• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

On 3/3/2018 at 4:59 PM, Lar said:

Dear "Worthlessloser,"

I wanted to quote what you had said, but I wound up quoting Ed J instead (Hi Ed J!)

Lar

Hi Lar,

Thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/27/2018 at 3:49 PM, Worthlessloser said:

Like the title says. I put in the paperwork for a permit over the weekend, will buy a gun when it goes through, drive up to a mountain somewhere secluded, and blow my head off. Yes I know it's a terrible sin, but God is only watching when I do something bad, waiting to punish me. When I try to do good, He doesn't care. The essence of being a Christian is that there's no relief to suffering, but you can suffer more and more; you never get better, only worse. So I've had enough of a life that just gets worse, never better. This God who is supposedly loving, supposedly only wants good things for me, somehow lets me continue to suffer, dangling a promise of a better life that never comes. Enough already, time to end it

Well, we all make choices. And those choices are based on our focus. You need to adjust the focus.

But the decision is ultimately yours. 

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I'll just invoke Romans 9:17,18. 

For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden.

People are going to do what they are going to do. But know this: This life is a mist. It is not the "real world" of eternity. This is more like a "boot camp". Can you stick it out and learn and do what you were put here to learn and do? You are in a war zone. Don't go all shell shocked on the rest of us. We're all in this together. And He's there for every single one of us. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

11 hours ago, Ed J said:

Hi Lar,

Thank you

Hello Ed J,

Thanks for your response to me.  :)

You're very welcome.

May God bless you too.

-- Lar

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

On 2/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, Worthlessloser said:

Like the title says. I put in the paperwork for a permit over the weekend, will buy a gun when it goes through, drive up to a mountain somewhere secluded, and blow my head off. Yes I know it's a terrible sin, but God is only watching when I do something bad, waiting to punish me. When I try to do good, He doesn't care. The essence of being a Christian is that there's no relief to suffering, but you can suffer more and more; you never get better, only worse. So I've had enough of a life that just gets worse, never better. This God who is supposedly loving, supposedly only wants good things for me, somehow lets me continue to suffer, dangling a promise of a better life that never comes. Enough already, time to end it

Blaming God. Not uncommon, but wait. All you can do is wait. Things do, and will get better. What if you mess it up and suffer even more while missing half your brain? That was my fear when I pondered ending it all, that it wouldn't work. Nothing else went my way. It's pointless and you know it. It won't solve anything and as soon as you place the gun at your head you won't do it. If you get that far. Part of me says, good luck with that but the other part of me says you want answers. Death comes soon enough and there's no need to cause it before its time. None of us get out of here alive. 

You've had enough? Join the club, welcome to reality and the human race. I used to cry and wonder why. Why Lord, why so much pain, suffering and disease and death? Why so much evil and sadness? Not of it made sense, until it did. When one knows the true gospel of salvation, (which my new thread will show you), you will never end your own life. Those who commit suicide have no knowledge of the truth. I've thought about suicide many times and planned it. 

I thought through the process and weighed the options, the perceived good and the actual bad. There is no "good" part to suicide. It's the most selfish act a person can do. It's all about you and your sad sad life that never gets better. You assume that God only waits to punish you and doesn't notice the "good" you try to do. God is patient and longsuffering, He has His own schedule and it's not YOUR schedule that He follows. It can be so hard to see the truth when you're thinking of death and suicide for parts of your waking hours each day. 

I went through it and was in a place for a few days where I couldn't end my life if I wanted to. I though of jamming a pencil in my neck or putting my face in the pillow to go peacefully with no air. The life in me was too strong. It's not me who lives but Christ in me. If you believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose the third day, according to Old Testament scripture, then you will not follow through with your lame plan.

Please read some of my thread, titled : Salvation, Doctrine and Rightly Dividing. Allow me to discuss this decision of yours with you and I will reason with you through scripture. You'll find the word of God when properly understood will give you everything you're missing. You can be content, at peace and lacking nothing. Let go of what you think you need and be satisfied (content) with who you are, where you are in life and what you "need". If you can talk to me or others here and still decide to do it, then you just don't "get it" when it's so simple to understand. 

As I saw in another post, they told that life is a mist and it's true. If we live 100 years it's still a blink of an eye. This life is temporary, momentary and it's not God "testing" you. God isn't driving you to suicide, the enemy is. The father of lies is invading your thoughts and has been winning lately. Don't give him the satisfaction of cutting another life short. I know nothing about you, your age, if you have kids, a wife or girlfriend, a job, a purpose and a meaning. None of that matters to me and if you follow through then none of that matters to you either. Whether you believe iit or not, this too shall pass. Be hopeful and confident, we can know we are saved in this life, I'll show you with scripture.

We are holy, unblameable and unreprovable in His sight. Because of Jesus Christ we are blameless and perfect in the sight of God

Colossians Chapter 1 - KJV - 

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;

Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You are not worthless, and you are not a loser. You’re making a decision based on a lie. You’re making a permanent decision based on a story in your head that can be changed.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You’re not worthless Loser, and I love you.

Guest Joy4JESUS

I understand where your coming from. I truly do. I was traumatized from age 4, abused mentally/verbally/spiritually/physically, abandoned, survived cancer, faced poverty, lost homes, been a single mother, have multiple health issues and now in the divorce process. I understand pain. But WHO BETTER to comfort me, than the One Who was abused- for me? Who else could comfort me like no other, with His arms and nail-scarred hands? Who better to dry my tears, than the One Whom was abandoned by those He loved, in His time of need?

And no matter what you’ve gone through, He is ready to comfort YOU too!!!!

Just reach out..

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

So many words.

Just 3 is enough.....GOD LOVES YOU.

To add, be strong!