I'm going to kill myself in 2 weeks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

In some small way I can understand part of what you say and feel. I just could never blame the Lord God for my situation though. I did cry out to Him in a very strange and scary mind-set. And yes, here in the NOT USA, it is more difficult to end it all. But I had a plan of sorts.

I had been totally rejected and all I had was taken - I am young no longer. It was a really terrible feeling to have done all I had done to end up like this on the scrap-heap. Now some of that may be pride - even in death I think pride may rear its ugly head. Well, this is something that WILL separate us from the Lord God. He does NOT favor pride one little bit.

It is pride that suggests to us it is God's fault and that He has denied us what we think we may deserve. So make sure before you end it all that you get rid of your pride. Pulling the trigger is easy - getting rid of pride is the hard bit.

If you do not know how to do that, then call the number someone posted and ask them how to do it. They will help ready you for the next world. So be prepared. Get yourself in order. It is good you asked for some kind of help because you really need it.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Read the book of Job -- over and over again. 

It's a struggle and a battle for all of us, but as you accumulate winters you will get stronger.  My opinion is don't isolate yourself, find other like minded people and keep productive. Don't EVER go near guns. I have struggled with major depression my entire life, if I had easy access to a gun at any point in my life I would not be here and fortunately, being committed once, i'm pretty much barred from owning a gun.

Last year -- around August, my dog died. I knew him for half my life and he was my best friend and my world. I tried to hang myself. I couldn't do it, thankfully God has never given me those kinds of guts, but a gun is a different matter as it is very easy and instant. I think it is best to NEVER go near them if a person suffered from any suicidal ideation at any point of their life.    

Use your pain to draw closer to the lord "I do this for you, my king", as the years go on, you will get stronger and you will bear fruit. We're not living for this life, but for the next one. This is our chance to show our loaylty and love to our creator, what greater testament is our love for him than by being beside him in pain?

But I know what it feels like when you're in the moment, you just have to hold on and talk to others. I hope that you don't have the guts, IMO, if they bar people who were committed from owning guns where you live. You need to force yourself into a mental hospital ASAP.   

Edited by secretopossumcabal
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I fought depression for five long years,almost committed suicide.....I was a walking zombie with no hope. I eased into depression very slowly, but I was delivered in an instant.NEVER give up!!   We don’t always like God’s timing nor do we understand it.Trust God to get you through this valley.Prayers from others can work wonders.I am living proof. Remember this! NEVER GIVE UP !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

God loves you. God sent His Son to give you life abundantly. I will pray that you will know the breadth, the length, the height, and the depth of Gods love.   I love you, too. That is why I will pray for you.  I will also pray that you don't take your life.  Please allow us on Worthy to get to know you and to help you and to pray for you. We are here and we care about you. God cares about you. Don't take your life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 2/27/2018 at 11:49 PM, Worthlessloser said:

Like the title says. I put in the paperwork for a permit over the weekend, will buy a gun when it goes through, drive up to a mountain somewhere secluded, and blow my head off. Yes I know it's a terrible sin, but God is only watching when I do something bad, waiting to punish me. When I try to do good, He doesn't care. The essence of being a Christian is that there's no relief to suffering, but you can suffer more and more; you never get better, only worse. So I've had enough of a life that just gets worse, never better. This God who is supposedly loving, supposedly only wants good things for me, somehow lets me continue to suffer, dangling a promise of a better life that never comes. Enough already, time to end it

I remember many years back a guy told me he would shoot himself. I did not believe him but he did. Then there was a student who was abnormal. I could not talk him out. Some people have it genetically, suicidal inclinations. That does not depend on any suffering. Create the best conditions and this person would say that he is tired that there there is nothing interesting in his life and do it.  It is a kind of genetic sickness as I see it. Abnormality. In this context talk about God's love or no love is only a pretext. You have a health problem. That is for sure.  Some smart people avoid suicidal depression  with medication. Wish you had enough power of will to see a doctor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2/27/2018 at 1:49 PM, Worthlessloser said:

I put in the paperwork for a permit over the weekend, will buy a gun when it goes through, drive up to a mountain somewhere secluded, and blow my head off.

Dear @Worthlessloser, in God's eyes you are not a loser, and He gave you His Son Jesus to prove it. At the very worst time of my life I searched God's word as never before, read my bible completely through three times in approximately three months. That gave me answers, and faith to carry on. I am different than a great many in that I believe that once we're in Christ, He does the keeping; not us.

Then just why would we carry on in spite of the sufferings we experience? There's life for you that you probably have never even thought of; the peace and pleasure of coming into God's perfect will for your life. Someone spoke of Job, and in Job 1:1 God described him as that man who was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. Perfect? When the trials came, Job uttered these words in Job 3:3  Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived. We can sure come to the end of ourselves so as to reach to God instead.

Job 42:10  And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 
Job 42:12  So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning.

Please give God the opportunity to bless you as never before, and I ask this in Jesus' name.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, LovelyJoni said:

I have been suicidal a few times in my life. It was always a spiritual problem for me as I was running from God and into sin and sin was feeding my depression. Since I got saved I still get depressed at times, sometimes I get discouraged. If I focus on all the bad going on in the world I can get pretty down but if I focus on the Lord and His soon return that gives me hope so I really have to learn to focus on what's right, true and lovely. Easier said than done but I'm spending more time in God's Word and meditating on His Word and learning to trust Him. When you are saved the Lord will allow trials in your life to grow you up in Him and teach you to trust Him. If you learn to respond correctly you grow in the Lord and walk with the Lord and have an awesome relationship with Him just like Job, Noah, Moses and David and plenty others in the Bible who went through tough times even to the point of despising their life. But they held on and the Lord brought them through it and He will bring you through it too. I'm praying for you ?

The young lady above has said everything so well.  I hope you will really take her counsel to heart.

Worth, things can change.  I feel you are so down on yourself that you are making your depression worse.   Please read some encouraging words from the Bible and begin to dwell on those verses.  You need to get these negative thoughts out of your mind....reading God's word will help.  Also, perhaps try listening to some good Christian music?  Also, seek out an understanding pastor to talk with.... sometimes one needs to talk things out in person.  God bless and keep you safe in Him.

• Thumbs Up 1