• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 8/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, Retrobyter said:

I should add, though, that Muslims are coming to the Lord in DROVES! Many are being awakened to their mistake by the Lord Yeshua` IN PERSON! He is appearing to many and convincing them DIRECTLY of their need for a Savior!

Indeed.  Was listening to a lecture by Joel Richardson, who frequently is in the Middle East, and he has stated that the Church is growing exponentially in Iran and other areas.  The people have experienced oppressive Islamic Sharia first hand and are rejecting it.   There are reports of stuff like personal appearances by the Lord to some, but those are not well substantiated.  The majority of those coming to faith in Yeshua are doing so after learning from other believers.

Either way..... Hallelujah!!  We should all pray daily for the new believers in these repressive countries.  They need all the help and support they can get.

Edited by OldCoot
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 minute ago, OldCoot said:

Indeed.  Was listening to a lecture by Joel Richardson, who frequently is in the Middle East, and he has stated that the Church is growing exponentially in Iran and other areas.  The people have experienced oppressive Islamic Sharia first hand and are rejecting it.   There are reports of stuff like personal appearances by the Lord to some, but those are not well substantiated.  The majority of those coming to faith in Yeshua are doing so after learning from other believers.

Either way..... Hallelujah!!  We should all pray daily for the new believers in these repressive countries.  

Shalom, OldCoot.

Amen to that!

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 minute ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, OldCoot.

Amen to that!

Shalom!

Yeah, I am limited in what I can do, but one thing that I feel especially led to do is pray for the brothers and sisters in Messiah.  It has been a major focus for over a year now.  Especially those in repressive areas like the Middle East, Indonesia, Asia, etc.  

I am a disability retired Army veteran.  I look at this in a military sort of way.  Artillery is an effective weapon on both a broad and pinpoint scale, at both short and long distances.  Prayer is the believer's artillery.  It is the most effective tool the Lord has given us to wage war against the enemy.  

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Shalom!

Yeah, I am limited in what I can do, but one thing that I feel especially led to do is pray for the brothers and sisters in Messiah.  It has been a major focus for over a year now.  Especially those in repressive areas like the Middle East, Indonesia, Asia, etc.  

I am a disability retired Army veteran.  I look at this in a military sort of way.  Artillery is an effective weapon on both a broad and pinpoint scale, at both short and long distances.  Prayer is the believer's artillery.  It is the most effective tool the Lord has given us to wage war against the enemy.  

Shalom to you, and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

I thoroughly believe that YHWH God is working behind the scenes in all these Muslim countries. They too, after all, are children of Avraham. While He shall bring to fruition Ezekiel 38 and 39, as Shiloh357 said,

"There will never be peace with Muslims; Islam and their amen corner in the EU will be dealt a devastating blow per Ezek. 38-39; Then there will be peace,"

it is also true that He will win as many of them as He may on the way to that day. I like to think of US, the believers around the world, as YHWH God's "amen corner," cheering Him on to that day and asking for His protection for those whom He wins along the way!

I've said it before in a different thread, but I think it bears repeating: EVERY unbeliever, no matter how sinful and rough he or she may look and act, is at least a POTENTIAL believer in God's economy! GOD knows "who will and who won't," but from our perspective, since we don't have the foreknowledge of God, we must treat EVERY unbeliever, even the Muslims, as POTENTIAL believers until the last decision has been made!

• Group:  Diamond Member

I am not sure I am on board with this idea, but Joel Richardson makes a very compelling case that the Islamic Caliphate will be the final empire from which the false messiah (antichrist) will come from.  Mecca is the "mystery babylon".   He centers most of the idea around Daniel 2, the statue dream.

One aspect that he illuminated, the legs and toes of the statue, the final empire, engulfs the territory of the others.  The Roman empire never engulfed the area of the previous Mede/Persion or Greek empires of the statue.  But the Islamic Caliphate did until 1923 for over 1000 years.  And the words in Aramaic are interesting in the passage...

Daniel 2:43 (NKJV) As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay.

"mixed" in Aramaic is literally the word "Arab".  Islam was born in Saudi Arabia.  The Quran is in Arabic.   And Islam is made up of dozens of sects that all are at odds with each other, they don't cleave to one another.  Seems to fit the verse pretty good.  And when you tie in the description of the Tribulation saints being beheaded for their testimony, and the preferred method of offing "infidels" is beheading, it all makes for a compelling case.

