• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/27/2018 at 5:43 AM, shapes said:

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

What if you demonstrated faith. Faith is believing the promises of God and acting on them” I am the God that healith thee” is the promise.Many go through their lifetimes “ not having obtained the promise”. If one dies not receiving the promise here on Earth, they will certainly get it in the next life, if they are a Believer.

It is my contention that anyone who “leaves Christianity” never knew it.Early Christians watched as their children were eaten alive by lions.All they had to do was “ leave  Christianity”. There is no record any of them did.You may have left religion.....that’s to your credit. Good for you! Pray that the Holy Spirit makes you “ good soil” .God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

What if you prayed to Jesus for over a decade for your own sanity, because you were terribly mentally unwell, and you grew more insane.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came

What if you couldn't do all those little thing's that people take for granted, and all the while your brothers & sister's stood by while you struggled to cook a healthy meal.

What if you read the Bible back to front looking for answers to why your so messed up, but most of the words that come out condemn you to a living hell.

What if.

Yes this is my story, my experience, and the reason I had to leave Christianity behind. If I didn't leave it behind I doubt I'd be here talking to you.

I am sincerely sorry for your experience and your pain, but knowing Jesus personally, I would say you've had a lot of church, but not much of a personal relationship with Jesus. Ask Jesus to interact with you personally, trust Him for salvation, and get Christian counseling against anxiety and your feelings of hopelessness.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/27/2018 at 4:43 AM, shapes said:

What if

God has spoken through His people but not a response was expected was it? No follow up on this is expected.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

What if.

Then there is something wrong with how you pray.

What if you had talked to hundreds of Christians, and attended church after church looking for healing, but healing never came.

Then it appears you are seeking God on your terms, not His. True believers are ALL healed in the next life. Realize Satan talks with Christians too, and is a regular church attender.  You should be honest with your self about whose will has the priority in your life, God's or yours? 

If your interpretation of the Bible condemns you to eternal hell, them you should take that as an urgent message to seek God's Grace and Forgiveness through Jesus Christ immediately.

There are millions of such stories Shapes. That tells you you are not alone. I'm guessing you will take this reply to your message as well as many of the others you received as rejection and condemnation of your confession. You would wrong to do think this however. We each here are making the points we do to get your attention, not to leave this forum. If you have lost your way in faith, or perhaps never really had it to begin with, which your statements seem to indicate, then NOW is the time to set that right. Scripture is explicitly clear about the steps to take. Are you willing? Do you truly seek God and Salvation through Christ? It only requires a simple yes or no Shapes, no lengthy explanation.

I would be honored to help, as I know many others here would be as well. Life is about the choices we make, and we reap what we sow. That means your choices have not been in your best interests so far. Ready to make a leap in faith then? Choose Shapes.

Cheers!:amen:

Edited by RockyMidnight
Typo