looking for a feedback.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/27/2018 at 4:43 AM, shapes said:

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

What if you met Jesus Christ at the foot of the cross? What He did is often considered mentally unwell.... but was it? Now you have a choice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Do you agree with me on this? I submit that Job’s wife was the stupidest person that ever lived.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I submit that Job’s wife was the stupidest person that ever lived.

At least she didn't persuade her husband to get God to curse the the earth, or to crucify the author of life. I am glas Jesus died for us, but I would not want to be one who intentionally brought about His execution or betrayed Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/27/2018 at 4:43 AM, shapes said:

What if.

What if i have suffered more then you and longer then you, and i didnt quit "christianity"?

What if that?

What if all the apostles other then were often tortured, and all, except for John, died violently while serving and loving the LORD who did the same for YOU !

What if life is not FAIR, and when we become an ADULT we accept that life is not fair, and we face it, deal with it, and stop living to BLAME and WHINE

What if that?

Listen , this world is one big THORN, and noone gets out of here alive.  So, everyone hurts, everyone suffers, but , we belong to the Eternal Good, and no matter how difficult it is down here, its only temporary.

We as believers, have a billion x a billion glorious days ahead.... of perfection, without pain, without hopelessness, and only bliss and the wonder of God and Jesus in front of us.

So, focus on that.......Philippians 4:8.

WE dont give up, we dont quit, we dont turn back, we go full on to the end, and then we keep going.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

What if you just let go, and believed in His love?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

6 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

Shapes, you need to do this.  He is still teaching me how to trust Him.  I thought I trusted Him, but then He shows me I have to trust Him more - and believe, no matter what the circumstances are.  Our faith does not depend on our circumstances.  I am feeling your pain, Shapes - but there is no one except Jesus who has saved you, my friend, and will continue to do so, if you will follow Him.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

The Bible never says “ The righteous shall live by keeping the rules and keeping your repentance ledger up to date” The Bible says “The righteous shall LIVE by FAITH”. What you are describing is the faith walk that God wants His Children to undertake.The Bible isnt just a book about “ don’t do this and do do that”.Life is full of problems and God is looking for those who will turn to him and trust in His promises to get them through this life.Pass one test of faith, and God will put you through you another one— every time the test is just a little harder and requires more faith.This is how we grow in faith.Paul eventually got to the point he was content no matter what the circumstances were.That is how strong his faith walk made him. That is what God wants for us all.Our Faith is what started our walk with God , as Paul said......we are to finish the way we started.Faith is so pleasing to God that He created a Faith Hero Hall Of Fame That included scoundrels like David and Sampson.Heroes of faith who stumbled severely and were punished severely.Nowhere in the Bible do I see a chapter devoted to the heroes of good- doers or the heroes of repentance.If we give God what really pleases Him—- FAITH —-He will take care of the rest.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/27/2018 at 9:44 PM, *Deidre* said:

And His love is............Jesus...

Jesus is the HEART of God.

• Praise God! 1