Like I said, I am not fully on board with the idea, but I am taking it into consideration and studying it further. He goes into a lot more detail to support the idea.  I only hit the highlights.

And what better place on the planet than the area of the Islamic Caliphate for YHVH to do a mighty move of building up a group of believers!

Edited by OldCoot
Spelling

6 hours ago, OldCoot said:

I am not sure I am on board with this idea, but Joel Richardson makes a very compelling case that the Islamic Caliphate will be the final empire from which the false messiah (antichrist) will come from.  Mecca is the "mystery babylon".   He centers most of the idea around Daniel 2, the statue dream.

One aspect that he illuminated, the legs and toes of the statue, the final empire, engulfs the territory of the others.  The Roman empire never engulfed the area of the previous Mede/Persion or Greek empires of the statue.  But the Islamic Caliphate did until 1923 for over 1000 years.  And the words in Aramaic are interesting in the passage...

Daniel 2:43 (NKJV) As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay.

"mixed" in Aramaic is literally the word "Arab".  Islam was born in Saudi Arabia.  The Quran is in Arabic.   And Islam is made up of dozens of sects that all are at odds with each other, they don't cleave to one another.  Seems to fit the verse pretty good.  And when you tie in the description of the Tribulation saints being beheaded for their testimony, and the preferred method of offing "infidels" is beheading, it all makes for a compelling case.

Like I said, I am not fully on board with the idea, but I am taking it into consideration and studying it further. He goes into a lot more detail to support the idea.  I only hit the highlights.

And what better place on the planet than the area of the Islamic Caliphate for YHVH to do a mighty move of building up a group of believers!

Shalom, OldCoot.

Perhaps, but I believe that we have a HUGE amount of Scripture to re-think, especially about the "antichrist" or "man against Torah" ("man of sin") or the "Beast." It's been taught that all these verses talk about the ONE "Antichrist," or as you say, "false Messiah." I'm not so sure. People have taken that HUGE amount of Scripture verses out of their respective contexts and mashed them all together in a hodge-podge, and like the feet of iron and clay, I'm not so sure that they really go together as well as some claim. And I am CONFIDENT (THOROUGHLY CONVINCED) that Daniel 9 does NOT allude to some antichrist figure in the future, and since many base the future "time of peace" for the Jews in which there is a covenant made with this figure that will be broken at the half-way point of the final Week of years upon this prophecy given to Daniel, that interpretation falls apart. Remove that prophecy from the mix and what is left, based on the Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah, and Paul's letters to the Thessalonikans? 

Anyway, still studying.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,455
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 7/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, ambc said:

Haredim Jews will eventually become the majority in Israel, with their high birth rates and low birth rates of all other types of Jews. Do you really want to be supporting such a state where Christians' human rights are severely neglected?

That is possibly the exception, but certainly not the rule. Even if it were so, which it is not, I'll take a 'blessing' over a 'curse any day. God said it, I believe it, end of story. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 7/20/2018 at 9:48 PM, brujaq said:

All I know is I developed a love for the Jewish nation and Israel almost supernatural since I became ''born again'' .. I know they/some don't love or care for Christians but it doesn't matter to me at all .. I envy all my Christian Brothers who have been blessed with being fortunate enough to visit the land of Judea and mingle with the citizens there .. I kinda think our oldest son wants to send his mother and I there one day before too long to visit .. I think I'd be overtaken with emotion several times while there , a little now while even thinking about it now .. God Bless Israel !!!

EVERY person is invested in and endowed with a facet of God's heart for others. 

For years (since my early teens) I've KNOWN with an absolute certainty that my "heart" was for teaching Christians how to tap into the Spirit. 

I'm NOT an evangelist, I'm NOT a person who takes care of physical needs.  That is NOT the heart God gave me. 

If you have a Heart for the Jewish people then embrace it, pursue it, equip and empower yourself with knowledge.  Learn Hebrew, read the Torah, read all the books and scriptures for the Jewish people, go after it with FULL FORCE, because God will anoint you and empower you to reach those hearts that other people declare are closed off from the truth!  Step out in Faith and reach for the people God is giving you!

• Thumbs Up 1